Island of the Dead

Tools    

The new Romero movie picks off after 2008's Day of the Dead. Even though Romero didn't make that movie, that's the rumor. The movie takes place on an island where a group of people are left surrounded by a deadly virus when the dead rise from below to feed on humans.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
EDIT: Great you editted it, now I look like a moron,

Registered Creature
IT'S A ROMERO MOVIE!!!

I have high hopes for this film.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
It would of been good with more info dude, but still ill be keeping a eye out for it!

Registered Creature
IMDB.

Oh, and Bloodydisgusting.

Registered Creature
The new Romero movie picks off after 2008's Day of the Dead. Even though Romero didn't make that movie, that's the rumor. The movie takes place on an island where a group of people are left surrounded by a deadly virus when the dead rise from below to feed on humans.
Wow, that's TERRIBLE. Day of the Dead 2008 was horrible.

Well, it's just a rumour, so I am still free to keep an open mind about this lol.

Not only has Romero's film been re-titled to Of the Dead, but there is also a poster, which can be viewed here.

And, the trailer has been released as well. View it here.

Oh dear, I hope this isn't true.

Romero is well past his prime and should retire in my opinion, at least from the zombie genre anyway. It's like he's stuck in a creative conundrum or something; I loved the initial trilogy, and Land of the Dead was just about watchable (Asia Argento) but Diary of the Dead was a heavy handed embarrassment.

Diary Of The Dead would've been good if he'd made it 10-15 years ago. It would've felt a lot fresher and fitted in with the tone of the first three. As it was, I sat there thinking "Yeah, I've seen this... And not just in one film either."

I have enjoyed all of Romero's film up to date, but after reading the synapses of this film, I am a little skeptical.

Every film Romero has made has had a core theme which reflected what was happening at the time it was released in theater. Politically, socially, or economically.

Example: Dawn of the Dead dealt with consumerism, and the latest film Diary was themed around the power and impact of the media in society.

Despite my skepticism, I have faith that Romero will pull through once again

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I was really disapointed with Diary of the dead, I didnt like it, it was a cross between Blair Witch and a zombie flick, IMO anything can be better than Diary of the dead and this looks like it is. Im looking forward to see this.

Dude seriously is everyone a ree ree, Dawn of the Dead is the movie you're thinking of not Day of the Dead cause the remake of Day of the Dead was horrible

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Actually, Day of the Dead was released in 2008. See?

Ree ree.