Carnage - 2011

→ in
Tools    

Directed by Roman Polanski

Two pairs of parents hold a cordial meeting after their sons are involved in a fight, though as their time together progresses, increasingly childish behavior throws the evening into chaos (plot).

I haven't seen the play on stage but i know this is a movie with only four characters in a room, and they talk for about one hour or 70 min in this film, first thing i ask my self "is this a boring film?", but after i watch this film i change my opinion, for example when i saw "12 angry men" they shoot the film in one room with few actors but i didn't feel boring or stop the film to do something!, this film made by an great director Mr Roman Polanski (The Pianist, Chinatown) with great cast "Foster, Winslet, Waltz and C. Reilly", i can't talk about the acting because was perfect, and the script was creativity, and if you like dark humour and a long conversation with soft, hard, strong arguing you will love this film, one of the best films of this poor year.

4/5

I'm partial to play adaptations granted the feel of the play is still there and Carnage aligns well. Impressively entertaining, yet was barely in theaters here, I don't get that.

PS: People who think Tarantino is the king of dialogue need to check out some playwrights.