9/11 - the documentary

Tools    

No I don't want to waste hours of my life debating every theory and debunk surrounding events of 911.
I'm new here but, what the hell are you talking about?!?!?!?!??!?!

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I'm new here but, what the hell are you talking about?!?!?!?!??!?!
9/11 was false flag terrorism.

That means Elements of the US government/Intel agencies carried out the attacks themselves and blamed the phantom Al CIAda, as a pretext for a never ending war against terrorism that would be very profitable for old rich greedy wicked men. Also good for Israel to have the US army all over the middle east.

Except it wasn't. I see that while you apparently have no time to defend your pronouncements, you have plenty of time to make more of them.

My response is the same: if you want to push this stuff, there's a thread awaiting your response to about a dozen arguments. Let's keep it out of this thread, however, whatever you believe.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Hmmm...

Anybody else?

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

9/11 was false flag terrorism.

That means Elements of the US government/Intel agencies carried out the attacks themselves and blamed the phantom Al CIAda, as a pretext for a never ending war against terrorism that would be very profitable for old rich greedy wicked men. Also good for Israel to have the US army all over the middle east.
No.

Do you actually think a conspiracy that large would have somehow not been leaked? Give me a break. The government is laughing at you right now; ironically, they'd rather have these conspiracy theorists running around.

I can't help but groan whenever I see one of those cheaply made VHS tapes about 9/11 conspiracies. They always seem to "know" more than engineers.

No one is arguing about the Israeli-US relations, because that's been going on for decades, but this conspiracy theory garbage is pretty disgusting--not to mention stupid. Some people watch too much TV.

Sorry Yoda, I just read your post. I'll refrain from going any further.

I watched it, and I have no idea what's "off" about it except the high coincidence that the two brothers just happened to be making documentary with the FDNY at the time.

Other than that non-issue, you only get some of the most breathtaking footage of 9/11 you'll ever see during critical times like the period within Tower 1 while Tower 2 came down and escaping Tower 1 before it came down as well as the reaction of the people on the streets right after both plane collisions and tower collapses.

Having not thought about 9/11 for a while (other than its political consequences), this film really reconnected me with the incident in an extremely visceral way.

It's a great documentation of the historical event regardless of whether or not the government commissioned the two brothers beforehand with inside information about scheduled collapse times in order to emotionally obfuscate or build credibility with the public for their cover-up (lolwut).

I've added it to my Queue, P. Do you think it's worth watching?
Sure is. I probably need to watch it again myself since it's been a while. At least for the sake of this discussion.

I watched it, and I have no idea what's "off" about it except the high coincidence that the two brothers just happened to be making documentary with the FDNY at the time.

Other than that non-issue, you only get some of the most breathtaking footage of 9/11 you'll ever see during critical times like the period within Tower 1 while Tower 2 came down and escaping Tower 1 before it came down as well as the reaction of the people on the streets right after both plane collisions and tower collapses.

Having not thought about 9/11 for a while (other than its political consequences), this film really reconnected me with the incident in an extremely visceral way.

It's a great documentation of the historical event regardless of whether or not the government commissioned the two brothers beforehand with inside information about scheduled collapse times in order to emotionally obfuscate or build credibility with the public for their cover-up (lolwut).
What I experience as staged or fishy, you obviously don't, and that's that. I remember feeling that it gave me the same impression as fake documentaries or mockumentaries always give me; the sense of someone trying to be authentic and not acting. I also remember feeling that it was oddly coherent in a way that didn't seem realistic for a documentary of such a chaotic events.

Again, it's been nine years. I've to watch it again.

Has anyone seen the documentary called "9/11" by the two french brothers Naudet? What did you think about it?
Never saw it. Never even heard of it. Doubt I'd watch it even if available, for the same reason I don't watch films about the Nazis murdering Jews. What's the point in watching so much cruelty, death and misery? What could I possibly learn from it I don't already know from the news reports at the time? And what do the French know about 9/11 anyway?

Well, from any documentary you have the possibility of experiencing the event via the perspective of people who lived it differently than you. No one needs to tell me what it felt like to see it all happen on the news, but I can certainly learn a little what it felt like to be in New York that day by hearing someone who was there talk about it, yeah?

Never saw it. Never even heard of it. Doubt I'd watch it even if available, for the same reason I don't watch films about the Nazis murdering Jews. What's the point in watching so much cruelty, death and misery? What could I possibly learn from it I don't already know from the news reports at the time? And what do the French know about 9/11 anyway?
If news reports from that time is your only source of information I'd say that "the French" know about just as much as you do - at a minimum. Basically, we all watched the same news in most of the world back then. The Naudets, on the other hand, were in the middle of it all so they have must have had first hand information.

Interesting that you bring up the Nazis and the Holocaust. I watched Nuit et brouillard (eng. Night and Fog) (1955) by Alain Resnais (a Frenchman!) a couple of weeks ago. It's a documentary containing footage from when the concentration camps were opened. As expected, it's really horrific - but at the same time this 50's documentary showed me things I'd never seen before. And even though it's understandable that someone wouldn't want to see other people's misery and suffering I think it's an attitude that leads to oblivion, ignorance and intolerance. I felt like a richer person after having watched Nuit et brouillard because I learned a little bit more about the human condition.

That you haven't heard of 9/11 is in a way illustrating my point. Is the fact that so few seem to have heard of it the result of the film being restricted for a TV audience?