Sci-Fi HoF...Hall of Fame

Tools    

I think that if we keep this going we might actually catch up to the number of posts in the slasher hof
Oh God no, please don't restart anything here!

Though please continue in relation to the serious debate that you were having, that I don't mind. ... On a side note, The Thing looks to be the most discussed film out of all the nominations. It has already been brought up like 3 times, pretty much every time a new person have watched it. That's crazy, but great with some discussion of course!

Well I feel that when someone makes a statement that is unpopular with the rest of a group, i.e. I wasn't impressed with The Thing... a discussion gets started. If someone just says oh I liked this and that... the others will just be like yeah me too or just give +rep.

Well I feel that when someone makes a statement that is unpopular with the rest of a group, i.e. I wasn't impressed with The Thing... a discussion gets started. If someone just says oh I liked this and that... the others will just be like yeah me too or just give +rep.
I love a good discussion! Obviously I joked back there, but I'm always up for discussing opinions and what not. It isn't always easy having an unpopular opinion, just look at GB a few pages back, going up against three others who wasn't sharing her opinion... It isn't easy, but if everybody can keep a fair tone it leads to a great debate.

If I hadn't been joking I could've easily discussed your opinions on The Thing with you, and so on, I just feel like I have discussed that movie so much by now I'm running tired on the it all. But don't be afraid to ask questions... Hiding in the dark or covering under a false or fragmented opinion shouldn't be needed, but again, it isn't always easy defending your own opinion... I respect everybody who post their honest opinion on something, even if they don't discuss it further than that.

Sometimes I let my frustrations or own opinion take over in a discussion, and I feel guilty for it afterwards, but that can happen to anybody and that is also expected to happen in any discussion; nobody's perfect after all...

But please keep sharing opinions! Or else this thread would be boring as hell!

Yeah obviously it gets boring to discuss the same thing over and over again... it would be nice if we could all watch the movies at the same pace and in the same order so we could discuss them one at a time, but that's not really feasible.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Look guys! The prime example of two women hopelessly discussing movies!^^

Imagine watching a zombie film with them, oh God...

Two drunk friends walk through a graveyard at 01 am, suddenly one of them has to go take a piss, and he do so onto a gravestone.

woman 1 - "Now hold up one minute, what are they doing at 01 am walking through a graveyard? Oh, and why does that guy take a piss directly on the gravestone when there are dusins of trees around him, geesh, doesn't he now there are zombies around, duh!"

Suddenly a hand flies up from the grave and rips the head of the pissing victim.

woman 2 - "Seriously, he ripped his entire head off?? Come on, and there wouldn't be all that blood either. Look at how he walks a few steps afterwards, totally unrealistic! And look at that other guy running around, why doesn't he call the god damn embassy and get all those zombies destroyed for good. Look! He fell. OMG seriously now, this is so stupid. I can't take this film seriously..."

every guy ever - "WOMAN! This is a zombie movie, how realistically do you think it is?! Just enjoy the fun god dammit or go back in the kitchen!"

But really though, the zombie movie mayhem was just a stupid and exaggerated made-up example, mostly intended to create some laughs or whatever, while also shining some light on the stereotypical assumption that women question everything that doesn't need questioning during a film.

So here's a question that doesn't need questioning: Maybe I just don't watch enough zombie movies, but why would the hand rip off the guy's head when there's a different (and much more vulnerable) body part much closer to the ground?

So here's a question that doesn't need questioning: Maybe I just don't watch enough zombie movies, but why would the hand rip off the guy's head when there's a different (and much more vulnerable) body part much closer to the ground?
Maybe the head he was referring to isn't as far from the ground as you think He wasn't very specific, so it's a bit ambiguous...

Depends on the shock factor or visual presentation I guess. That "other body part" would be cringeworthy to watch, but a spray of blood going straight up in the air with the person running around like a headless chicken is always fun!

I did think about it for a second though, but ended up thinking it was too wierd.

Why do you always roll your eyes? Is there a fly constantly circling your head or something?

Think of a zombie movie like a hotdog. It doesn't matter how much crap goes into a hotdog, people will still eat them.

How small of you. You don't see me insulting every film noir ever made.

Swan, you didn't follow the line of the joke. Let me explain, the funny thing is zombies might rip off a hand or a head cause there zombies and don't think, that's what someone more or less wrote. So to seqway off that notion, a zombie movie is like hotdog, hotdogs are full of crappy mystery mean, yet people don't want to know what's in a hotdog they just want to eat it. See the funny part is people will still eat them. Eat them...zombies...get it?

Anyway, my bad. I think it's small of anyone to belittle any genre, but in this case, I guess you were joking and I mistook you. Sorry about that.

I was making fun of zombie movies BUT only the fictitious ones that we were joking about, "the ones where zombies can't decide to rip off a hand or a head." I was just going with the flow of the thread, no worries.