Am I allowed to promote/Advertise another site, here?

Tools    

Cause I need more members!

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Use meta tags if you're wanting more people on your site.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

If you don't know what meta tags are (those tags that are based on keywords for your site, that generate search engine hits) you shouldn't have a website.

Well, that's the idea. And the site has 65 members, BTW. And that's just over a 2 month period. We have a good mod team, so not TERRIBLE spam gets past me and my mod-buds, LOL.

65 members in 2 months isn't bad, but that doesn't change the fact that we don't allow promotion of other sites on the board.

There is a place in your profile where you can list your site address.

The right way to do it would be to fill in that blank and then come here and wow us all with your insights and acumen with regard to film.

At that point, we might take it upon ourselves to find out more about you by clicking on your profile.

When we do that, we'll see that you have an awesome website that we should probably visit.

What we're trying to discourage is people who come in here for the sole purpose of advertising their respective sites without contributing anything here while doing it. Would you welcome people taking advantage like that on your site?

I, for one, appreciate you asking before doing.

Actually, now I'm sorry I was nice to you. I just read a thread where you quite casually spoiled a movie I was looking forward to.

Also, I read a few of your other posts and I think you should probably crawl back under the rock from whence you came.