What should I name my hampster?

Tools    

Good one.

He doesn't bite,
he doesn't steal.
He just runs around on his hampster wheel!
Harvey, Harvey,
Harvey the Wonder Hampster! Hey Harvey!

I already have my furry friend, and it's not a hamster. It's a gerbil, and despight what most people say, gerbils are actually gentler and sweeter than hamsters. I have a brown and white one, male, and his name is Chippy.

You mean you named a rodent that could have had an awesome name like CACTUS DOING FORTY....

...Chippy?!

I think you've lost it Grace.

Originally posted by Gracie
I already have my furry friend, and it's not a hamster. It's a gerbil, and despight what most people say, gerbils are actually gentler and sweeter than hamsters. I have a brown and white one, male, and his name is Chippy.
From what I understand, it's the other way around. Gerbils are more wild and more prone to bite. But nothing is absolute except death and...
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Well, that's not what I heard. Anyway, I named Shippy 'cuz Chris has a friend, Adam, and he had a gerbil just like mine for 5 years! I named him Chippy to honor the honorable gerbil!

The Adventure Starts Here!
I'm an avowed hamster lover (note proper spelling of "hamster," by the way...AHEM!). I had friends who had gerbils while we always had hamsters, and frankly, we always thought the hamsters were kinder and gentler and more personable.

Then again, Gracie, if you were talking about putting more than one in a cage together, then perhaps, yes, the gerbils would be more gentle. Hamsters are solitary animals and it's not recommended to keep more than one pet hamster in a cage. They get aggressive and nastier when caged together, especially the males.

Linda/Mom (to a select few on this board)
(whose hamsters were always named using random encyclopedia entries -- so she had a female hamster named Thornton Wilder and a male hamster named Mary Queen of Scots)