Dislike of Technology

Tools    

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I hate answering the phone because most the time it's a tele marketer or someone asking for donations. Then they call right during dinner

I don't know why that happens, but even if I'm on a land line and the other person is on a cell phone, there is a time lag, and it makes conversation unnatural and difficult. Then there's the inevitable cell break up where you only here parts of words. Image if we all typed like that? It w d be so ha to r d, hat e ive up.
Or that friend or family member that insists on doing chores or other activities while talking, constantly turning his/her head side to side affecting the sensitivity of the mic being closer then farther from their speaky hole.

Or or or ...those that can't manage to speak at a reasonably constant volume. I'm constantly riding my volume to hear someone, then they decide to speak up nearly deafening me.

lol? OK. My ranty stuff is over.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

I hate answering the phone because most the time it's a tele marketer or someone asking for donations. Then they call right during dinner[/b]
I never answer unknown numbers unless I'm actually expecting a call from a number not on my friends list.

At Sunday mass yesterday a friend mentioned that he had called me at 8 a.m. that morning, but decided not to leave a voicemail. Personally, I would never call someone at home before, say, 9.30 a.m. & never later than 9 p.m. And definitely not on a Sunday.

I don't know about anyone else but I think this is the perfect description of those that designed said stove. Bravo yn, bravo!!!

With regards the removal of beards - I still find rubbing one's face gently against a brick wall for a few minutes each day perfectly adequate and no charging or electricity required at all so planet friendly too

LOL! Or just grind up some peanuts and sprinkle the peanut dust on your beard, then set a Chypmunk loose and let him gnaw his way through the hair!

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Or that friend or family member that insists on doing chores or other activities while talking, constantly turning his/her head side to side affecting the sensitivity of the mic being closer then farther from their speaky hole.

Or or or ...those that can't manage to speak at a reasonably constant volume. I'm constantly riding my volume to hear someone, then they decide to speak up nearly deafening me.

lol? OK. My ranty stuff is over.
LMAO. Are you sure you're notBritish, Y/N? Sometimes you have a very Brit sense of humour IMO.

I had a rant but it's flown the coop so I'll make one up. It's 2.30 in the am here and I've just made a creamy broccoli and cauli soup for breakfast (without the cream). Unfortunately there isnt enough left incase a more reasonable breakfast time comes around and Mr D wants some. I might have to be a martyr and give him what I left.Damn it's good!

Apologies not apologies for my positivity Pollyanna highjacking the crying corner. Nothing wrong with crying, as people keep telling me out in the big bad.

I'm currently watching a doco called TheHollow Crown: Richard II. Not really a sniffle of annoyance here but merely an observation-the good are always so so so beautiful in shakespeare's world and the ugly of temperament are downright hideous to look at. I find the extremes in looks distracting. There you go - I brought it back on topic for y'all.

Pray tell,what is the correct spelling of y'all. Y'all or ya'all. Matt McCon would know. Where is his lovely yoga-fied body when I need him.

@Dani8

lol. Thank you for your story too Always enjoy reading your stuff. And no, I am not British in any way. Broccoli in soup-form is my bane. I literally shiver when I think of it, but I am happy that you were able to enjoy it and eat enough of it so as to not have enough to share

And you are correct. It is y'all. You all.

P.S. I feel like an idiot for Googling "Mat McCon" and seeing all the results to then think to myself in confusion, "Wait just a minute! That's..... oooooh. I get it."

@Dani8

lol. Thank you for your story too Always enjoy reading your stuff. And no, I am not British in any way. Broccoli in soup-form is my bane. I literally shiver when I think of it, but I am happy that you were able to enjoy it and eat enough of it so as to not have enough to share

And you are correct. It is y'all. You all.

P.S. I feel like an idiot for Googling "Mat McCon" and seeing all the results to then think to myself in confusion, "Wait just a minute! That's..... oooooh. I get it."
LOL Y/N. You always make me laugh, cheer me up when I feel blue (Im pretty cold right now so there you go) and generally just brighten up my day. I look forward to our first heated argy bargy, although I have run out of puff of late. Still, I aint goin down without a fight, lemme tell ya.
As for Mathew, I just never know how to spell his bloody name. You would think with my celtic origins it would be a cinchy, but alas...

LOL Y/N. You always make me laugh, cheer me up when I feel blue (Im pretty cold right now so there you go) and generally just brighten up my day. I look forward to our first heated argy bargy, although I have run out of puff of late. Still, I aint goin down without a fight, lemme tell ya.
As for Mathew, I just never know how to spell his bloody name. You would think with my celtic origins it would be a cinchy, but alas...
*curtsies*
I'm glad then that I can help brighten your 3:30 AM. Though I think I would rather you be ASLEEP at that time of NIGHT!!!

I can't remember a post in which I wanted to argue with you. Maybe when we were both only a few weeks into the site? MAYBE? But I honestly can't remember anything. But if it will make you happy, I'm sure we can create a topic to draw lines in. *cracks knuckles*

puff puff and pass to the left? Wait. That's not what you meant, I'm sure.

Returning to the subject of the telephone, I very much dislike calling someone who has the TV blaring in the background. Instead of them turning it off or lowering the volume, I have to practically yell down the phone so as to be heard. Elderly folks do this a lot.

*curtsies*
Though I think I would rather you be ASLEEP at that time of NIGHT!!!
Well that's a wee bit too bad then, my good man, although Mr D would agree with you. I cant help enjoying my upside down world at the moment. Oops, Mr D just walked by to let the boys out for toilet and I heard the sounds of disgruntlement, as I am sure there will be in this thread.

oh my goodness, still watching the Richard II doco. How could they have such great cgi back between 1367 and 1340?

Driverless cars - definitely the way to go forward (or even reverse I suppose). I mean what could possibly go wrong ..... right?