Best Kevin Smith movie?

Tools    

The title is pretty self-explanitory, so let's just get right to it.

I love them all, except Chasing Amy (even though the way that J.Lee realizes he's in a gaybar and his expression is simply priceless!!).

I vote Mallrats, becuase it was filmed in my hometown, and it's the funniest IMO.

I'm new here, so don't jump up my ass if this has already been done.

- Crow

"C'mon..."
"No...no John."
"C'mon...."
"No...no...no John"
"I'll drive."
"Ok."

-Stripes

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Whats up Draven? Pleased to meet you.

Welcome to my version of your post:

Come see me Draven.......

I'm an Irish Leprechaun
To be honest I have never seen Mallrats, but my personal favourite would be Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back

*awaits numerous remarks*

Thats cool. I love all of his films so far.

Both of you at least do the poll on the link I posted earlier. (Post there too though!)

I'm an Irish Leprechaun
Originally posted by Beale the Rippe
Thats cool. I love all of his films so far.

Both of you at least do the poll on the link I posted earlier. (Post there too though!)
Already have!!

I think Smith's best has been Chasing Amy.

Do you know my poetry?
I think Kevin Smith's best film is Chasing Amy
Then I think the second best is Dogma
Then I think the 3rd best is Clerks
The the 4th I think is Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back
The the 5th is Mallrats
I always dont know whether to pick Clerks or Jay an Silent Bob, I have to pick Clerks.

It was beauty killed the beast.
Pretty sure Kong has said this in another thread around here, but anyways:

The Good:

Chasing Amy
Clerks

The Not Good:

Mallrats
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back

The Kong saw it but forgot almost everything about it:

Dogma

Shifting the topic slightly, does anyone else think that Kevin Smith is a rather stinky director? Kong isn't saying that his writing is bad (although it has been uninspired a few times), but that his directorial skills are either lacking, or he just doesn't care very much. For example, he often keeps takes with wretchedly overacted lines, and his camera never moves. His directing talent is about that of a low budget amateur TV show director. Kong thinks it's sad to see relatively good writing suffer from such apathetic direction.

I See You When You're Sleeping
I'd agree with you partly Kong, on his directing fashion. For me I think he intends to shoot lifelessly to bring more emphasis on the dialogue. I'm not saying this is a great way as some scenes can then appear dull and hard to keep along with as the dialogue becomes too heavy on the viewer.

Ones I've Seen.

Dogma- Loved it. The only kevin smith movie I own. I thougt this was very funny and liked some of the religious natter.

Jay and Bob Strike Back - Too much, too late I'm afraid. Those characters aren't meant to hold a movie. I got bored of them too easily.

Chasing Amy - Jason Lee saves the movie. If it were not for him, I'd never remember the movie. /

Mallrats - Decent film. Once again Jason Lee.

Isn't he doing as Fletch sequel with Jason Lee ?

Best Kevin Smith movie is Dogma, I liked Chasing Amy, but only because of Jason Lee

Last I heard, yes on the Fletch sequel. Right now he is doing Jersey Girl.

Movie Explorer
I'll have to say "Clerks."
I absolutely love that movie. Next to that comes "Mallrats" and "Jay & Silent Bob Strike back."

Shame on you Mr Bush, shame on you!
this is my list:
1. mallrats
2. jay and silent bob
3. dogma
4. clerks
5. chasing amy
I feel hate 'cause I move fast

The Future Ed Wood
Clerks is by far the best Smith film with Chasing Amy a close second. The other three were very weak and by the time Jay and Silent bob came out it was just a series of gross out and boring scenes. He is not the iconic director that most people make him out to be.

Visit the best film forum on the web http://www.empireonline.co.uk/

I must become Caligari..!
1. Clerks
2. Chasing Amy
3. Dogma
4. Mall Rats
5. Jay and silent bob strike back

The Flying Car is also very good
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

So thats a good abominable?

The King of Horror
My favorite Kevin Smith movie is Dogma. Dogma is one of the funniest movies I have ever seen. It is also because it is the best role Chris Rock has done.In my opinion

Not saying a whole lot, but, yes, it probably is.