Forgotten Gems (A place to share movies lost in the mists of time)

→ in
Tools    

I thought this would be a great thread to revive even though some of the movies listed as forgotten gems I personally don't consider them to be I mean there's academy award winners that are mentioned but to each his own.

Anyways here's a few.

The Hunter [Buzz Kulik] 1980 - Steve McQueen in a comedy action film with the emphesis on comedy. It's got pretty dry humor and I bet it caught a lot of people off guard at the time. I think people went in thinking it was going to be something completely different and since then even people that look into McQueen films seem to also forget this one.

Rollover [Alan J. Pakula] 1981 - When you think of Alan J. Pakula you think of All The President's Men, The Parallax View, Klute, Sophie's Choice, Presumed Innocent, Comes a Horsemen even Starting Over which I think is a Forgotten Gem and for better or worse The Devil's Own and The Pelican Brief but this one always seems to never be brought up. Check it out and you won't be dissapointed.

Of Unknown Origin [George P. Cosmatos] 1983 - Okay this is a really silly film but, it's so much fun as well. Peter Weller is left to his lonesome in his house with a giant rat that's right a giant rat. If your not into it once he straps on the athletic equipment to combat the beast then it simply isn't your kind of movie.

Iceman [Fred Schepisi] 1984 - I gotta say this one's a champ in terms of hidden gems. I know almost defaintly someone here has seen this film. I just never see it get it's proper due attention. One of the best films made in the 80's and one of the best films made period. This is in my Top 100.

Lassiter [Roger Young] 1984 - Some many say thank you that this one is Forgotten. I say any film that has Jane Seymour's naked butt in it shouldn't be forgotten.

Mike's Murder [James Bridges] 1984 - I found this on VHS along time ago. I've only seen it once. I'm a huge lover of James Bridges films and love Debra Winger so maybe impartial to this film. Anybody else like this one ? I wish it was on DVD.

Thanks for that I had certainly forgotten most of those and some I haven't seen

• Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore
  • Stella
  • The Long, Long Trailer
  • Return to Oz
  • The Incredible Shrinking Woman
  • The Incredible Shrinking Man
  • Jumpin' Jack Flash
  • Tales From the Crypt (1972)
  • The Vault of Horror

http://hiddenmovieblog.blogspot.com

Little Miss Sunshine... Loved this film.