HAPPY 10th ANNIVERSARY, Movie Forums!

Tools    

Quick update: there's still new stuff coming, it just all got put on hold by various offline concerns. There's at least one new thingie that's been mostly done for months, but has a few bugs left, so expect new stuff over the next few weeks before I get too close to the Wedding day and go into some kind of feature lockdown mode.

When you say "bugs" you don't mean spiders, do you? I don't like spiders. They're oogie.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

PARTY HARD

Am I too late?

Seriously, great job, Yoda! Here's to the next decade!

Nah, you're not too late; we'll spend the next 10 years celebrating the last 10. Hi-oh.

Anyway, next week, I should be able to start rolling out some of the other stuff I'd wanted to have coincidence with the anniversary. Stupid real life, getting in the way of my poorly-laid plans.

Oh Christ, I just realize you joined in '02. Woah. I bow to you, sir.

Your screen probably has burn-in.

Well, I'm almost getting tired of posting this, but after breaking the single-day post record on July 14th, and then breaking that record on July 26th, we've just broken that record, and we'll probably have room to spare by the end of the day.

There's a certain semi-round milestone that we've only hit 5 times in the site's history...and all 5 times have come in the last 23 days. Pretty crazy.

What's the number for a day? One of these days I might just go all out for 24 hours or so.

That's top secret info there, PN.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Oh.

Why?

I'd rather be needlessly secretive and pointlessly mysterious than answer your perfectly reasonable question. Suffice to say, it's more than 100 and less than 1,000.

101 then? That's not too much.

For one person to pull it off, or at least carry the bulk of the weight, he/she would have to post about once per 1-2 minutes for 24 hours straight.

Maybe on New Years' or something.

Thanks for this great forum its amazing i love this site

happy anniversey even though im late

Okay, another quick record update: we came quite close to breaking the post record again last night, but didn't quite. However, we've broken the weekly post record 3 of the last 4 weeks, and we're almost certainly going to break it yet again this week.

Also, after shattering our monthly post record in July, we're on pace to shatter that record again this month. I think we'll be hard-pressed to do it three times in a row, but I'm done being surprised by this stuff. And, more importantly, we're looking very likely to break last year's yearly post record, as well, despite a somewhat slow first half of the year.

Put me in your pocket...

Happy 10th Anniversary Yoda and MoFo~
I didn't realize you were only 15 when you started this place Chris. Congrats!
It's pretty impressive that you've nurtured MoFo to grow into what it is today.
All that time, energy, love, patience and an occasional firm hand when needed...
...kinda like early Papa training?

Congrats again Chris. You've created a great place for everyone to come to.
Thanks for all of the time, love and patience you've put into MoFo.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's sexy to be late, don't'cha know??? I've been here almost 3 and a half years...the longest I have ever dedicated to a site. I plan to say the exact same thing in 10 years time. Awesome site, awesome posters and awesome moderators.