Raul's Film Thoughts

→ in
Tools    

I think Lolita is mine still with Eyes Wide Shut second. Weird, I don't think I will ever be a Kubrick fan boy, but I like everything but 2001 well enough.

I honestly need to revisit them, it's been forever since I've seen any. Most of them have been my favorite Kubrick at one time or another.

I honestly need to revisit them, it's been forever since I've seen any. Most of them have been my favorite Kubrick at one time or another.
Sounds like me with PTA.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
My Kubrick rankings for people to scoff at:

1. Lolita
2. Full Metal Jacket
3. 2001: A Space Odyssey
4. Paths of Glory
5. Dr. Strangelove
6. Eyes Wide Shut
7. The Killing
8. Killers Kiss

Only like the first three. The others I can certainly do without.

Shining, Lyndon, and Clockwork still haven't seen. 3 big hitters.
If you watch Clockwork hold tight. Exact opposite of Full Metal for me. I can do without the first half but the second half is amazing.

Wasn't crazy about Eyes Wide Shut either, i'd like to see it again though since it's been about 6 years or something. Not sure how i'd rank Kubrick, Clockwork would be #1 anyway for now. Still have to see Paths of Glory and Barry Lyndon.

State of Play

A personal favorite of mine that never grows old and I have seen countless times. It's a shame you don't hear many people liking this film because it is intriguing storytelling. It is great to see how the story all wraps itself together. The acting is great from the top to the bottom. Even people with minor roles like Jeff Daniels and Viola Davis were great. But obviously, it all starts with two excellent performances from Russell Crowe and Rachel McAdams. The two had great chemistry in the film. I also think the film is particularly intriguing because we get to see the world of journalism and how places will fight to get the first report. Which is definitely true. Also good was Kitten, Affleck, and Wright. To me it's the perfect case of perfect acting going along with a great screenplay and the dialogue is excellent. If you haven't seen it, you gotta.

+

Even our hidden gems match up often. I love State Of Play but definitely need to see it again. My theater viewing has been my one and only.

Damn, don't think i've even heard of that. Will give it a shot if i get the chance.
Think you would like it actually. Miss Vicky is also a fan.

I saw it in the theater and have seen it at least ten times since then

Think you would like it actually. Miss Vicky is also a fan.

I saw it in the theater and have seen it at least ten times since then
Me and Miss Vicky rarely agree on films haha. It looks good though so i'll look out for it. I've actually heard of the BBC Show it was adapted from.