A.I. - Artificial Intelligence

→ in
Tools    

AI
I do not recommend that you see this movie.

SPOILERS AHEAD!

Not great, not good, but ok. I think this movie could have been good if it ended when he jumped off the building in New York.

I knew nothing about AI before I went to see it. Good overall acting and some interesting scenes, but leads nowhere. When I watched the movie I actually wanted to leave before it ended, and i never usually leave a movie. If this movie wins anything it would be the "most disappointing movie of the year".
[Edited by TWTCommish on 07-11-2001]

Wow, I guess I'm the last one to see this movie huh?
I liked it, a lot. I'll be buying this one I'm sure.
I didn't cry tho. Not at all. It's a machine not a real boy.
If Haley Joel Osment doesn't win an Oscar in his lifetime I will throw up. He should have won one for Sixth Sense and he should at least be nominated for A.I. That little kid rocks!
SPOILER BELOW
I agree with your guy's ending but I think it should end when he jumps in the water. No Blue Fairy stuff, no ice, no aliens, just open your mouth and suck water. They could be robots, or aliens, but if they were robots how come they have human form. That's not the most efficient. They should look like six legged monkeys or something. Why did those things at the end want him to be happy? He doesn't know happy or sad, he's a machine. I think the end was just stuck on there to give it a happy ending 'cause they didn't want it to end with him dying. And what happened at the end anyway? It said he went somewhere he never went before or something. Did he die? Did he have a dream? Did he just go into an endless loop or what? Why didn't they just reclone her every single day? Or why didn't they just clone her without memories? She would wake up and they'd tell her, this is your real life boy David. And she would say ok, and live 70 years. He wouldn't care if she had memories, he'd still love her and be with her.
Or why didn't they make a robot Monica for him. How would he know she was a robot unless he looked under her hood. They could program her from his memories of her. What if they cloned two Monicas and they both called him at the same time? Ah, just chop the end off. I can't wait for the dvd to see the alternate ending.
[Edited by sunfrog on 08-03-2001]

ARGH. Spoilers notice, spoilers notice, spoilers notice! Should go without saying. Anyway, I don't think Osment should have gotten the Oscar for The Sixth Sense. I'm basing this heavily on the fact that people are always talking about how wonderful he is for his age. The simple fact of the matter is that "for his age" should not come into play in the Oscars. The best performance should win, regardless of the actor's age. Should we give younger actors (say, 30 or so) the Oscar nod over older ones with more experience (50 or 60)?

Good for his age? Oh yeah, absolutely...but when it comes to the "Best BLANK" awards, that shouldn't matter, IMO.

I'd like to say that I think Haley Joel Osment is one of the best actors around. But he didn't deserve the oscar in that year, Tom Cruise did. I think he deserves a nomination for his performance here.

I agree with Steve -- he is good FOR HIS AGE...but that's not what the Oscar ought to be based on. I think he will truly earn an Oscar sometime in his life (I think he was better in A.I. than he was in The Sixth Sense).

Actually, I think he's a great actor-for any age. And I agree that he'll get an oscar if he keeps acting. I also think that if you look at his performance here, his one in 6th Sense, and his one in the otherwise vomitous Pay it Forward, you get an idea of the full scope of his talent. The kid is incredible.

What do you guys think about this movie? I think it's awesome. I've seen it 4 times and I never get tired of it! LoL. Post your comments.

To know more about me, go to: http://www.expage.com/ShuuichiKurama17

That's ok. I don't mind at all.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Kurama
What do you guys think about this movie? I think it's awesome. I've seen it 4 times and I never get tired of it! LoL. Post your comments.
Lemmie guess...Haley Joel Osment?

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg