The Most Dramatic Scene

Tools    

The most dramatic scene in a movie; whether it be a scene that made you cry, or just fall to pieces, just really touching...

One of mine was in the old film "La Bamba" Where the character Bob wanted to see his daughter and the mother said, "Go home, I have enough to worry about with richie." and Bob turns to say..."you always saying "what about ritchie"!, what about me?! what about me!? I know you don't give a damn about me! you had me locked up! Do you think I could ever forgive you for that!??"

That was really sad, with a score that helped alot, it tocuhed me unlike any other scene.

What's yours?

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.
Ellen Burstyn's speech in Requiem for a Dream.....as well as the scene during the final segment, after she has received treatment in which she simply stands there with her hair grey once more, and appearing as if it was hacked. It then cuts to a scene of her two friends on the parkbench, crying.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I was watching The Sixth Sense earlier, and there's a lot of scenes in that movie dealing with death that just get to me.

The Green Mile has a lot of scenes in it that really get to me as well. John's last few minutes.

The Shawshank Redemption has some dramatic scenes, but not sad, more happy tears than sad.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

SEVERAL scenes in The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring completely own me. Chief among them: immedietly following the exit from Moria, the scene with Boromir near the end, and Frodo and Sam in the boat near the end. Especially that last one. Amazingly, the scene early on, when Gandalf has recently entered The Shire, got to me, too. The shots of the landscape and the children made me think "That's what they're fighting for."

Mr. Smith Goes to Washington has it's fair share, too. Unbreakable and The Apostle as well. Too many to list, really.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I agree with Utopia. Ellen Burstyn's shock therapy seen in Requiem. That scene penetrated me, I just couldn't move. No other scene compares to it in my mind.

Leland Palmer killing his own daughter,Laura Palmer,at the end of Twin Peaks:Fire Walk With Me.....seriously spooky.

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.
Also forgot to add the final scene between Timmy and his father in Happiness, where he explains his pedophilic [that a word?] actions.