Darren Aronofsky's The Wrestler

Tools    

It's kind of like The Phantom Menace or the new Indiana Jones, you wait, you wait, you wait longer, finally it's released, woohoo! Then you watch it...that was it? That's what I have been waiting for in anticipation?

Nah, I'm just playing around. A movie is good because it is good. But if you really like a directors work, you want more.

By the way the question you asked to which I replied "Yes it does." was not if it makes it a good or bad movie, but if it mattered. To me it does, but hey, I'm still content with whatever the film makers I revere give us.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

What matters is the director's preference (sometimes talent) and who is involved. Some are fast and meticulous, some are much slower and meticulous. How long they take is something completely different...

However, I see what you mean.