Remakes You Want!?

Tools    

Remake the Crow?! With a hollywood budget of a few hundered million, maybe get Zac Effron to play the lead?

Sadly thats the kind of thing that happens with remakes. What made films like the crow so good was when filmed on a low budget it was the human element that had to shine rather than expensive sets, costumes or effects.
its the atmosphere created by the director and the actors, the hard work thats gone into it rather than the money. The remakes always seem to leave a bad taste in the mouth, they're always trying to out do the original rather than being made as a tribute.
Eg. Get Carter, Psycho, Rear window, Stepford wives, Night of the living dead, Wicker man.

Heard there's plans to remake Escape from New York. How could they!!

Don't know about a remake but i'd love to see a good version of the Iliad and the Odyssey. I know they've been partially done in Troy(2004) and Ulysses(1955)
Never seen ulysses but troy left way too much of the story out.

I don't believe the Night of the Living Dead remake belongs on that short list. It's one of the best horror remakes out there. It does its own thing, making Barbara tough, and of course it's more explicitly gory, but I never felt it was trying to outdo or at all ruining the original. The original is scarier for me, and I prefer its sense of futility to the remake's feminist angle, but what Savini did with the remake was really rather good.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

Sorry, just realised I was thinkin of the other remakes. had overlooked the 1990 one which i haven't seen so can't pass comment on it.
Perhaps substitute it with Planet of the Apes??