Tony Scott Is Dead

Tools    

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I realize that it's the nature of our times and media that everyone has an opinion and a judgment without knowing hardly anything in the way of facts. A very small amount of people may know those facts, but I'm pretty sure that no one here knows if Mr. Scott discussed his plans with his family. If the family ever deems it appropriate to discuss this, I will weigh what they have to say, but until then, I don't care to read negative judgments. However, I do believe that it's a fair topic of discussion, especially considering it was done in public, but sometimes people just don't want to hear every flippin' opinion every flippin' person has, even if it's from us MoFos. Shut up, mark!

I don't get how someone who contemplated doing the same thing is able to call another a coward. That's like calling the kettle black.
I'm still here aren't I? I saw how wrong it is. How much I had to live for. How it would affect my family and friends. That takes courage. Killing yourself doesn't. And this is more tailored to your beliefs. But being a Christian I could never go through with it. I think Mickey Rourke said the same thing about how being a Catholic made him not commit suicide too.

You may be right Sexy.
I once heard somewhere that a lot of senior citizens, especially men, commit suicide because they can't stand the thought of experiencing their bodies suffer through illnesses and such. I don't have the source, but I know I heard that somewhere.

Life can be really freakin' dark, dude.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Oh you have got to be kidding me. I have had suicidal thoughts since I was 10. I have been close to actually doing it too. So how is that for an actual understanding of the mind and suicide?

I am talking from a logical standpoint. That he decided to cause his family, friends, and fans pain by killing himself. Suicide is a selfish act. You do it because you don't want to live anymore and don't care how that affects the people around you. It is still sad. But he took his own life. No one killed him. He decided he wanted to be dead. And he got what he wanted.
Hop off the soap box

and Shut the F*ck up already.

signed,

everyone.

Must be doin sumthin right
No matter the exact circumstances, whether he had just received a death sentence or if he talked it over with his wife or whatever the case may be, I don't understand people whose first impulse when they hear a story like this is to angrily shame and tut-tut the guy. Why not express a little human decency for someone who, by any account, wasn't an evil man. He's dead and it's sad

I once heard somewhere that a lot of senior citizens, especially men, commit suicide because they can't stand the thought of experiencing their bodies suffer through illnesses and such. I don't have the source, but I know I heard that somewhere.

Life can be really freakin' dark, dude.
I mean who wants to painfully whither away and spend their last moments with their loved ones as a shell of their self? My uncle was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer in his late 40s and there was essentially no chance he'd survive, but he went through with chemo and all that anyway because he had to keep up a brave face and say he was gonna try and fight it for his preteen daughters. It really sucks, yeah

Having witnessed first hand the effects terminal cancer has on a person and all of the pain and anguish it causes, not only to that person but their loved ones also, who are for the most part absolutely helpless in their efforts to ease that persons suffering. I can respect his decision to end it the way he did. He may not have wanted his wife and children to see him waste away as all terminal cases do and to remember him as he was instead of what he'd become. That might have been a somewhat selfish decision on his part - he may also not have been in the best of places psychologically either after such news. But calling him a coward is completely uncalled for.
This.

Flim may have been suicidal since age 10 or whatever, but he/she is an obnoxious self-righteous attention grabber here who really needs to butt out and STFU with the sniping and judging.

Get off your stupid soapbox and let people express their sadness and condolences in peace. This isn't about YOU, flim.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

No this is about someone who took his own life leaving his family and friends behind. Sorry if I am not so understanding. What soap box? I am just making an observation. Sorry if it offends anyone. But get over it. This is a public forum.

I think with all these comments, we miss what we should keep in mind first. HE DID AMAZING MOVIES during his life. But that's my own humble opinion.

Only 2 neg reps? Thought I'd get at least 3. It's a ridiculous way to go and it doesn't matter if I don't have all the facts. He jumped off a bridge! Fact. Maybe his family knew about this. If so, that makes it even more ridiculous.

Anyway. Rest in peace, I guess.

He jumped off a bridge! Fact. Maybe his family knew about this. If so, that makes it even more ridiculous.
Yeah, if his family knew he was gonna commit suicide by jumping off a bridge, I find that ridiculous, too. Just because it's a bridge of all things....

But Mark F did tell me earlier that the bridge he jumped off of was the bridge that The Monkees jump off of to kill themselves in their movie, Head. Frankly, if I was going to commit suicide and I could do it by jumping off that bridge, I might choose that method, too. I love the song that plays during that scene where The Monkees jump off that bridge:

I could just imagine jumping off that bridge and beautifully falling slowly to my death all Monkees style.

But, of course, it wouldn't really be that way, probably. It'd be quick and very painful ~ it's supposed to be extremely painful once you hit the water and I think the impact might actually kill you immediately.

Was Tony Scott a Monkees fan? Now that I think of it, it's kinda interesting 'cause Davy Jones died this year, the first Monkee to die.

Must be doin sumthin right
Hundreds of people commit suicide by jumping off of bridges every year. It's a cliche

Originally Posted by Powdered Water
Only 2 neg reps? Thought I'd get at least 3. It's a ridiculous way to go and it doesn't matter if I don't have all the facts. He jumped off a bridge! Fact. Maybe his family knew about this. If so, that makes it even more ridiculous.

Anyway. Rest in peace, I guess.
Powdered Water, how would you kill yourself? I gave you neg rep for the first part of your post, by the way