80's Teenager Films

Tools    

Ok, Im a big movie fan and I can often be very critical of films, but one of my guilty pleasures are stupid teen movies that were made in the great cheesiest era of all time, the 80's.
Actually I haven't even seen all that many and there are many untapped classics out there that i haven't seen. But im trying to beef up my veiwing of these cheesy flicks. Stereotypical highschool characters, embarressing fashion, horrible acting, corny jokes, and of course 80's music, just make these flicks WONDERFUL! Everytime I go to the video store now i try and rent one.
Here is just a list of my favorites

Karate Kid: This is just one of the great 80's teen flicks. Not to mention an all time classic in its own right. Great music, memorable dialogue, unforgettable characters. Johnny the bad dude, has the greatest 80's hair dew. His hair alone is worth checking out this movie. One of the best lines in the movie...Daniel-son asks Elizabeth Shue to drive his new car, shes hesitant, and then Daniel says, "Oh Come on, Its the 80's man!'

Just One Of the Guys: This movie wreaks of the 80's. Typical teenage highscool 80's flick. Big dumb jerk Jocks, freaky lizard nerd guys, and sweet geeky boy who gets the girl. Oh yeah, and the girl who dresses up like a dude, she looks like the karate kid when shes a he. its funny!
Best part of this movie is the main characters younger brother who is obbsessed with sex and getting laid. I seen this movie too many times for my own good i think.

My Best Friends A Vampire: A good 80's flick with a twist. Geeky teenager is the star again, but this time hes become a vampire. But all the main players are here, main character sidekick, with cool 80's mullet hair, who is obsessed with getting laid. This movie just cracks me up, definetly a must see if you havent already.

Well, of course i love the 80's teen classics such as The Breakfast Club and Sixteen Candles, but i just thought Id throw some more obscure ones out, that i love and have seen countless times. Any other CHEESY and FUN teen 80's flicks that youve seen, that i should check out?
THE CHEESIER AND DUMBER THE BETTER
Tell us. They dont make teen flicks like they use to thats for sure. Ill take Just On of the Guys over Dude wheres my Car any day.

I did a post on this AGES ago (in fact, my first post - http://www.movieforums.com/forums/sh...p?threadid=255) but not many people answered it .

Karate Kid 1
All the 80s Arnie films + Conan, and especially Predator
CaddyShack
Road House
Kickboxer + most JCVD films
Heartbreak Ridge
Platoon
Full Metal Jacket
Die Hard
Teen Wolf, Back to the Future (Michael J. Fox stuff in general)
Rocky 1 and 2 - maybe 4 - 3 and 5 were jokes
Rambo: First Blood - take or leave 2 and 3

Out of those KKI, TW, and BTTF are good teen movies. Also stick in The Lost Boys. There are a few others, but they escape my mind at the moment.

"Hey nice car Mrs. Larusso!"

Yeah, Karate Kid and Back to the Future are both great. These are good movies to rent and eat pizza to. They don't require a lot of thought (any thought? ) but they are full of action and adventure.

In Just One of the Guys you forgot to mention the part where the nerd takes his iguana to the prom and then lets it graze in the salad greens.

I watch that movie everytime it comes out on tv. That and The Last Starfighter. What? I can't help it.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
oh man, this is totally my weakness too. they have this hopeful sense to them ... something oddly that i forgive more than i forgive the teen flicks out today.

there was this one where this girl wanted to be on the school newspaper and they wouldn't let her cause she was a girl so she dresses like a guy (is that the one you're talking about?) and she falls for this guy who she wants and at the end there's some beach party at night and she bares her breasts so they'll believe she's a girl. totally crazy and amazing.

and karate kid ... and the breakfast club ... some movie where this spoiled brat's parents memory (and everyone else) is wiped of her and she has to take care of herself and learn about life the hard way (i think it was molly ringwald or somebody) ... back to the future ...

ah man, that era. i like the movies. i absolutely abhor the fashion but i love the stories and the music. i was a wee one in that time ... but i still have the memories. grew up off that crap.

I just thought of a few other 80's films that are RADICAl!
These arent as corny as the first three i posted, but they have their geeky moments.

Pretty In Pink
Some Kind of Wonderful
Cant Buy Me Love

Theyre all kind of chick flicks, but hey we are talking about guilty pleasures right?

Oh and OllieO the movies you talked about were good, but i think you missed the point of the topic. Im talking about 80's cheesy and corny teen flicks. I dont really think that Full Metal Jacket or anything by Jean Claude Van Damn apply.

Yeah, I know, I just cut 'n' pasted that list from the other thread. As I said at the bottom, KKI, BTTF and TW are all great teen flicks .

I just became aware of this site recently and mostly just lurk but growin up in the 80's I also LOVE those cheesy 80's movies. Here are some of my faves that haven't been mentioned!

Secret Admirer
Once Bitten
Red Dawn
Night of the Comet
Back to School
The Goonies
Summer School

Red Dawn - is that the Patrick Swayze film where America gets invaded by Commies and a bunch of kids fight them off? If so - a great film!

And Goonies - I can't believe I forgot it!

"We could have been riding the waves, cruising the coast, but noooooo! Someone's older brother had to go and mess it up. Flunking your driving test?"

"When I get hold of you I'm going to hit you so hard that when you wake up your clothes will be out of fashion!"

I could go on, but I won't.

Yep yep, Red Dawn had Patrick in it. Wolverines! lol

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I'm not entirely sure if this was an 80's flick, but I think it was. I don't know the name of it, which is why I'm asking, but has anyone ever seen a movie where this group of kids has to fight all these monsters? I think they have to fight a werewolf and a vampire, and I think a mummy. Anyone know the name of this movie? I'd love to know.

Monster Club? Sounds familiar, I know I saw it but I can't think of the name. Hmm..

I think it's called the Monster Squad. Cool kids movie.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
oh yes, the Goonies!! good stuff ...

and are you sure it's Red Dawn or Steel Dawn? Cause there was a Steel Dawn with Swayze that I remember ... but it doesn't fit the storyline you mentioned ... the world is a desert (Mad Max style) and he shows up at an outpost like place, befriends a blonde woman with her kid and they get jiggy with it ... he protects her and stuff, bonds with her kid, fights the mean society around them with uprisings and things ... then moves along off into the great wild yonder.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Didn't Red Dawn have Arnold Schwarzenegger and James Belushi in it?

The Goonies is one of the greatest movies ever made. I don't know one person who doesn't like it.

Red Heat had Arnie and Belushi in it. Arnie is like a Russian cop over in the US working with an American cop (Belushi) trying to catch some criminal or somethin.

War Games is another awesome 80's movie.

Forgot to throw in Cloak and Dagger with Dabney Coleman.

There is also this one movie that I can't remember the name of. It's about a kid who's really a robot and somehow ends up with a regular family and then the military is after him and stuff. Damn I can't think of the name of it but it was a cool movie. I think the kid's name is the name of the movie.

D.A.R.Y.L.

I watched that on TBS or one of those channels just the other day. I think it holds up well.

I liked Cloak & Dagger, too, and not just because it was filmed in the City of My Birth.

War Games! Matthew Broderick, what a film. Great premise, and one of the few original plots to have come out of Hollywood. And such dated technology!

And DARYL, another great one. I've just got a couple of images of when he plays baseball for the first time and smashes that window, and when he plays Pole Position and gets to the highest level.

Classics.