The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Tools    

Originally Posted by Malcuolo
There is one spot of hope for this movie though and that is that the cinematographer on the original TCM is back for this one. I don't know what the rest of ya think, but a lot of the original films greatness is due to the look of the film, they made a low budget shocker look a lot bigger than it was, and I hope that he can at least make this movie watchable. They shouldn't be redoing it, but since they already have it done, all ya can do is hope for the best.
Oh, yes, I know, and I've already noticed the brilliant similarities from the trailer, and it's stunning. HOWEVER....... That doesn't make up from the new screenplay they have for this turkey, the new look for Leatherface (gone clown) ... a FEMALE hitchhiker! of all things... the stupid "teenagers" they have riding around... UGH! Leatherface, leatherface, leatherface.... show me the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre in theaters instead!

I will go make myself see this movie though. A part of me wants to boycott it, but I can't. It's TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE! I've never seen one of those at the movies. And even though it'll probably suck, it's the closest thing I've got to actually seeing the original TCM when it first came out in 1974. GOD, how I wish they'd hurry and invent time machines.

There isn't anyplace by you that shows older movies SC? Here in Cleveland (yeah go figure) We have a place that often shows older pictures and I wouldn't be surprised if the original TCM shows up when this one comes out.

And I agree the whole girl hitchiker thing is pretty bad, but I gotta hold out for this thing at least being worthy of having the TCM name attached to it, because none of the sequels to this movie are worthy of it. They just get worse as they go, but this one looks at least watchable to me. Either way, New Line will no be able to have their Freddy Vs. Jason Vs. Leatherface movie for next year.