out of 5

The King's Speech:
I love this movie. I remember beginning to watch it, being unsure of how I would feel about it, and then becoming completely entranced in the whole thing. It is no wonder it won as many awards as it did. Colin Firth truly transforms and keeps the audience engaged making the King likable to really make you feel for him and his victory becomes your victory. Wonderful.

127 Hours:
I believe there is a Saturday Night Live Weekend Up Date sketch that perfectly sums up this movie. It's a bunch of fast forwarding watching the arm get hacked and then more fast forwarding, over.

Black Swan:
The Requiem Of A Dream for the present day. Maybe a little dramatic, but the movie that makes you walk out just contemplating everything. Much like Michael Douglas's The Game. And there is no way Natalie can do anything but add to a move, she is flawless.

The Fighter:
I am most definitely bias of this movie being born and raised in Massachusetts with a father from Lowell. Amazing performances, scenery, and script. Hats off.

Inception:
This movie lives on my overrated movies list. It tried way too hard, the idea was thrown out on to a table in front of people who all went in having the intention to make a movie to make people say woah what and it was cheesy. The slow-mo, dramatic, band of beautiful men, inside a dream, inside a dream, inside a dream. Not a fan. It didn't unfold naturally it was all forced on us like SEE, SEE HOW INOVATIVE WE ARE.

The Kids Are Alright:

Social Network:
I do love this movie, I think all actors pull out there best. The lighting and music edits are phenomenal and really bring you into the mood and feel of all of the characters.

Toy Story 3:
This is another movie I have to be biased towards because I grew up with this franchise. I cried, hard, twice watching this movie. It was written so well to wrap up such a wonderful story. I feel that generally when sequels are made they are NEVER as good as the original, and each piece of this story was just as good as the last.

True Grit:
I need to rewatch this.

Winter's Bone:
I really enjoy this movie. I think Debra Granik was snubbed, the way she stripped away everything, music, color, all the pizzazz and just told a story. Not to forget this was the breakout role for Jennifer Lawrence who is able to carry everything, this story, her family, without all the distraction of everything else.

Winner: The King's Speech
My Choice: The King's Speech