My 30 Favorite 2000's Movies

Tools    

Introduction

The 2000’s was a good decade for movies and had a lot of films that I enjoyed over the years, 2000 to 2009.

I'll be doing two entries each day

Reviews: Some entries will have small or more writing with quotes. I'm not that much into writing big essay reviews and may have a few words repeated.

Let's get this list started shall we

Welcome to the Dance: My Favorite 20 High School Movies
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...02#post2413502

Panic Room (2002)
Director: David Fincher
Writer: David Koepp
Cast: Jodie Foster, Kristen Stewart, Forest Whitaker
Genre: Crime, Drama and Thriller
Runtime: 1 Hour and 52 Minutes
Rated R

A nice tense thriller movie about a mother and daughter buying this new luxurious 4 story brownstone that has this panic room just in case intruders break in. Little did they know, three burglars break into house overnight, hoping to find some money. Kristen and Jodie did a good job at their lead roles.

“I wish I could put my kid in a place like this. Not that I didn't try. Just sometimes things they don't work out the way you want them to. Wasn't supposed to be like this. You weren't supposed to be here.” – Burnham played by Forest Whittaker

Charlie’s Angels (2000)
Director: McG
Writers: Ryan Rowe, Ed Solomon, John August
Cast: Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore, Lucy Liu
Genre: Action, Adventure and Comedy
Runtime: 1 Hour and 38 Minutes
Rated PG-13

A fun film about three undercover females fighting off the bad guys which were good guys at first but betrays the angels as the film goes on. Cameron, Barrymore and Lui did good with their roles and kicked some ass in this crime fighting movie.

“Good morning, Angels.” Charlie played by John Forsythe

– A good song to end the movie, imo.

Stuck on You (2003)
Directors: Bobby Farrelly, Peter Farrelly
Writers: Charles B. Wessler(story), Bennett Yellin(story), Peter Farrelly(story)
Cast: Matt Damon, Greg Kinnear, Eva Mendes
Genre: Comedy
Runtime: 1 Hour and 58 Minutes
Rated PG-13

A heartwarming film about two twins stuck together and living a hard life. One wants a Hollywood life and the other wants just a quiet life and if they ever wanted to split up to have separate lives they must do the ultimate sacrifice in hopes that they make it out of surgery alright since it's a 50/50 chance.

“We share a liver.” – Bob Tenor played by Matt Damon

Resident Evil (2002)
Director: Paul W.S. Anderson
Writer: Paul W.S. Anderson
Cast: Milla Jovovich, Michelle Rodriguez, Ryan McCluskey
Genre: Action, Sci-Fi and Horror
Runtime: 1 Hour and 40 Minutes
Rated R

As a fan of the video games, I enjoyed this fun horror sci fi film with zombies and other living dead creatures in it. Mila Jovovich that plays as Alice which was a cool character but wished the film used the characters from the video games first before making a new character, so in overall the movie was still a good one.

“You’re all going to die down here.” – Red Queen played by Michaela Dicker

Saw this movie the other day, not a bad one, the ending could of been better though imo.

War of the Worlds (2005)
Director: Steven Spielberg
Writers: Josh Friedman(screenplay), David Koepp(screenplay), H.G. Wells(novel)
Cast: Tom Cruise, Dakota Fanning, Tim Robbins
Genre: Adventure, Sci-Fi and Thriller
Runtime: 1 Hour and 56 Minutes
Rated PG-13

An entertaining action-packed alien invasion film about a divorced father (Tom Cruise) and his two kids trying to survive this alien attack that’s killing everyone in their path. Not much of a Cruise fan myself, but he did good in this movie alongside with Dakota fanning, she did well also.

“Lightning never strikes in the same place twice.” – Ray Ferrier played by Tom Cruise

Anger Management (2003)
Director: Peter Segal
Writer: David Dorfman
Cast: Jack Nicholson, Adam Sandler, Marisa Tomei
Genre: Comedy
Runtime: 1 Hour and 46 Minutes
Rated PG-13

A funny film about a guy named Dave (Adam Sandler) who is wrongly sentenced to an anger management program and meeting his aggressive instructor, (Jack Nicholson), things start to become wild and silly. Sandler and Nicholson did a great job on making this film an enjoyable one to watch.

“Temper's the one thing you can't get rid of, by losing it.” - Dr. Buddy Rydell played by Jack Nicholson

Nice list so far. Looking forward to the rest

Simpsons The Movie (2007)
Director: David Silverman
Writers: James L. Brooks(screenplay), Matt Groening(screenplay), Al Jean(screenplay)
Cast: Dan Castellaneta(voice), Julie Kavner(voice), Nancy Cartwright(voice)
Genre: Animation, Adventure and Comedy
Runtime: 1 Hour and 27 Minutes
Rated PG-13

As a fan of the tv show, I liked this movie and thought it was a fun one to watch from the people that made this film. My favorite character of the Simpsons would have to be Bart Simpson, I find him humorous and like how he gives Homer a hard time.

“He's not Spider-Pig anymore, he's Harry Plopper.” – Homer Simpson played by Dan Castellaneta

Yes Man (2008)
Director: Peyton Reed
Writers: Nicholas Stoller(screenplay), Jarrad Paul(screenplay), Andrew Mogel(screenplay)
Cast: Jim Carrey, Zooey Deschanel, Bradley Cooper
Genre: Comedy and Romance
Runtime: 1 Hour and 44 Minutes
Rated PG-13

As always Carrey does great at his comedy movies just like this film and seems to find a way to make it laughable. Imagine having to say yes to something like having to drink a gallon of bleach, I'd be like hell no to that.

“The world's a playground. You know that when you are a kid, but somewhere along the way everyone forgets it.” – Allison played by Zooey Deschanel

Simpsons The Movie (2007)
Director: David Silverman
Writers: James L. Brooks(screenplay), Matt Groening(screenplay), Al Jean(screenplay)
Cast: Dan Castellaneta(voice), Julie Kavner(voice), Nancy Cartwright(voice)
Genre: Animation, Adventure and Comedy
Runtime: 1 Hour and 27 Minutes
Rated PG-13

As a fan of the tv show, I liked this movie and thought it was a fun one to watch from the people that made this film. My favorite character of the Simpsons would have to be Bart Simpson, I find him humorous and like how he gives Homer a hard time.

“He's not Spider-Pig anymore, he's Harry Plopper.” – Homer Simpson played by Dan Castellaneta
I rewatched that one like a dozen times when I first saw it back in 2007 or 2008. Overall, it isn't as great as the show was when it was at its peak, but I still think it holds up pretty well.

I rewatched that one like a dozen times when I first saw it back in 2007 or 2008. Overall, it isn't as great as the show was when it was at its peak, but I still think it holds up pretty well.
Yea I agree not as great as the show, but still a fun movie to watch. what is your favorite character from the simpsons?

Yea I agree not as great as the show, but still a fun movie to watch. what is your favorite character from the simpsons?
I'd also say Bart.

As for some side characters: Sideshow Bob, Moe, and Principal Skinner.

I'd also say Bart.

As for some side characters: Sideshow Bob, Moe, and Principal Skinner.
For the side characters I would pick Moe, Skinner and Chief Wiggum.

I forgot the opening line.

War of the Worlds (2005)
Director: Steven Spielberg
Writers: Josh Friedman(screenplay), David Koepp(screenplay), H.G. Wells(novel)
Cast: Tom Cruise, Dakota Fanning, Tim Robbins
Genre: Adventure, Sci-Fi and Thriller
Runtime: 1 Hour and 56 Minutes
Rated PG-13

An entertaining action-packed alien invasion film about a divorced father (Tom Cruise) and his two kids trying to survive this alien attack that’s killing everyone one in their path. Not much of a Cruise fan myself, but he did good in this movie alongside with Dakota fanning, she did well also.

“Lightning never strikes in the same place twice.” – Ray Ferrier played by Tom Cruise
I'm not much of a Cruise fan either. He seems like a jerk. But he keeps getting the lead in great movies (films like Edge of Tomorrow and Valkyrie) and I'm not going to miss out on them because he's in them - so I put all of that out of my mind. I really liked this version of War of the Worlds too.

Victim of The Night
With his off-screen persona and his scientology, I think it's easy to forget that Cruise can actually act.
Until you re-watch Magnolia.

Until you re-watch Magnolia.
Idk, I remember liking him in that film as well, but I'll see how his performance holds up, I suppose. Regardless, we all know that Robards' regrets monologue is the best acted scene in that film by a long shot.