Top 10s by Tyler Durden Part I: Horror Films

Tools    

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
2. Psycho

Hitchcock's masterpiece. A truly scary film that can still give you chills during it's most notorious scenes.

1. Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Realistic and terrifying, this story of family values and chainsaws is ultimately the greatest horror movie of all time. NOTE: Gunnar Hansen, the guy who played Leatherface, said that the remake sucked because Leatherface was given a backstory. I agree.

Please stay tuned for Part II of Top 10s by Tyler Durden: Sequels.

>comparing NDT to TCM

wut

Scare tactics? There is much more to TCM than scare tactics. It shows a family that could never be normal, with a sadistic, mask wearing maternal figure and a father who couldn't get into what his kids were about (in this case, murder and cannibalism). There's also a grandfather who is idolised as being the greatest killer of them all, but can't even knock a girl out with a sledgehammer nowdays. Lastly, there's a rebellious son who likes breaking the rules. They come together to make the Sawyers, the most dysfunctional family in film history. Sadistic & brutal.

They would be dysfunctional if they were divorced and the kids moved back and forth 'cause of dual custody.

They would be dysfunctional if they were divorced and the kids moved back and forth 'cause of dual custody.
PN, are you trying to imply that the Sawyers are normal?

>comparing NDT to TCM

wut
wasn't a comparison, just saying that TCM is not about family values

They come together to make the Sawyers, the most dysfunctional family in film history. Sadistic & brutal.
You are too comfortable declaring ultimatums. Anyway, the family's presence was imagined in order to provide a conspiracy formula to make it seem like this is a planned system. They have no motive, they're easy to avoid, and they're not the most dysfunctional family in film history, the remake's version of the family was much more close-knit but still didn't touch on family values because they were all too dumb to perceive the concept of guerrilla warfare which would be way more effective than letting their prey know exactly how far away the one person chasing them is. Bitches don't learn

Scare tactics? There is much more to TCM than scare tactics.
Yeah, there's that screaming bitch who won't STFU throughout the whole bloody film. I can't watch that film because she drives me mad. I'm praying he kills her the whole way through.

Chicks dig Lord of the Rings, Randal
Very nice choices, really can't complain about the list. I might have moved some stuff around, but that's just me