Star Wars 30th Anniversary DVD Set Confirmation

Tools    

Originally Posted by theforce.net
We've just received a translation of the recent LEGO booklet posted here in this story.

"STAR WARS celebrates it 30th anniversary !

* The LEGO Star Wars line still sells well - even in years without a movie. In 2005, the LEGO Star Wars assortment was about 70 % of the total revenue of all Star Wars licences in central europe. In April 2006, LEGO Star Wars was about 7,8% of the total revenue of LEGO Central Europe

* Because of the 30th anniversary of the Star Wars Saga, there will be a balanced assortment of NEW LEGO Star Wars items and best seller with new designs, in 2007. All sets include unique parts and figures.

* The STAR WARS DVD set, that will be released at the 30th anniversary, will be responsible for an increased sale of the new sets. There will be a anniversary logo on all LEGO Star Wars sets.

* All LEGO Star Wars set will be very detailed - with many authentic features, heros and bad guys from the movies.

* Different price points for all conditions"

Notice the bit about the 30th Anniversary DVD set? Yeah me too

30th anniversery, talk about your blatent money plow. I am unimpressed!!

I enjoy the marketing of the STAR WARS films. I wish there was another one coming out soon just so I could have a Darth Vader slurpee and see all the toys everywhere again.

That's because it was made with Mountain Dew Pitch Black... the BEST drink ever, but now you can't find it anymore. Really pisses me off.

Look at it... don't you just want to hug it? Then drink it down and go hug a 24 pack of it? I know I do.

As much as I love Star Wars and have the trilogy on video, I won't buy the original trilogy on DVD until they finish re-releasing new editions of it. Is it me, or are they re-releasing new editions of the original trilogy with "new features, digitally remastered for the 20th time, hours of bonus material..." every 5 months?

Originally Posted by PrometheusFG
Is it me, or are they re-releasing new editions of the original trilogy with "new features, digitally remastered for the 20th time, hours of bonus material..." every 5 months?
No it seems that way to me as well. He's trying to suck the fans dry it seems putting out edition after edition. Like this latest for instance. How tough is it to put out the old version on one side of a dvd and the later ones on the b side plus a second disc for exra features as opposed to one dvd containing 2 discs with 2 seperate editions and almost zero special features. Lame.

Originally Posted by Escape
No it seems that way to me as well. He's trying to suck the fans dry it seems putting out edition after edition. Like this latest for instance. How tough is it to put out the old version on one side of a dvd and the later ones on the b side plus a second disc for exra features as opposed to one dvd containing 2 discs with 2 seperate editions and almost zero special features. Lame.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way than. I totally agree with you, Escape. When I feel the best edition of the DVDs is released, then I will buy them. For now, theres too many to judge, and I dont want to buy one of them and find out a month later, an even better re-release is in the works...

Originally Posted by jrs
I don't give a sh*t how many Star Wars DVDs are released. Even though I love the film. I own enough. I am NOT buying anymore Star Wars DVDs at all!!!!
What I am anxiously hoping for is for the Star Wars films to be released on HD-DVD/Blu-Ray. Now that is the ONLY way to go!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way than. I totally agree with you, Escape. When I feel the best edition of the DVDs is released, then I will buy them. For now, theres too many to judge, and I dont want to buy one of them and find out a month later, an even better re-release is in the works...
All I want is for them to keep one disc the old way, one the new way "MINUS" that girly scream by luke as he falls down to the shoot in "Empire" and likewise, the same freaky scream from bada$$ Boba Fett just before he croaked. He lost my respect there lmao. Oh and "MINUS" the Han shoots last ridiculous scene.

And of course one disc for each movie jam-packed with special features.

Escape, if they released an edition like that, all my hopes would be fulfilled. That would be awesome! Because like you mentioned in one way or another, I really didn't like some of the edited parts released in the new editions. But if they released an edition like the one you described, I'd buy it in a hearbeat. It'd be perfect...

Escape, if they released an edition like that, all my hopes would be fulfilled. That would be awesome! Because like you mentioned in one way or another, I really didn't like some of the edited parts released in the new editions. But if they released an edition like the one you described, I'd buy it in a hearbeat. It'd be perfect...
Which areas do you hate in the revised edition Prometheus? Do you agree with me on the Screaming Luke and Boba and that phony baloney shootout where Han dodges the laser then shoots Greedo or do those parts not bother you so much?

Actually, those parts are exactly what I did not like. So yea, haha, I agree with you. The screaming Boba and Luke are only fuel for those who hate Star Wars and make my ears bleed. And yes, Han shoots last is ridiculous. Hayden Christianson replacing Sebastian Shaw at the end of Jedi was very displeasing to me, simply because Hayden Christianson was a terrible Anakin and is a terrible actor. It just took away from the expirience.