Legend of Zelda movie

Tools    

if they and I hope they do make a Zelda movie honestly I dont care who stars in it (if it is live action) but as long as they can honestly make me believe that character has come to life its hard to fill those shoes I guess you can say after all none of every heard voices of these characters just like advent children coming out we never heard their voices from the game but some how i know it all will work out but that is just what I think I am speaking for no one but myself and i dont think they should make it based off a zelda game they have nowmake the movie it's own adventure I say but make sure to have ganon not some dumb made up villian

I think that they should do a Zelda movie in CGI format like the Final Fantasy movie. Very realistic, without the limitations of real actors. The creatures and fight scenes would be awesome. They could design the characters to look like they should. You could have seasoned actors supply the voices without having to worry about them not looking like teens.

No, I'd hate to see it CGI, I mean i'm not a really big fan of CGI or anything. If they were going to make The Legend Of Zelda into a movie it would have to be live action or it will just feel like your watching a video game. With the Final Fantasy movie though it wouldn't feel like that due to the old graphics of the original Final Fantasy VII it a major improvement and you dont feel like its a video game cineamatic, But the legend of zelda games so far have had really good graphics for the time they were released making it harder to make a movie with CGI.

After that one picture of Keira Knightley that would be a good choice for Zelda, But Link would be a hard one to cast. They would probably need to have a brand new person because I could notpicture any celebrity as of now that could fit the role.

The Reaping 7/10
Transformers 8.5/10
Flight of the Living Dead 6/10
The Invisible 6/10
Return to House on Haunted Hill 1/10
Planet Terror 8/10
A Mighty Heart 7/10

I am Jack's Smirking Revenge
Originally Posted by T.H.U.G
I think they should make a Zelda movie. It would be good if it was made like LOTR, and I think Link would look a little more mature if he looked more like Fierce Diety Link. Here are some of my ideas for the characters:

Link- Orlando Bloom or Elijah Wood
Zelda- Keira Knightly
Ganondorf- Johnny Depp or Arnold Vosloo (Imhotep)
Nabooru- Michelle Rodriguez

Also I think there should be a whole new story(in hyrule) instead of basing it on one of the games. Anyone with me?
i would hate to see it in cgi, and i dont know what you were thinking with elijah :/ but the other choices are good. They might have to get a brand new person though, i agree with that.... no wait.. Tom Cruise.. lol, jk, maybe thell get lucky like Lucas did with Mark Hammil, hopefully thell find their Skywalker.

A new story might be a bit much, keep it simple,. good vs. evil. But they should make it LONG, an hour and a half just wont do it. ALL i really wanna see, is Link on the virge of death, with almost no way of winnning, and then having some miracle save him at the end whenhe fights Gannondorf. I AM REALLY lookin forward to some awesome choreography too, they have to get the dude, who did choreography for Devil May Cry - the first game, that would be just.. awesome.

I have several thoughts about what has been talked about in this thread:
- Movie_bug

Originally Posted by blackashjester
i would hate to see it in cgi, and i dont know what you were thinking with elijah.
Yes, you are right. Cgi would be too much. I mean for most of the monsters, they could do what they did in LOTR(Lord of the Rings) and dress up actors and stuntmen as monsters and in makeup. Maybe some of the bosses would have to be some CGI, but mostly great special makeup artistry.
Ack! No Elijah as LINK! No fu*kin way, man! I think it was enough for him to be even FRODO! Dude, he's had his time man, I think someone else should have a chance at something this BIG.
I was thinking LINK could be someone like James Van der Beek(Dawson's Creek) or some new actor( hence like Mark Hamill for Star Wars series)

Originally Posted by blackashjester
A new story might be a bit much, keep it simple,. good vs. evil. But they should make it LONG, an hour and a half just wont do it. ALL i really wanna see, is Link on the virge of death, with almost no way of winnning, and then having some miracle save him at the end whenhe fights Gannondorf. I AM REALLY lookin forward to some awesome choreography too, they have to get the dude, who did choreography for Devil May Cry - the first game, that would be just.. awesome.
No, no no. New story would be pointless because the audience(mostly huge Zelda fans or maybe LOTR fans :-/) will probably want to see something that they actually experienced and played, transformed into real life and that would make them all the more interested.
About the choreography: that's not a bad choice, but it really needs to stay away from pure chinese martial arts...it needs a new style of fighting which would also make it the more awesome.

Other things mentioned in this thread:

Ganondorf: Johnny Depp or Arnold Voosloo??!!??!! Are you insane? These guys would have no real resemblance to Ganondorf, and anyway, Arnold Voosloo already had his big CUT in The Mummy series as Imhotep. I think thats enough.
I was thinking more on the lines of Ralph Fiennes(Red Dragon) or Sean Bean(Goldeneye, Patriot Games). Both play astonashing villains in their past movie history.
Zelda: I agree with all of you in this choice for Kiera Knightley(Pirates of the Carribean). I really don't think casting for Zelda is about the BEAUTY(even though Kiera is a nice cute bonus), it's really about the character of Zelda. She needs to have a nice semblance around her, which makes her royal and innocent, yet rough on the edges.

And for like the other characters:
Nabooru: Either Angelina Jolie(I really think she would be perfect for it) or maybe Michelle Rodriguez(well-known for tough girl roles; is Nabooru really one of those types? I could see either of them as her.)
Impa: Uma Thurman?
Saria: I always though Rebecca Liljeberg would be good for it, but that was like since years ago. She's pretty old now. I mean for the age of Saria. So thats out. Either new talent or someone else young for it.
And for supporting cast: Danny Devito as Talon, John Leguizimo for Ingo?
Well, I've been working on this for a while, and thats what i came up with. I have alot more but I dont have time to write the rest.

Let me know what you think.

Someone Save Us College Kids
Yeah keep it the same. It be way to confuseing for the fans. But the people who are new to it might not care.

definitely, you have cant have martial arts in a movie like this lol, i dont wanna see link runnin fromk tree to tree lol, but i mean, i wanna see him take out like, 40 guys in one huge like, 10 minutes scene, that would rock, maybe, have him take out so many guys, tryin to get the Master Sword, and then take out some like, HUGE guy lol, that would BE SOO COOOL... now i cant wait for this

Yeah. That would be awesome jester. I can see it; Link approaching the temple of time, and it is pouring rain like a bi*ch outside, and he is all ****ty looking(wet and muddy) but still takes out like 20 monsters all in 3 minutes, and then he'll be like worn out, but it would be rewarding for him to finally be at the temple of time to finally put the stones where they rightfully belong; hence the Master sword waiting at the other side, with a magnificent spotlight casted onto it.

QUESTION

Would any of you think making this movie into 2 parts would be better? I mean, one for like the young kid's journey to meet characters and get the three stones, and then the second for Adult Link and the battle for the triforce against Ganondorf??

The only thing that would be crucial would be that the first would have to be outstanding, and then the second one would have to be almost flawless to be in the same league, ya know what i mean?
Maybe one part is better though.

Registered Loser.
what are you all thinking??? there must NEVER be a zelda movie made. can you imagine how lame it would be to see link talk? link never talks, if he spoke it would ruin the whole character, he's so mysterious and awesome, i would just cringe to see some famous hollywood guy in the green tunic, i just dont see how it could be done in a way that would do justice to the games. the two mediums are just too different.

Originally Posted by capn king
what are you all thinking??? there must NEVER be a zelda movie made. can you imagine how lame it would be to see link talk? link never talks, if he spoke it would ruin the whole character, he's so mysterious and awesome, i would just cringe to see some famous hollywood guy in the green tunic, i just dont see how it could be done in a way that would do justice to the games. the two mediums are just too different.
well, he talked in the cartoon

The man with the sword
As for the plot...

It takes place from Zelda 2... 16 year old Link must have the power of Triforce to awaken Zelda. Ganon's minions are going to use Link's blood for Ganon's return.

As for Link for the cast, it's gonna be me. Since I have brown hair. So, I just need fake elf ears, green nightcap, brown pants, green tunic, brown shirt (must be under green tunic), draw Triforce in red lines on my left hand, belt, boots, a shield, and a sword and I am Link!

Hi. I was found a very cool Zelda Movie. Itīs very nice and a have never see this Movie before.

http://www.zelda-movie.de.ms

or

http://www.rombase.de

Regards

Zelda

Appy-polly-loggies
DO you ever think that Zelda would become an actuall movie, I mean if It was I feel like it would be good, but at the same time i feel just like the HALO movie might be, it might become a big Flop! I dont kow depends on who makes it!

I don't think that is of the wisest of decisions. I mean look what Hollywood did to Final Fantasy. Besides video games are to point where you more emerished into the story more so then movies. Granted a Zelda in movie form would be a lot less work for the viewer, but really how enriched can a two hour story line be opposed to days worth of meterial in the games. I think a Zelda movie might be visually interesting but it would lack the substance that has made Zelda so famous.

No i think that if they made a zelda movie they should hold auditions for fans not just well known actors give fans a chance to play their davourite game characters in what could be the best movie of all time(If only nintendo would see that)

Why would anyone cast orlando bloom or Elija Wood as Link. They cant act, at all. I would prefer Natalie Portman over Kiera Knightly because she has done better roles. I like Depp for Ganon though, if Ganon is even in the movie.

Also, if they were to make a movie, they would have to be so carefull do to the following of the series. I think that the probability of them F***ing it up is too great. Most movies based on games have weak plots and weaker acting. I hope they don't make one because I would hate to see LOZ turned into a joke. It would be cool to hear the music they put in, I always liked LOZ's music.

How long have you thought of a Zelda Movie??

You have some of the similar ideas as I do.

Whats the catch??

Anyhow.......I thought of Orlando Bloom playing adult Link.
I thought of Jason Issacs to play Ganondorf, mighty evil
character and even looks like Ganondorf!!

Really.....Johnny Depp?? Haha! No Way.

okay.
first, why do half of you think it should be based on ocarina of time? it was a great game, but turning it into a movie would probably make a lot of gamers want to hurt themselves. cant you imagine a theater full of people shouting "USE THE HOOKSHOT"?
now. i think that cgi would be too much like the game play, and i think it would look nice as live action.
but what is this one post up here with something about "link has powers like he's from dbz"?!?! no. none of that.
and no, definitely not orlando bloom or jonny depp or leonardo dicaprio or any other stupid teeny-bopping actor.
someone indies, someone small-time. but if we must go "more popular today", i say... heath ledger.
i would say tom cruise, but he's much too old to be playing someone so young. besides, he's already filled a fantasy role (LEGEND, anyone? more or less a LoZ movie?)
i dont like the thought of drew barrymore being zelda- i like DB, i think she's talented, but she's too soft-faced to be the zelda i picture.
keira knightley could work, i guess.
maybe scarlett johansson?
or maybe (dare i say it) nicole kidman? she has the blue eyes and blond hair for that zelda.
and if they are going to make the sages real, they should use costuming and make up.
cgi just looks out of place among real people, even with our advanced technology today. if you've seen "the fifth element", you know they could make a ruto figure.
i actually agree about angelina jolie as nabooru, because she has the sort of face nabooru was given in the games.
or salma hayek.
but i think that it should be a movie that could be one of the games; i.e., it incorporates the fact that link, zelda, and ganon (NOT VIN DIESEL. NOT NOT NOT VIN FRIGGEN DIESEL) are linked by the triforce, and that yes, link and ganon have to battle. but it needs to be well-planned and there needs to be something in there that will really be different. but im not sure of what.
and yeah. just one. because sequels have a tendency to suck HUGE.
rauru is ian mckellan. or the voice of the deku tree.
and yes, i think link should talk a little.

Originally Posted by Stallion06
I think Arnold Vosloo from The Mummy would make a great Ganondorf. He has a great attitude for the role and played Imhotep like a demon. I mean, just look at him too! His facial features frighteningly resemble Ganon.....just take a look at the nose and eyes....
I agree!

Zordock

Good day fellows.

http://www.zhq2.com/movie.htm

Official plans for a trilogy of Zelda movies located here.

So far, it seems as though no one has been cast for any roles, but open auditions are currently being held in California, so that will change by the end of the year most likely. I myself may be audititioning for the role of Link through video audition, as it would be too costly for me to go to CA for the sole purpose of an audition at the moment.

As for the list of people I would see in certain roles:

Link - Myslef ( ) or most likely a more unknown actor than some of the others named. (God no to Orlando Bloom, totally un characteristic for the role of a 17 year old) and Elijah Wood, although a good actor in his own right, does not seem to have the muster to pull out the unlikely young savior, as was evident when he played Frodo.

Zelda - Not Keira Knightly, mostly because she is too gung-ho, but thats just me, I was thinking more of a Natalie Portman type, yet younger, Keira would make a nice Malon though, or Impa is she played it right.

Ganondorf - Arnold Vosloo is absoutely perfect. No other thought on him required.

Impa - As I said, Knightley may do well, else someone older, like Judi Dench.

Red Lion King (Zelda's Father) - Sean Connery, that says it all.

Some big important Goron guy - CGI voiced by Harrison Ford.

Naburoo - Michelle Rodriguez seems fitted, but perhaps someone with more versatility towards their roles rather than mostly hot and not some much amazing talent.

Sheik - Zelda's actress with some good costuming and voice masking.

That one Zora girl - This one could be a definate Portman I think.

Ganon - CGI with some voice and grunting by Vosloo.

Then just a bunch of others thrown in, such as bosses and all that, plus the Mask Salesman (which is where Depp should come in I believe, he could make such a whinmsical character, but i think that Depp would also make such a wonderous Skullkid)

Anyway, that's my humble opinion.

Edit 2/14/05 -: Blast! I forogt, I think Link shill refrain from talking.

and The Sages need to be done though i have no idea except for Ian McKellen as Rauru.