Hi y'all

Tools    

First off, I'm sorry things here have been so slow lately. I was working 75 hour weeks before and after a recent week long vacation. Things at work have multiplied faster than tribbles and it's been tough keeping up. Here's a real quick, brief run down of what's up.

I got to preview a ton of new stuff for work including the new 5 Disc Godfather collection. The set is most impressive and definitely worth the eon-long wait. The best part is the 5th bonus disc with too many extras to note.

Also, the new Grinch disc got to work to preview for it's November release. This sucker is loaded and is packaged in a glow-in-the-dark lime green clamshell case.

The Simpsons Set Season 1 and 2 made their way to my office too. The first season is three discs and includes quite a lot of bonus features, although not everything that was mentioned here as a wish-list feature. The second set is due out before Christmas and has just as many goodies as the first season. The only thing I wish they had is a cast/voice demo of some sort. Fox said they purposely left them off because they want consumers to picture Bart as Bart not as the 40 something woman who speaks for him.

Anybody up for Willow??? I've received 'future-casts' that have Willow listed as being a release before the end of the year. Disc will include a cast/crew commentary, featurettes, and other material 'to be determined'. Finally.

Halloween is being released in 2 Extended Versions in the next couple of months. Both versions will feature extended scenes, but one version will also include 35mm frames of the film as an insert.

The Mummy 2 is being slated for an October release. Universal is issuing a Standard disc and a Letterbox disc with identical features including commentary, featurettes, deleted scenes, and glimpses of The Mummy 3. I wouldn't get too excited about this though. My hunch is to expect an Ultimate Edition a month or so before Mummy 3 comes out.

Evolution is in pre-pro already, as is Tomb Raider, Fast and the Furious, Atlantis, Swordfish, Jurassic Park 3, and Shrek. So far they are all listed with features 'to be determined' but slated for a late 2001 release.

Stripes and Princess Bride are being re-released as Special editions as are Meet Joe Black, Patch Adams, Nottinghill, My Best Friend's Wedding, and dozens of others.

That's it for now. I'll try and get the rest of my goodies on here before the weekend, but I have another 75 week this week. Argggg.

Movie-Fever.com | New! Movie Fever Forums

Maybe you need an assistant....like me!
Where do you live? I could be your intern.
Do I need a degree in dvdology?

LOL. I have 12 'helpers' already, but what I really need is someone who actually helps...lol. I'm in Indiana, so I have to explain everything with a gunrack behind me so I have everyone's attention. hehe. Hopefully everything will be better when I move to Arizona...lol. Here's hoping.

Do you want to move to Hawaii? I could arrange housing by a volcano. A few earthquakes but great view.