Best Battle Scene Best Fight Scene

Tools    

Both great scenes... I didn’t think id like Hot Fuzz, but enjoyed it a lot.. Also I've never seen the Mr Vengeance film out of that trilogy theme... Is it hard to get hold of?

Also.. im surprised no one has brought up Bruce Lee movies.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I love all the battle scenes in 300 (sorry no pics im posting from my Wii lol)

The Fungus Among Us
Also.. im surprised no one has brought up Bruce Lee movies.
Here is a link to one of my favorite Bruce Lee fight scenes:

From the Chinese Connection the scene in which he nun-chucks the entire Japanese school.

Favorite fight(s) is in The Blade but I'm not going to link because see the movie. Fight at the end is the best.

Best Bruce Lee fight is between Sammo Hung and Bruce Lee impersonator (actually both are impersonating Lee) in Enter the Fat Dragon. Best scene in an otherwise disappointingly avg. 70s Kung fu movie:

Also love the fight between Sammo Hung and Lau Kar Leung in Pedicab Driver:

Best battle is in Ran.

Tangential to best fight scenes are some of my favorite martial arts humor scenes. Bombastic caligraphy in The Prodigal Son (1) and Magnificent Butcher (2), and fighting by proxy in Encounters of the Spooky Kind (3). I'll try to think of more, maybe post again later, my brain seems to have gotten stuck on a Sammo Hung setting for these last couple posts:

1:

2:

3:

Best fight scenes for me would have to be from the 'Game of Death' lost footage that was discovered a few years back. The scene in which Bruce explains the art of broken rhythm using a piece of bamboo is a particular favourite of mine. These scenes also show what wonderful comic timing he had, magnificent.

Long lost Game of Death footage parts 1-4, enjoy!

300 is awesome as a war movie
Transformers is great if we're talking about pure action and huge CGI battles

as for Martial Arts movies
Ong Bak
Tom Yum Goong
Drunken Master 1 and 2
Danny the Dog aka Unleashed (not the most skillful Jet Li scenes, but its the jet movie with the most realistic and violent fight scenes Ive ever seen)

Best battle scene was in "Saving Private Ryan" and followed by the Helm's Deep and Minas Tirith scenes from "Lord of the Rings".

Best fight scene was in Old Boy when he single handedly handed 10 or so guys their behinds. It wasn't a martial arts movie but that was a vicious and believable fight.

is thouroughly embarrassed of this old username.
Best Battle Scene: I guess I'd have to say Saving Private Ryan's opening scene

Best Fight Scene: Hands down this goes to Oldboy, for the big fight in the hallway...it's one long shot. Amazingly choreographed.

The Fungus Among Us
Came across this little gem on YouTube. Just watch and be amazed.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Now I must say Get Him to the Greek's fight scene with Sergio and Aldeous' dad was completly insane and I loved every moment of it.

Although this is a different sort of battle, but the one I can remember from The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring is when the Orcs are going after both Pippin & Merry and Boromir steps in to fight against the Orca alone. He tries and tries and gets hit with many of arrows before going down in defeat. The best part is then when Aragon comes and speaks to Boromir and tells him how brave he was and puts his sword with him where he lies dead. Very touching scene.

Lord of all Fevers and Plague
Ong Bak has great fight scenes:

&feature=fvst

Best Battle Scene- As many members have mentioned...Saving Private Ryan. It went downhill after that for me.

What about a one sided battle scene? That would have to go to the Gauntlet. I've watched that scene with the make shift armored bus and 1000 rifleman on the rooftops, must be a dozen times....great stuff! You go Clint!

Best Fight scene -

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Best Gun battle scene would probably be in The Wild Bunch at the end or in The Way of the Gun in the bordello.

For fisticuffs I have a soft spot for Shane, but I would have to say Liam Neeson in Crossing the Line.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
Maybe not some of the best ever but some battle scenes I really like are:
The final battle in the Avengers
The battle of Carthage and Maximus vs Tigris in Gladiator
Aang vs Ozai and Azula vs Zuko in The Last Airbender show
John McClane vs Karl in Die Hard

Heres a few I liked.

The first Rocky movie
Pearl Harbor
Captain Marvel serial - the one scene where a butler kicks major butt when the bad guy breaks into a house
The long swordfight scene in Scaramouche

Finished here. It's been fun.
One of the best fight scenes I've ever seen is the fight in Oldboy. It's an extremely impressive and engrossing scene and it was all done in one smooth shot.Check it out: