Name That Movie

Tools    

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I coulda sworn you posted another quote Holden, about convertibles and beavers.....but I'll go anyways:

"It scared me, I was shaking like a leaf, so without thinking I lit up a cigarette to calm me nerves, I was trembling. It was very emotional."

I'm sure Holden will get this, so now he can repost is beaver quote.

I took mine down because I wasn't the first to get in with the Pulp Fiction answer.

I don't recognize yours right off, OG, but I'll repost the other one the next time I buzz in with a correct answer first.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

PA!!! I am both shocked and appauled that you didn't get this straight off Holden!! I know you have seen the movie though.(hint hint)

Well since no one has gotten it yet, and I don't want this thread to die out the answer is: Sexy Beast

Since Holden is the only one who probably would of gotten it (I think he's the only one to have seen it) I'll let him pick one.

Ah, yes, Sexy Beast. I only saw it once back in like June or something, so that one isn't as firmly imprinted on my brain yet.

Next:

"What are you doin' here? You oughtta be out in a convertible, bird-doggin' chicks and bangin' beaver."

I'll add a second quote from elsewhere in the same movie...

"They was givin' me ten-thousand Watts a day, you know, and I'm hot to trot! The next woman takes me on is gonna light up like a pinball machine and pay off in silver dollars!"

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

"We all dream of being a child again, even the worst of us. Perhaps the worst most of all."

Peckinpah's masterpiece The Wild Bunch
*you didn't really think you were going to get that by somebody
who calls themselves "Holden Pike", did you, Mapache?

And yes, quite right on One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, as I'm sure you knew.

Next...
"It's a hard world for little things."

I reckon nobody is flashin on my latest quote. I'll try one more, to see if somebody gets it. This is from the same film. It's a great monolgue - though it loses something without the visuals. Still, it's worth a shot...

"Ah, little lad, you're starin' at my fingers. Would you like me to tell you the little story of Right Hand/Left Hand? The story of Good and Evil?

H-A-T-E. It was with this left hand that old bother Cain struck the blow that laid his brother low. L-O-V-E. You see these fingers, dear hearts? These fingers has veins that run straight to the soul of man. The right hand, friends, the hand of love!

Now watch, and I'll show you the story of life. Those fingers, dear hearts, is always a warin' and a tuggn', one agin' the other. Now watch em! Old brother left hand, left hand he's a fightin', and it looks like love's a goner! But wait a minute. Hot dog, love's a winnin'! Yessirree. It's love that's won, and old left hand hate is down for the count!"

I'll wager you can't possibly have seen this film and ever forgotten that scene.

...dunno......but you sure are entertaining, holden.

OK, I guess nobody has seen this film. My last two quotes were from The Night of the Hunter (1955), directed by Charles Laughton and staring Robert Mitchum as a psychopath disguised as a Preacher terrorizing two children for some hidden money. It's a classic.

This one should be a bit easier:

"When there was no meat, we ate fowl. When there was no fowl, we ate crawdads. When there was no crawdads to be found, we ate sand."

Raising Arizona.

"You think you're tough? You eat beans every day? There's a handful of scarecrows left in Denver give anything for a mouthful of what you got."

Joe vs. the Volcano.

Your use of language has altered since our arrival. It is currently laced with, shall we say, more colorful metaphors, "double dumb-*** on you" and so forth.

That's from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, where the crew lands in present-day San Francisco. Spock notes how Kirk has picked up some of the day's colloquialisms.

"Why don't you pass the time by playing a little solitaire?"

The Manchurian Candidate of course.

You're a very nosy fellow, kitty cat. Huh? You know what happens to nosy fellows? Huh? No? Wanna guess? Huh? No? Okay. They lose their noses.

Also this line from elsewhere in the same movie...

"I didn't want to do this, but I'm gonna have to pull rank on you: I'm with the mattress police. There are no tags on these mattresses."