Hello movie forum friends! Been a long time!

If I have it correct, the last time I was active I was still an undergraduate,now I've been working for three and half years, and half of the time in movie production! What an interesting journey interwind with movies!

I've started to pick up editing with final cut pro at job, and I have this question about subtitling that I'd like to ask your help with, you may think I will be better off posting this on some editing forum, or fcp user forum or something like that, but it's a good excuse to come back here and say hi

So we've been using fcp to add subtitles, without help of any plug-ins or external softwares, the good thing is that we can do it very precisely, but the bad thing is that it's super time-consuming and it offers very little room for changes later, like if you change the font of the first subtitle clip, the same change doesn't apply to the rest, and you can't select all and change. There's just no way of batch changing the settings. It's very frustrating.

I've been doing some research about subtitling softwares but it seems there aren't many mac based subtitling softwares that came to impress. So far I've been using the trial version of this software called finalsub developed by a Chinese company, the commercial one is quite pricy, around 500USD and I'd really like to try some other softwares before deciding to purchase the commercial version.

If anyone knows about good subtitling softwares on mac platform and can shed a light on me that would be great, otherwise, it's not a big deal.

Good to be back!