The site www.movieforums.org is DOWN????

Tools    

They never have and never will .....and are on dedicated servers. MoFo is the site with the crappy server problems.
Well, first off, you're fooling yourself if you think they "never have and never will" have issues -- that's impossible. Being on a dedicated server is not particularly special or unusual, and isn't any sort of major guard against downtime, either.

That said, I obviously won't put our server up against whatever Blu-Ray.com is running on, because I'm sure it's a massive site with plenty of operational funds, but I don't know what "crappy server problems" you're talking about. The overwhelming majority of users report quick response times and actual sustained downtime has been very, very minimal over the past 6 months.

I will put our site up against any other in terms of organization, ease-of-use, special features, and spam response time, however. That's what important to me, and that's what important to most MoFos. If someone wants something else out of a movie forum, hey, good for them; but they can go elsewhere for it.

but I don't know what "crappy server problems" you're talking about.
Once here and there when I log on, I am not able to get connected to Movieforums. It happened just two days ago. As long as I've been on those other two forums there has never been any problem.

I have not put down MoFo in anyway, and if it sounded like it I am sorry.

Yes, there is at times, a higher quality of film being discussed here. No matter where you go, there will always be some rude people. I have to say, I was there for . . . to hell if I know how long . . . and the only friendly/welcoming people there, were you (Rob), Claire, and someone I already knew, Sci-Fi-Guy. Powdered WaWa, you were pretty much gone by then. I bugged you here, instead.
It's still a board, with it's little click of friends (People that already know each other). That board is just a hell of a lot smaller than this one. I wasn't welcomed in much at all.
Anyway, I still stuck around, and waited to see how it went. You should do the same here.
Yeah Im gonna hang here. I heard the crowd here can get ornery at times, but for me thats fun too! I hope this is the beginning of a beautiful posting experience for us all!

Does anyone know how to reach ClairOfTheMoon my co-movie critic?
I'm right here just have an alias. Destiny was nice enough to email me and I decided to give this forum another try. So you missed me huh Rob?

So you missed me huh Rob?
Yeah, you should have seen the email he sent me. He was crying like a baby over you.

Glad you're giving us a try!

"MovieLovin'ClaireOfTheMoon" ?!
I don't think that's what he meant by merge, you silly little . . . What's that new nick-name Nebbit gave you?!?

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
what in the world is gay obscure cinema? anything not Super Troopers?

what in the world in gay obscure cinema? anything not Super Troopers?
It was Lennon's turn in the movie game. He didn't want anyone to guess the movie he had picked out. I'm not even sure he ever knew what half the facts were.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
I told you guys.... I let a monkey type on IMDB.com and what ever came up was what I used (dur)

not really I was just really tired when I answered those questions

Yes, thrilling. By the by, I could've changed it for you. I can still merge the two names iffin' you like. Just say the word.
I just want to be Claireofthemoon. Don't know what you mean about merging the two names. Thanks, though.

It means I can have all your posts moved over onto this new account so that it'll be as if you were "Claireofthemoon" all along. Their might be a bit of a continuity problem with people who specifically referred to you as "movielover" or quoted you as such, but that's a pretty minor concern.

Anyway, your call, of course.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Hello everyone, I apologize profusely for the site downtime (4 days now!). Unfortunately, one of my servers crashed and the data was wiped. I did have many backup solutions in place, but a series of unfortunate events occured (Murphy's Law). To make matters worse, the server crash occured right before I went on vacation - I am currently writing this on my laptop in he hotel room. We have recovered most of the data now, but there is one particular file that didn't get backed up which is vital. Unfortunately, it is on my home computer. Please be patient as I am working hard on getting my sites back up and running, and again, I apologize for the downtime. I have spent a lot of money on server upgrades and 911 emergency server administration costs, so if you'd like to donate something to help cover all the fees, I'd certainly appreciate it - any amount would be helpful. But please don't feel obligated to as I do make decent money from my websites. If you'd like to donate something, my PayPal address is: [email protected] - please put in the subject line "Server Donation". Thank you, and I hope to get everything back up and running ASAP! Cheers, Tyler Cruz Merendi Networks Inc.
looks like you guys can get back to you .org in a lil bit

That's just classic. The guy is asking for donations? This guy Spams his own sites. I kid you not. You know those wonderful little highlighted words you run into on some sites? Where if you click on them you get an ad? They're all over his forums even in posts that users submit. Kinda sad really.

That's just classic. The guy is asking for donations? This guy Spams his own sites. I kid you not. You know those wonderful little highlighted words you run into on some sites? Where if you click on them you get an ad? They're all over his forums even in posts that users submit. Kinda sad really.
Websites? Links to Websites? Whatever do you mean, Powdered WaWa?

All you have to do, is barely slide your cursor near them, and those annoying, huge boxes open up.

Decided to change my forum name to the one I have at movieforums.org...exciting news huh?
Yes! She is back! We shall stay strong vs the jaded coffee shop crowd that scorns at our wit! Mostly mine of course