out of 5

The Artist:
This is one of my favorite movies. It really shows the skill that goes into acting, having to portray an entire story without words which really shows the talent of all the actors and actresses in the films. Also, to take the idea of bringing back a silent film can bring up a lot of issues such as, will it feel like it drains on to long, will it be boring, will the actors be able to carry such a have task, how many people will even be interested in watch a silent film, but Michel Hazanavicius was able to walk away with a nice little Oscar for his mantle.

The Descendants:
I understand this is a good movie. Good acting, good story, good Clooney, good Hawaii, but it didn't stick. All I remember about the movie is it was good.

Extremely Loud and Incredible Close:
This is another movie I felt I built up before seeing and then was let down. It didn't evoke any great emotion out of me, and it is not that I'm heartless as I've seen other movies with the same personal issues as the characters and plot in this movie and had an emotional reaction. I don't know what it was, but like The Descendants, it almost just felt like they were making a movie to make a movie. Maybe I need to re-watch it.

Moneyball:
This movie is one of my mother and brother's favorite movie. However, for peasant me I just could follow it. My family is a big baseball ball family, they break it down to science and math and I have never been able to follow them when they do it, and I couldn't follow Pitt and Hill. I'm sure if I had an appreciation for business and the game I too would enjoy this movie thoroughly however, those were never my strengths.

Midnight In Paris:
I have never seen Annie Hall or any other Woody Allen movie so I can't compare it to other projects of his and I'm not familiar with the "Woody Allen Style" but that aside I very much enjoyed this movie. I thought the story was original and the colors and Paris were stunning, I just wish it wasn't Owen Wilson.

War Horse:
I love this movie. I don't know exactly why, but I love this movie.

Tree of Life:

Hugo:

The Help:
This is a wonderful movie with an amazingly talented cast that accomplishes what it sets out to do. Everyone already knows this. There is nothing new that I can add to this fantastic movie.

Winner: The Artist
My Choice: The Artist