Untitled

Tools    

Do you fear death because of Hell?

Originally posted by Yoda
There is no singular, definitive reason why I fear death.
I ask that because most Heaven and Hell believers I know seem to have no doubt at all that they will go to Heaven.

Maybe so, but the mere possibility is cause for fear. I think some people truly KNOW they are saved...but I strongly believe that most (myself included) do have their doubts from time to time (which is perfectly reasonable, in my opinion), and that many people who act so VERY sure are really just trying to convince themselves.

Anyhoo, that's my thinking on the matter. If I found out, somehow, that there was no God, I'd be scared in some ways, and very relieved in others.

Originally posted by Yoda
[*]...there are more trees in American now than there were 100 years ago?
Okay. I would really love to see the source for this one.

That'd take a helluva lot of digging...I read it awhile ago. I don't know why it would come as a shock, though. A lot of companies have a financial stake in keeping the tree population healthy, after all...and having a financial stake in something does wonders for getting the job done.

I fear trees. And jello. And those plastic things on the end of shoelaces.

And if you think that doesn't make tying my shoes rather difficult for me, then think again.

Back with a bang!
Y'all should check out www.snopes.com
they have a great collection of known "facts", urban legends and such. Most of them false of course (the golf acronym for example)

chris, and firegod.......don't you agree that ALL fear is based on the ultimate fear which is the fear of death, or the fear of no longer existing??
.......... way deep down, the base of all fear is death.......and irrational phobias clearly show that the person thinks they will just die or cease to exist if certain situations arise.
i suppose a person with strong faith can truly not fear death....maybe just not fear what comes after death, but i'm talking about the instinct to stay alive and the accompanying fear of anything that might take away your life.

?

Morbida
I embrase death, I always figured I would be dead by now so I learned to look forward to it, think about it a endless amount of sleep, dont have to get up every morning and go to work, dont have to pay taxes......hell death really dont sound that bad.

Only fear I have is the fear of living to be 100 and having someone wipe my ass for me

I don't think all fear stems from death, no. I think some people's biggest fear is some sort of failure, or ridicule...so that their worst nightmare would not be dying, but rather, going on living in a situation they hate. But yes, I think everyone's scared of death to a degree...because nothing can truly prepare you for it. There are no accounts of what happens afterwards, and no accounts of what it truly feels like. It's something you have to do completely on your own with no practice or companionship, for the most part.

Yes, Patti. I think nature makes the fear of death the most powerful fear at first. However, we can get over fears, and there are many ways to do it. I think most people get over death as the biggest fear they have.

Morbida
I just dont understand that, I have never been worried or had of fear of dying........the fact that noone knows what comes afterword makes even more fascinating to me. Don't get me wrong I don't want to drop dead tomorrow or anything but I am ready for it when it comes.

I have a bigger worry that I will not find that soul mate.....and have to spend the rest of my life looking for her, but anyway that just my thoughts on the matter!

I found Chris posing for a web site...

http://www.nuttypics.com/oddities/Yoda/

I'm so ashamed...