Kill Bill

Tools    

I despise Kirstie Alley. I hope she slides further and further into obscurity. She was passable enough as Rebecca Howe for a while, but that was only because the writing was so strong most of the time. "Veronica's Closet" was trite and dull. Thanks the her Scientology connections, I suppose she'll always have some kind of work in town, but not much I hope.

And those Peir 1 TV ads she's in are uber-annoying.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I miss those Pier 1 commercials! Are they still shown anywhere? She became one of my pop culture favorites of last year with those wacky, "become one with the peach" spots. They even made me stop by my local Pier 1 one day.

A novel adaptation.
Three months to Kill Bill, and I justed wanted to revive this thing.

Do you know my poetry?
Originally Posted by Herod
Two months to Kill Bill, and I justed wanted to revive this thing.
Actually is 3 months 3 days, October 10th
I dont think this movie will be all that great but I am gonna watch it anyways just for Tarantino.

I must become Caligari..!

Full Size
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

Hi
Originally Posted by Ezikiel
Actually is 3 months 3 days, October 10th
3....loooooooooooooong.......months.

Hi
Originally Posted by Kong
I think/hope there will be another one because thats the small teaser poster posted all over Japan. I was looking forward to an old fashioned kung fu movie poster with Uma Thurman because i assume that is what he is going for.

It seems he is more interested in promoting it there than here

im a noob ... again : (
I’m one of the biggest QT fans you’re ever going to talk to … but does anyone think that this movie might be heading for the crapper? … I have not read the script but it seems to me like he has substituted his great dialogue for one liners and ninjas.

Hi
Originally Posted by PuppyMan
I'm one of the biggest QT fans you?re ever going to talk to ? but does anyone think that this movie might be heading for the crapper? ? I have not read the script but it seems to me like he has substituted his great dialogue for one liners and ninjas.
Depends what you're looking for. I read the script (Early Draft let me remind you) and didn't notice too many of his acclaimed dialogues but perhaps he will add it in or you're right and is concentrating on having the dialogue take a backseat and just guide the story. I think if there is change in that, in some ways it is for the better, so we can appreciate the other qualities he explores rather than keep up on only this dialogue thing.

Me, I haven't seen a good classic martial arts film for a while, the thing that does it for me about this movie is the fact that knowing Tarantino is martial arts afficionado. Thus he'll of course take elements from great old films of the 70's and use them effectively to create a "less cheesey" (for lack of a better term) hollywood movie but in homage to the Asian masterpieces. Hell maybe it will add to martial art movie prominence in the US, Quentin does have a way of doing that.

What im trying to say is, It will look pretty but won't sellout.

Word first reached stated back in February about this, then earlier this week it resurfaced, and now it's been confirmed - director Quentin Tarantino's Kill Bill will be split into two films, with the first part to be released on October 10. The New York Times reports on the confirmation from Miramax co-founder Harvey Weinstein.

Miramax Films will take the unusual and potentially risky move of releasing "Kill Bill," the much-anticipated Quentin Tarantino martial arts action-adventure film, as two movies, the first to open in the fall. Miramax will in effect be taking a three-hour film with a 200-page script and turning it into a serial.

Harvey Weinstein, a co-founder of Miramax, which is financing the film, said in an interview on Monday that the first installment would be in theaters on Oct. 10. The second release date is in still being negotiated, but it could be two to six months later.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
I thought that idea was completely scrapped!!! Drat. Oh well.....any thoughts on this?

Hi
Originally Posted by Beale the Rippe
I thought that idea was completely scrapped!!! Drat. Oh well.....any thoughts on this?
I still don't completely believe them that will be 2 movies...not sure why..but..

Good:.. my most anticipated movie of the year turns into my two most anticipated movies of the year , nothing gets edited out, easy to swallow time lengths

Bad:.. 2 movies means a cliffhanger and short 1 and 1/2 hour movies, also this means more costly for me seeing as i have to pay for 2 tickets (not including if i see them again) and 2 dvds.

I just hope they add the Yuki's Revenge chapter which i think they cut to save time.

Still, its definately good news seeing as we get everything QT intended for the movie rather than being forced to watch what the producers might want.

If you've seen the Pulp Fiction deleted scene with Mia interviewing Vincent on the camera i hope you know what i mean.

Its not the worst thing ever....but I'd prefer one long film with an inteermission.

Any news on Toronto? Last I heard Kill Bill wasn't signed up.

And, here is a cool website. The official website for Japan. It kicks major behind. Clicking the mouse certain places triggers things. There are also several words that trigger things, like Kill Bill for example. It is almost like a game. Check it out. Cool stuff.

Also, after reflecting, I come to the comclusion that this ais a good this, because, like Tuna said, they get to use all of QT's stuff now.

Hi
Originally Posted by Beale the Rippe

And, here is a cool website. The official website for Japan. It kicks major behind. Clicking the mouse certain places triggers things. There are also several words that trigger things, like Kill Bill for example. It is almost like a game. Check it out. Cool stuff.
The Japanese website is so much cooler than www.kill-bill.com !

As i said before, I think he cares more about them then us

Or perhaps he knows we will all come anyway.

I didn't give you the link earlier, did I? I think it is: This