No Man's Land - 2001

→ in
Tools    

Directed by Danis Tanovic

Bosnia and Herzegovina during 1993 at the time of the heaviest fighting between the two warring sides. Two soldiers from opposing sides in the conflict, Nino and Ciki, become trapped in no man's land, whilst a third soldier becomes a living booby trap.

So much I have read, so much has been written about this academy award movie, but it's still somewhere in the dark, i'm wondering why ?

I advice every one see this post
don't skip the film just because it's Serbo-Croatian, No Man's Land is a great, amazing and fascinating black-humor war movie, It talks about two soldiers from different sides (Serbian and Bosnian), and their struggling for each country.

What I liked the most is that DANIS TANOVIC, who is Bosnian director, did not refer positively on his homeland, you can see the balance between those two sides. However, the film is full with symbolics and the storyline is interesting with some black humor in it, Performances are also great, specially Branko Djuric, who was nominated for European Film Award. Too bad he didn't win. People who understand this symbolic film, they will see and discover the real picture of suffering and agony in this 4-year war against Bosnia. I am so glad Danis could find the excellent way to show it, through symbolism.

4/5

I haven't seen this film in nearly a decade but remember really liking it, think I gave it a similar rating. Also, I found the exact clip I was looking for...sweet.

And I think you can watch the entire film on youtube. Don't tell anyone.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

i seen this film about 10 years ago,it is a good film,worth of watching...

I've seen too much of you ...

I have to watch this movie about 8 years ago,it is a good film,worth of watching. but now am watching TV Shows like Home and Away & Gossip Girl.