My Favorite Musical Bollywood Film: Aashiqui 2

→ in
Tools    

Hey friends and movie lovers, today I'm going to discuss about my favorite Hindi movie in terms of music, Aashiqui 2.

From few past years there is a talk in India about the quality of new Bollywood songs and movies. The major discussion is on the classic hindi songs vs new one's and the majority of likes goes with classic songs. But in year 2013 a film named Aashiqui 2 highly proved that the music is still alive in Bollywood, as it was the musical blockbuster of the year. And i personally loves each song of it, all are touchy and have new taste with a great music sense.

The film is simple but effective. It is a story of famous singer named Rahul who later losses his fame due to his drinking habit and then he became a local stage singer, performs in not so urban cities. While performing in a city, he meets a girl who is singing in a bar and supported her in her singing career. Later they get closer and fall in love with each other.

The whole film is in a musical tone which gives a romantic feeling, in the end it becomes too emotional that it will make you cry. Below are the songs from it. I bet you will love each of it.

• Tum Hi Ho
  • Sunn Raha hai
  • Hum Mar Jayengy
  • Piya Aaye na
  • Meri Aashique
  • Chahun Main Ya Na
  • Bula Dena Mujhey
  • Aasan Nahin Yahan
If you want to say something about this beautiful musical film or want to share something then go ahead.

Sorry to say, this film was a let down (not that I had any expectations).
I do get the commercial appeal of the director, he does give what the audiences want.

Considering most hindi films are musicals, this one doesn't stand out at all. I would call a film like Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa or even the original Aashiqui for that matter. DDLJ, another highly recommended musical. They actually keep the spirit of musicals in tact.

Aashiqui 2 did have good tunes, so it works as a film with a good soundtrack in my opinion, will not go far to label it as a musical, just the same way I wouldn't label Almost Famous as a musical.

As to why the film was a let down, it had a very weak storyline. Like most hindi films, pushing basic emotions in an immoderate setup.
I don't find the suicide justified, neither the emotional tension and friction in both their careers and personalities. I think Abhimaan did it better.

Emotionally the film could have delivered better, though some song sequences did do a good job portraying it, alas not too much.
The suicide/death lacked poetry.

You have your own opinion and may be you are right and there is no competition of musicals like DDLJ and some others. But Aashiqui 2 is still better from other Hindi films of present generation (In musical sense).

Hindi film music died a long time ago...there might be one or two good songs that pop up here and there, but in general, nothing to really talk about (the last really good song that I heard was "Dil To Bachcha Hai JI" from the film Ishqiya in 2010 by Bishal Vardwaj) and the last film that I can think of that had a few really outstanding songs in it was Jism by M.M.Kreem, even that was like 12 years ago...if I make a top 20 Bollywood Musicals of all time, none of the film after 1970 would feature in it (except Pakeezah in 1972)...

I have heard songs of Aashiqui 2, they didn't really made any impact on me...