Best Teasers/Trailers Ever

Tools    

What are your favorite teasers, and trailers of all time? Naturally, I realize most of the lists here will be heavily populated with recent flicks, seeing as how a lot more is put into marketing now than ever before.

Some of my favorite teasers:Some of my favorite trailers:
  • The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (all of 'em)
  • Spider-Man (the first major trailer)
I know I've got tons more...but they're slipping my mind now. I'll add to this later.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Chris did you check with Spider-Man Hype? They have links to all the trailers and tv spots for Spider-Man.

Honorable mention for Spider-Man ALL OF THEM.
also, LOTR:FOTR.

Must say that I enjoy(ed) the Star Wars - Episode 2: Attack of the Clones trailer.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Creepiest trailer:

The Exorcist, the one with all the shots of Possessed Regan's demon face flashing in negative. Makes me shudder every time (it's on the DVD).

Funniest teaser:

Ice Age, with the little squirrel thing and the acorn (and wouldn't you know, the running gag with the squirrel turned out to be the best bits of the movie). BTW, not a bad movie all 'round, really, for those of you with childer--my five-year-old laughed all the way through, and I had a good time, too.

Mary Lo

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.
Requiem For A Dream's Trailer

Fight Club's Teaser

i really liked the Trailer for The Musketeer, the teaser for scooby doo
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

The teaser for The Spy Who Shagged Me was great--capitalizing off the Episode 1 hoopla.

I remember the trailer for Independence Day was pretty good. And T2.

• Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned To Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
  • Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia
  • The Long Goodbye
  • A Boy & His Dog - Sousa flashcuts
  • Monty Python & the Holy Grail - Chinese restaurant
  • This Is Spinal Tap - cheese rolling
  • The Blues Brothers
  • Ghostbusters
  • Requiem for a Dream - teaser
  • O Brother, Where Art Thou?

Not so strangely, it's the same list I made for THIS thread a few months ago.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Although I don't remember any of the visuals, the catch line that came at the very end of the trailor for Volcano ("The Coast Is Toast") struck me as absolutely hilarious.

The trailer for the original Psycho was cool--Hitchcock leading the viewer through the Bates Motel as a crime scene.

BTW, did anyone see the Daily Show episode where Steven Colbert did a segment on movie trailers and how much he loves them? His point was that every movie would be better as a two and a half minute trailer, as evidenced by the people who go to theaters just to see the trailers for movies like Episode II. Really funny (as is just about everything on the Daily Show), ending with him creating a trailer for the segment itself. You'd have to see it, I guess, but it was great.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Mary Loquacious
BTW, did anyone see the Daily Show episode where Steven Colbert did a segment on movie trailers and how much he loves them?
I'm addicted to that show. I did see that one, I've seen them all!

I totally agree--that show is one of the best on television right now! And not to dwell on TV in a movie forum (horrors!), but Stewart's monologue about Sept. 11th was the most honest and sincerely moving commentary on the situation.

Guy
Unbreakable as well as The Shining are great teasers.

The teaser for South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut. I remember the theater audience erupting when it finally showed Cartman singing, "I sing the German daunce for you..."

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
"...it's fun and gay and la la la"

I remember that teaser.

Gone in 60 Seconds had a good teaser/trailer. The whole "the time it takes you to.." thing.

Dear everybody,
I actually thought the teaser for Big Trouble was really funny. Funnier than the stupid book, certainly -- which was a regular one-trick pony, by the way. Haven't seen the picture, but the teaser made me want to. Only the book restrained me.
Love,
Jozie

Don't see the Big Trouble. It's a rental only. All the even remotely good parts are in the trailer, and it never comes together as a full film, despite that terrific cast.