Who'd Ya Do?

Tools    

Come on!

Vincent Vega might be a dangerous heroin shooting mutherf*cker with guns and sh*t, but he's fattish. Travolta doing Zucko...

He's trim, fit, in shape.
Grease him up and...

*oh, Matt, shut up*

Now With Moveable Parts
Mmmm...Charlie. No doubt. It would be right during the filming of Ferris...

as for the Travolta characters, Vincent. Danny was a total moron.

Sandy: Where's the Danny I met this summah?

Danny: " Heh heh, I do not know, why don't you look in the yellow pages or sumpthin'? "

yes, okay MORON!

"Maybe there's two of us, right?"

That guy had his priorities right...
When I grow up, I tell you...
Role-f*cking-model!

Charlie was born Carlos Irwin Estevez. I assume most people think Emilio is the one who changed his name, but he kept his, while Carlos and Ramon (Martin Sheen) Estevez changed theirs.

ooh, i miss threads like these........

my choices;

paul newman's cool as cool Luke, or Marlon as marlon at that point in his life.

tom cruise? penelope? ......i can't decide...can i interview them first?

garofalo or o'teri?........i think janeane is very hip, very cool....but i wouldn't want to do her. so neither

cameraon diaz sex wise, but drew is cooler and more sensual, and i know men dig her!....yet she doesn't do it for me in that way.

keannue's Neo ooooooooh yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

batman hands down, hands up, hands behind my back.....anything anywhere

catwoman for sure

bruce campbell while listening to some springsteen

angela landsbury for tea but not for sex (and holden is right.....she is a very demure and innocent kind of pretty....in The Picture of Dorian Grey.) and i love her as an adult......but sex? no.

no aliens. no no no
and no muppets!

no sheens or estevez's either i'm afraid.

and as for travolta? ......i'm leaving him for kelly.

and that updates me i believe.

fun thread

now..........how about comedian sex..........SEINFELD OR STEVEN WRIGHT?
and a second pairing to choose from.......HALLE BERRY OR ASHLEY JUDD?

Leaving him for Kelly, eh? Can I have Kelly, then?

I'd go with Seinfeld, I think. and the Berry/Judd choice depends on which Berry it'd be. If we're talking Oscar night, it's Berry...if we're talking Monster's Ball, it's Judd...but in general, most of the time, the choice is definitely Halle and her Berrys.

A novel adaptation.
I'm going with Seinfeld, and Berry, I think TWT's got his priorities straight.
Hannibal the cannibal vote:

Jodie Foster
or
Julianne Moore

second vote should even things out:

Jodie Foster (circa Taxi Driver)
or
Julianne Moore (Big Lebowski)

I'm going with Jodie on the first, and Julianne on the second

A novel adaptation.
You would take a 14 year old Foster over Julianne Moore? Ah, well, not my place to judge.

Actually, I wasn't paying attention...

I wasn't thinking of Foster at that age, but rather, of the way she looked in Panic Room. It's like Jaime Lee Curtis in True Lies all over again. How exactly does she look BETTER than she did ten years ago?

I like to watch...
So no one seems keen on Travolta as Tony Monero?? What about that white suit. What about that whole crazy New York Disco-thang? I would take him as Tony over Danny...Danny was such a boxhead!

And I KNOW Vincent was somewhat rotund in Pulp Fiction but he was COOL and strangely appealing...

Ditto the Jodie Foster thing Yoda. Obviously motherhood suits her because she does look fantastic these days. It's a good point to compare her to Jaimie Lee. Same deal with Sharon Stone and Susan Sarandon...they are ageing superbly - classy birds all.

Which leads me to ask...

Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct

OR

Susan Sarandon in Bull Durham???

Stone, hands down (but something else up).

Wow, I didn't know I had that kind of crudity in me. I guess my sense of humor is really low-brow after all. Anyway, it's an easy choice...Sarandon's never appealed to me much...especially not in that flick. Dunno why.

Susan Sarandon for me, any time, any where. I don't care for Sharon Stone at all, and never have - she does nothing for me. Ms. Sarandon, on the other hand, I have a thing for. In fact, that thing is right here, if she's at all interested. In Atlantic City, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Thelma & Louise, White Palance and of course The Hunger I think Sarandon is at her sexiest, though truthfully I'd do her Sister Helen Prejean.

In Basic Instinct itself, I thought Jeanne Tripplehorn was MUCH hotter than Stone. Yummy.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

MWAA HAAAAAAAA. holden, *gasp*......poor susan, if only she knew you (and your thing) were waiting for her.

sharon stone doesn't do it for me either.......too trampy i guess.
i thought Jeanne Tripplehorn was amazing....i'm picturing her in that bonny bedelia/harrison ford movie......presumed innocent?. yeah. psycho in that one, but beautiful, as in all her movies.

susan sarandon is so sensual and sexy and is indeed aging well.
i've had a couple people who tell me i look like Jamie Lee......i know men have a thing for her......now, why would that be?. i don't have her endowments but i'll take it as a compliment anyway.

halle berry is a stunner but ashley judd beats her out as my choice, even thought i think Berry is the more beautiful if that's possible.

jodie foster? no
julianne moore?........over jodie, but not otherwise.

and i've been rethinking my travolta pass up......i'll take him as his Pulp Fiction character.
belly and all. ;P

The beautiful and sultry actress in Presumed Innocent wasn't Tripplehorn, but another Babe entirely: Greta Scacchi. Other than Presumed Innocent (great R-rated sex scene between her and Harrison on his office desk), she's probably still best remembered as the unpronounceable June Gudmundsdottir in Altman's The Player, the girlfriend of the writer Tim Robbins killed who he then romances. Her ill-fated on-screen bo in that movie was her then real-life husband, the uber-talented Vincent D'Onofrio.

Scacchi is also very memorable in the Merchant/Ivory flick Heat & Dust, the charming Aussie comedy The Coca-Cola Kid and the re-make of The Browning Version with Albert Finney.

BTW, Scacchi turned down Paul Verhoeven's offer to play the Sharon Stone role of Catherine Tramell in Basic Intinct, as did Kim Basinger and Michelle Pfeiffer before her. Frankly I'd much rather see Scacchi's beaver than Stone's.

Jeanne Tripplehorn's other best-known performances, though none quite as obviously sexy as Basic Instinct, are as Cruise's wife in The Firm, the other woman to Gwyneth in Sliding Doors, and romancing Costner's fish-man in Waterworld. She was also good in Mike Figgis' experimental Timecode, but few people saw that one.

Seinfeld
Halle Berry
Jodie Foster / Jodie Foster

And need you even ask?

Susan Sarandon

I like to watch...
I'm trying to place Jeanne Tripplehorn in Timecode Holden...was she Salma Hayeks lover?? I just can't recall.

Good call on Greta Scacchi. She is a brilliant acress. I don't know that she was actually married to D'Onofrio though. He's the father of her daughter. She was also the long time love of NZ muso Tim Finn (brother of the brilliant Neil).

I don't know how widely watched the Aussie coming of age flick "Looking for Alibrandi" was outside Australia but it was huge here. Greta Scacchi played Josie's mother in a wonderfully understated performance. It was a film about three generations of Italian women living in Sydney and the kid's battle to find her own place intermingled with the stories of her mother and grandmother. Lighthearted but entertaining fare nevertheless.

I like to watch...
I'm trying to place Jeanne Tripplehorn in Timecode Holden...was she Salma Hayeks lover?? I just can't recall.

Good call on Greta Scacchi. She is a brilliant acress. I don't know that she was actually married to D'Onofrio though. He's the father of her daughter. She was also the long time love of NZ muso Tim Finn (brother of the brilliant Neil).

I don't know how widely watched the Aussie coming of age flick "Looking for Alibrandi" was outside Australia but it was huge here. Greta Scacchi played Josie's mother in a wonderfully understated performance. It was a film about three generations of Italian women living in Sydney and the kid's battle to find her own place intermingled with the stories of her mother and grandmother. Lighthearted but entertaining fare nevertheless.

Yes, Tripplehorn was Hayak's girlfriend in Timecode. There's a limo ride I'd like to be a part of as a sandwich ingredient! Though honestly, Saffron Burrows is the Babe I'm most hot-and-bothered by in that particular cast.

I've been ga-ga for that girl since Circle of Friends and yet another charming Aussie comedy, Hotel de Love. And while I found Deep Blue Sea to be a complete waste of time and resources, I'd personally like to thank the hack writer who conconcted that nonsensical reason for a wet Saffron to strip down to to her bra & panties to avoid electrocution (shhyea, right!). Was an incredibly stupid scene in the middle of an incredibly bad movie, but what a wonderful, wonderful joy it is to see. To steal from the always groovy Donovan, I'm just mad about Saffron.

And I've never seen Looking for Alibrandi. For me Scacchi and Anthony LaPaglia are enough to recommend it. I don't even know if it has made it to video here in The States, but I'll keep an eye out for it.

Incredibly bad movie? Pfft. I thought it was, to borrow a phrase from Travis Birkenstock, "fine holiday fun." As for Saffron: she'd be quite the looker if she put on, I dunno, ten pounds or so.