Borderlands (2024)

Tools    

There's a cool poster out, too

Looks a load of silly fun. I've never played the games, so can't compare.

Although I'm amused at all the complaints I've seen about Cate Blanchett getting the role of Lillith because she is too old and the character in the games is younger...

I'd rather not have Kevin Hart in there...

It looks EXACTLY like the games! Like, I don't even care if it's the worst movie ever as long as I get to see the Borderlands universe in the real world.

Having a late-summer release date isn't giving me much confidence in this. Many studios typically send stuff to the late summer when they aren't very confident in the film.

On the other hand, if the movie is actually good and connects with audiences, it could enjoy a fairly lengthy run in theaters.

So, I am going to be cautiously optimistic and hope it's a case of the latter.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Wow. This could be a thing. Really seems derivative of GotG (or some other zany, neon, AM Gold soundtracked movie), but that doesn't matter if it's good. Unless there are 132 needledrops, then maybe not so much. Wish Claptrap's voice was closer to the game, but it's still better than I thought.

Ive played most of the Games. Cant wait to see the movie

I don't even care if it's the worst movie ever as long as I get to see the Borderlands universe in the real world.

^ This is literally the answer to the question:

"Why does Hollywood reboot other things and not have it's own original ideas?"