president bush jr sucks

Tools    

Originally Posted by sunfrog
I know you are and so's your president. lol
Hopefully this is just wind blowing out your arse, otherwise I have got a rude awakening for you about what I have done.

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
I'm partly to blame for having a go at Yoda, but let's not turn against each other.
Thankfully Caitlyn is ok, and whatever our own personal polotics lets not be counter-productive. I'm sure the last thing Caitlyn and Equilibrium want to read on this forum is infighting and a slagging match, after all they have been through.
I'm thousands of miles away, and apart from making donations, there is not much else I can do. I have spoken to my friend Dennis from New Orleans, and thankfully him and his family are all ok. They face a long struggle ahead like everyone else involved, I'm just glad he's ok, and his spirits seem quite high despite what has happened. His kids and family are safe, he feels blessed for that, and after talking to him, I realise that my problems and opinions are trivial compared to what he has just been through.
Let's try to stick together and be as supportive as we can.

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
If Bruce Willis were president he would have driven the convoy in himself, jumped out of the first jeep and started handing out M.R.E.s, instead of just taking off his suit so he looks like he's down home folk and visiting for a few minutes.
Oh, the same Bruce Willis who refused to fly after 9/11?

BA Chief Calls Actors "Gutless Cowards"
9 November 2001 (StudioBriefing)
British Airways claimed today (Friday) that CEO Rod Eddington was quoted "out of context" in an article appearing in the London Daily Mirror in which he reportedly called Hollywood stars "gutless cowards" for refusing to board airplanes since Sept. 11th. "It's pathetic," he reportedly steamed. A spokesman for the airline said that Eddington's remarks were made during an informal conversation with the editor of the Mirror, Piers Morgan, aboard the first British Concorde flight since last year's crash in Paris. Eddington, the Mirror had said, had particularly singled out Bruce Willis, who had canceled an appearance at the London Film Festival following the attacks. "This is the guy who makes movies in which he's the hero saving the world. But in real life he's too scared to fly in a plane. ... People like him should be setting an example ... [as] role models," Eddington said. The BA chief contrasted the attitude of film stars to those of New Yorkers, who, he said, have made "a marked effort" to resume flying. "But frankly the Los Angeles set have retired to their mansions," he said.

Bruce Willis Video Message Booed At London Film Premiere
19 November 2001 (WENN)
Hollywood tough guy Bruce Willis' video message at the premiere of his new film Bandits at the London Film Festival was met with jeers by the audience. The Die Hard legend had planned to fly to Britain for the event but pulled out following the American terror attacks. The message said, "I love England - thank you for your support of America." Festival spokesman Graham Smith says, "It's always a bit bizarre when a personal message is played to the audience." The star was at the centre of a uproar last week when British Airways chief Rod Eddington appeared to criticize Hollywood stars for refusing to fly in the wake of the September 11 attacks.

May The Forks be With Us
Okay Sunfrog, I'm going to be not so nice with you. I will not call you yourself stupid, for everyone makes mistakes, even head of states. I will call your accusations of Bush not the smartest or well thought out at the least. Bush in my opinion is not a very good president but that's because no politicians are great people, they are mostly liars trying to get money or trying to get people to vote them into a higher rank. Bruce Willis, Along with everyother actor, is probably as fit for the job or political office as much as my dog. Their have been some good people incharge that were actors but even they made mistakes. It is also not realistic to blame just Bush for all the actions taken during and after Katrina. It is unrealisitic to have response very quickly to a big problem like this because you would have problems like congress(lets face it, you can't decide very quickly on a subject when the decisions are made by poloticians), there would be a safty issue(I highly doubt you could really keep him safe in New Orleans if he just walked in with the skelton forces they had there(skeleton as in very small amounts)). It's just unrealistic to have action to help right on the spot but people did survive on 9/11 and people survived when Katrina hit. They are helping now and it's better late than never my amphibious friend.

"Snozberries taste like snozberries"

In the Beginning...
I'm not really interested in keeping this discussion going given the immediate attention required in getting people to safety, but there are some statements here that need to be corrected.

Instead of saying New Orleans will rise again he should be saying our hearts go out to the people of Louisianna.
He did say that. He also mentioned the people of Mississippi and Alabama, who deserve as much attention as anyone else.

Saying they'll rise again is like saying, meh, they'll get over it.
Maybe to you, but you're biased because you're looking to twist his words. His statement was perfectly plausible because rebuilding New Orleans needs to be done (don't forget, New Orleans is where these people live - it's where they've made their lives).

If Bruce Willis were president he would have driven the convoy in himself, jumped out of the first jeep and started handing out M.R.E.s
Maybe so, but I would like to think the President - in his position of federal power - would be able to make himself a little more effective than that. There are thousands of National Guardsmen and volunteers on hand to do that.

instead of just taking off his suit so he looks like he's down home folk and visiting for a few minutes. It was just a publicity opportunity for Bush.
And jumping out of a jeep to hand out MRE's isn't a publicity opportunity? Come on...

He doesn't really care.
Did he tell you that? Are you good friends with them? Are you tapped into him somehow?

Guys, like I said before, this really isn't the time to start pointing fingers. It kills me that the press is already starting to bash those who have put the relief effort into action. Of course, there may be some legitimate criticisms to be made (I've certainly seen some unnecessary hiccups) - but for Christ's sake, don't start slamming the people in charge while they're trying to do the right thing. It just undercuts the effort, and that's not right.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Yes, he does. He sucks so much.
Nah.

For the record I do think Bush blew it on this one, really he did. I have to also say that I cannot think of a president since maybe Reagan that would have done a better job. The facts are that there was no solid plan in place because the magnitude of the destruction was unthought of. I still think quicker action ahould have been taken, but we are so mired down in doing what is "politically" correct that people died because of it. The president is the leader of this country, but that is in many ways only a label, he only has so much power. In this instance he screwed up and it was a big one. The National Guard need to be used as they were originally created for and they need to be trained and prepared for modern day disasters be it Hurricanes, earthquakes, blizzards or whatever. The failure in this instance is all of ours in this country. We vote the leaders into office and as a citizen who lives in an area that is highly prone to hurricanes I am going to demand that a plan is in place and I want to know what that plan is. Otherwise how can I complain too much? I am still angry for our governments slow response, but I myself take some of the blame.

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
You always have the most interesting threads, sunfrog.

Where do you ever find your inspiration?

I wipe my ass with your feelings
Sunfrog, please step down...the last thing we need is YOU representing Democrats (unless you're a Republican, then I'd be happy you've come to your senses).

A small timeline if I could:http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4211404.stm

It seems as if a team from Rhode Island got there before our troops, http://www.lifespan.org/news/2005/09/DMAT/timeline.htm

What I'm trying to say is that this one sucked big time! I've heard people going around comparing this to the tsunami...it truely isn't. We actually had information that it was coming our way. The people fled. We all saw the pictures. Traffic jams that were worst than Mardi Gras time, but yet no one did anything?

Now shouldn't the DHS have something to do with this one? I mean after 9/11, we were all speaking about being prepared for the next big thing, no matter what it was. Were we for this one? Nope.

I know there have been hurricanes before and most of them don't even come to compare to the aid needed in this one, but if anyone was smart enough to read along with me on CNN.com and acknowledge the fact that New Orleans is under sea level...well that could mean they're knee deep in trouble. Why didn't anyone figure this one?

Even when Bush did declare a state of emergency for Louisana, he still do anything. I'm sure one of his advisors was spitting out the facts while he was on vacation....though I can see he got distracted by those pathetic war protesters, but for this long?

There have also been people yelling around at the passing of the bill (10 billion for aid) and that it took too damn long. I mean we've all heard seen the 'I'm a bill on parliament hill' video. Do you really think it was that ******* long?

Beside peoples ignorance, Bush did really phuck up this time. Not as bad as other times (such as using feces for fetus. though it's uncomparable, it's just woah) You knew what was going to happen.

I like this article the best though, http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/09/03/kat...off/index.html . Funny when Government Officials pretend to play scientists.
We're soldiers. Soldiers don't go to hell. It's war. Soldiers, they kill other soldiers. We're in a situation where everybody involved knows the stakes. And if you're gonna accept those stakes... You gotta do certain things. It's business, we're soldiers. We follow codes... Orders.

Is that true?? Bruce Willis did that?? NoooooO!!!! ::Sunfrog begins to cry:::

P.S. Have you witnessed the suckage yet or are you still in denial?

I haven't witnessed any suckage, but what he does in the privacy of his own home isn't my buisness.

But it was your business what Clinton did wasn't it?
You destroyed America because of a b.j. then you turn a blind eye on a war for oil, rampant greed and corruption, and the blatant disregard for the Constitution, and now you refuse to see how much Bushlite sucks during this disaster. What's wrong with you? Seriously. How can you be that way? Why does your brain work that way? What has to happen for you to believe the truth??

Man of La Movies
Originally Posted by Sleezy
No disrespect intended, of course, but this really isn't the time to start pointing fingers. There will be plenty of time to do that after things get settled in the affected areas. Despite what the federal government has or has not done, let's let them do NOW what needs to be done instead of dwelling on it. It looks like the effort is really going forward now, and that's good news.
While I agree that the response to Katrina was mismanaged, I have to agree with this statement. If you're going to criticize Bush, you have plenty of other ammunition...This disaster is off limits, and until they finish calculating the damage and helping those who are displaced, we're going to have to concentrate on the long vacations that Bush takes, and how each one precipitates a huge disaster...first 9/11, now this. If nothing else, he's really crap luck for our country. We have to concentrate on other things, like how much Bush's oil-producing friends are making right now, and how they're probably funnelling him large sums of cash to numbered accounts in Zurich or the Caymans, we have to concentrate on the fact that(before the hurricane), Bush has been too busy to take an afternoon with Cindy Sheehan to comfort her, and instead has turned her into the symbol of the negativity this nation is discovering that they have for our troops' continued vacation in Iraq. You have to concentrate on the fact that, if Bush's Bible thumping friends have their way, Antonin Scalia will become the Chief Justice, and another whacko-conservative will replace Scalia, and they will take Rowe v. Wade and knock us back to the dark ages. You have to concentrate on the horrible constitution that Iraq has drafted, and the official state religion they have decreed -- Islam, of course -- making the morality statements in their new constitution worse than their old one. These things -- and more -- can be open forum...but for the moment, leave the President/the government's response to Katrina alone!

Originally Posted by samq79
but for the moment, leave the President/the government's response to Katrina alone!
I understand this in the big picture, but on an internet movie forum nothing we say here is really going to directly help anyone there. Granted we make those like EQ and Caity feel better knowing we care about them, but that is the extent of it in the short term. I am not saying we start bickering about things, but debate is always an ingredient of forward progress. I am not sure if you were being sarcastic or not, but it does not matter. The snide remarks about long vacations and Clintons sexual escapades are really fruitless. "Bad luck" was mentioned about Bush. Thats a bogus claim. I am only so adamant about standing on my foundation of convictions because I am a strong family man. I am seeing so many families suffer and the slow response haas caused people to die and people are still dying. There are staging areas for victims that have died due to lack of needed medcines or scheduled treatment. So yeah like I said before Bush did not do enough, but at the same time I see that some people are loving the idea that he is getting bashed for "sucking". You ought to be ashamed, if indeed you are one of these people. Outrage I can understand, but needless bantering is pitiful.

Slightly off topic: I may be temporaily offering my services to the National Guard, I have not decided. I was part of a Guard unit in Southern California and I know a few guys in a unit taking part in this. They really need internal support. Anyway if I can get a temp G.S. position I may be away for awhile, it is still up in the air, but if I bail for awhile from the forum thats where I will be.

But it was your business what Clinton did wasn't it?
You destroyed America because of a b.j. then you turn a blind eye on a war for oil, rampant greed and corruption, and the blatant disregard for the Constitution, and now you refuse to see how much Bushlite sucks during this disaster. What's wrong with you? Seriously. How can you be that way? Why does your brain work that way? What has to happen for you to believe the truth??

I wipe my ass with your feelings
Sunfrog is our retarded genius.

Go sunfrog

You destroyed America because of a b.j.
I hope that was one Helluva' suckage there, maybe G.B is not the best sucker out there after all.

May The Forks be With Us
Why are we getting upset about water that is under the bridge?(figuratively) We need to realize our mistakes then go on about the buisness of helping the people in Louisiana and Missisippi that were affected and helping the people that are in shelters right now. There is not time for pointless bickering. We just need to get over it, mistakes were made, it's inevitable, we need to get over it and help those who we can instead of standing around and laying blame on people for what they did and did not do.

Also, in my personal opinion, I think that democrats, republicans, conservatives, liberals, or any other political group is a bunch of fools. People are trying to be down in a gang type situation, no. It's not good. People making up their mind before they hear the issue. Don't be down with a gang, do what you would do in most of your day to day situations. Hear all the facts, then form you opinion, not before.

Because I hate republicans and I wish they'd stop existing. Here's a quote I read today:

Edmund Burke: "All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing."

So don't turn away and say it's water under the bridge like everyone's been doing with Bush, the war, the greed, the corruption, the destruction of everything America stands for, etc.. Pay attention and never vote republican again as long as you live.