Farily simple movie question:

Tools    

I'm almost positive I'm thinking of a David Niven movie and all I can remember is one particular scene.

In order to conduct an investigation (not sure if privately, or municipally or what the jurisdiction) the investigator has to try to fit in at a nude beach. I could be mistaken, but I think they are playing instruments on the beach in the nude.

Can anyone tell me what movie this is?

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I'm almost positive I'm thinking of a David Niven movie and all I can remember is one particular scene.

In order to conduct an investigation (not sure if privately, or municipally or what the jurisdiction) the investigator has to try to fit in at a nude beach. I could be mistaken, but I think they are playing instruments on the beach in the nude.

Can anyone tell me what movie this is?

There's a scene in A Shot in the Dark where Peter Sellers is at a nudist colony. Maybe that's what you're thinking of?

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
David Niven was also in the earlier The Pink Panther with Sellers' Inspector Clouseau, so you may have conflated the two movies.

Instead of David Niven, could it have been Ian Carmichael (not necessarily in I'm All Right Jack)?