Darth Pazuzu's Favorite Movies of All Time

→ in
Tools    

DARTH PAZUZU'S FAVORITE MOVIES OF ALL TIME (#331-340)

WORD KEY CODE:
prophet / disease / tropopause / label / hallucinate / change / education / motorbike / caning / bullets / iron / bracelet / survivors / infant / compass / music / seizure / existence / hypnotherapy / overdose / flight / bondsman / swap / criminal / agent / meteorite / cold / alarm / backwards / panic / id / robot / advanced / cruiser / kiss / brain / heart / courage / water / curtain / watch / present / examination / cemetary / actor / actress / punk / opium / locker / mausoleum

"God splits the skin with a jagged thumbnail from throat to belly and then plunges a huge filthy hand in, he grabs hold of your bloody tubes and they slip to evade his grasp but he squeezes hard, he insists, he pulls and pulls till all your innards are yanked out. And the pain! We can't even talk about that. And then he stuffs them back, dirty, tangled and torn. It's up to you to do the stitching."
#331 - ANGELS IN AMERICA (2003)
directed by: Mike Nichols
screenplay by: Tony Kushner / based on his play
starring: Al Pacino, Meryl Streep, Justin Kirk, Ben Shenkman, Patrick Wilson

"There's no such thing as a wrong war. Violence and revolution are the only pure acts."
#332 - IF.... (1968)
directed by: Lindsay Anderson
screenplay by: David Sherwin / based on a story by David Sherwin and John Howlett
starring: Malcolm McDowell, David Wood, Richard Warwick, Christine Noonan, Rupert Webster

"As of now I'm skipper, and anybody who don't like it can get out and swim to Bermuda. What about that?"
#333 - LIFEBOAT (1944)
directed by: Alfred Hitchcock
screenplay by: Jo Swerling / based on a story by John Steinbeck
starring: Tallulah Bankhead, William Bendix, Walter Slezak, Mary Anderson, John Hodiak

"I struggle between what I know is right in my own mind, and some warped truthfulness as seen through other people's eyes who have no heart, and can't see the difference anyway."
#334 - CONTROL (2007)
directed by: Anton Corbijn
screenplay by: Matt Greenhalgh / based on the biography Touching from a Distance by Deborah Curtis
starring: Sam Riley, Samantha Morton, Alexandra Maria Lara, Joe Anderson, Toby Kebbell

"Here we go. AK-47. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherf***** in the room... accept no substitutes!"
#335 - JACKIE BROWN (1997)
directed by: Quentin Tarantino
screenplay by: Quentin Tarantino / based on the novel Rum Punch by Elmore Leonard
starring: Pam Grier, Samuel L. Jackson, Robert Forster, Bridget Fonda, Robert De Niro

"Dave, look at me! Do I look like somebody's playing a practical joke? Am I laughing, or am I scared stiff?"
#336 - THE BLOB (1958)
directed by: Irvin S. Yeaworth Jr.
screenplay by: Theodore Simonson and Kay Linaker / based on a story by Irving H. Millgate
starring: Steve McQueen, Aneta Corseaut, Earl Rowe, Olin Howland, Stephen Chase

"And so those mindless beasts of the subconscious had access to a machine that could never be shut down. The secret devil of every soul on the planet, all set free at once to loot and maim... and take revenge... and kill!"
#337 - FORBIDDEN PLANET (1956)
directed by: Fred McLeod Wilcox
screenplay by: Cyril Hume / based on a story by Irving Block and Allen Adler
starring: Walter Pidgeon, Anne Francis, Leslie Nielsen, Warren Stevens, Jack Kelly

"I'll get you, my pretty! And your little dog, too!"
#338 - THE WIZARD OF OZ (1939)
directed by: Victor Fleming
screenplay by: Noel Langley, Florence Ryerson and Edgar Allan Woolf / based on the novel The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum
starring: Judy Garland, Frank Morgan, Ray Bolger, Bert Lahr, Jack Haley

"I don't care about the money. I'm pulling back the curtain. I want to meet the wizard!"
#339 - THE GAME (1997)
directed by: David Fincher
written by: John Brancato and Michael Ferris
starring: Michael Douglas, Sean Penn, Deborah Kara Unger, James Rebhorn, Armin Mueller-Stahl

"I have a story also, a little simpler than yours. Many years ago, I had a friend, a dear friend. I turned him in to save his life, but he was killed. But he wanted it that way. It was a great friendship. But it went bad for him, and it went bad for me too."
#340 - ONCE UPON A TIME IN AMERICA (1984)
directed by: Sergio Leone
screenplay by: Leonardo Benvenuti, Piero De Bernardi, Enrico Medioli, Franco Arcalli, Franco Ferrini and Sergio Leone / based on the novel The Hoods by Harry Grey
starring: Robert De Niro, James Woods, Elizabeth McGovern, Tuesday Weld, Treat Williams

DARTH PAZUZU'S FAVORITE MOVIES OF ALL TIME (#341-350)

WORD KEY CODE:
interstellar / ocean / wife / visitors / shame / farewell / concert / guitar / makeup / costume / alien / radiation / punks / automobile / criminal / holdup / running / poem / bank / ambush / opera / lust / political / villa / soldier / family / profiler / glass / footage / tiger / mother / disturbed / string / tart / gas / brother / alcoholic / trapeze / church / extremist / negotiation / accident / trial / cloaked / peace / revolution / witness / betray / abortion / disown

"What a ghastly sight. I can never get used to all these resurrections."
#341 - SOLARIS (1972)
directed by: Andrei Tarkovsky
screenplay by: Fridrikh Gorenshteyn and Andrei Tarkovsky / based on the novel by Stanislaw Lem
starring: Donatas Banionis, Natalya Bondarchuk, Jüri Järvet, Vladislav Dvorzhetskiy, Nikolay Grinko

"Of all the shows on this tour, this particular show will remain with us the longest, because not only is it the last show of the tour, but it's the last show that we'll ever do. Thank you."
#342 - ZIGGY STARDUST AND THE SPIDERS FROM MARS: THE MOTION PICTURE (1979)
directed by: D.A. Pennebaker
starring: David Bowie, Mick Ronson, Trevor Bolder, Woody Woodmansey, Angela Bowie

"It happens sometimes. People just explode. Natural causes."
#343 - REPO MAN (1984)
directed and written by: Alex Cox
starring: Harry Dean Stanton, Emilio Estevez, Tracey Walter, Olivia Barash, Sy Richardson

"You know what you done there? You told my story, you told my whole story right there, right there. One time, I told you I was gonna make you somebody. That's what you done for me. You made me somebody they're gonna remember."
#344 - BONNIE AND CLYDE (1967)
directed by: Arthur Penn
written by: David Newman and Robert Benton
starring: Warren Beatty, Faye Dunaway, Michael J. Pollard, Gene Hackman, Estelle Parsons

"You made me forget every shred of decency and dignity. It's true. Every shred of dignity… for a wretched and illicit love… that brought nothing but shame."
#345 - SENSO (1954)
directed by: Luchino Visconti
screenplay by: Suso Cecchi d'Amico, Luchino Visconti, Giorgio Bassani, Carlo Alienello and Giorgio Prosperi / based on the novel by Camillo Boito
starring: Alida Valli, Farley Granger, Massimo Girotti, Heinz Moog, Rina Morelli

"And if one does what God does enough times, one will become as God is."
#346 - MANHUNTER (1986)
directed by: Michael Mann
screenplay by: Michael Mann / based on the novel Red Dragon by Thomas Harris
starring: William Petersen, Tom Noonan, Dennis Farina, Brian Cox, Kim Greist

"Clothes maketh the man. And the less there is of the man, the more the need of the clothes."
#347 - SPIDER (2002)
directed by: David Cronenberg
screenplay by: Patrick McGrath / based on his novel
starring: Ralph Fiennes, Miranda Richardson, Gabriel Byrne, John Neville, Lynn Redgrave

"I wake up from a nightmare and find that real life is worse than the dream!"
#348 - THE SERPENT'S EGG (1977)
directed and written by: Ingmar Bergman
starring: Liv Ullmann, David Carradine, Gert Fröbe, Heinz Bennent, James Whitmore

"You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it."
#349 - STAR TREK VI: THE UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY (1991)
directed by: Nicholas Meyer
screenplay by: Nicholas Meyer and Denny Martin Flinn / based on a story by Leonard Nimoy, Lawrence Konner and Mark Rosenthal
starring: William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, DeForest Kelley, Kim Cattrall, Christopher Plummer

"My father taught me many things here. He taught me in this room. He taught me, 'Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.'"
#350 - THE GODFATHER PART II (1974)
directed by: Francis Ford Coppola
screenplay by: Francis Ford Coppola and Mario Puzo / based on the novel The Godfather by Mario Puzo
starring: Al Pacino, Robert Duvall, Diane Keaton, Robert De Niro, John Cazale

DARTH PAZUZU'S FAVORITE MOVIES OF ALL TIME (#351-360)

WORD KEY CODE:
wardrobe / repair / history / evil / minotaur / fantasy / postage / ring / ballroom / train / feline / paleontology / golf / negligee / butterfly / convent / mountain / general / erotic / scent / portrait / ankles / unmask / gender / scarf / dance / foreigner / marriage / ulcer / rejection / love / suicide / paradise / clot / factory / radium / cabaret / favor / vagrancy / unfaithful / parole / robbery / veterinarian / truck / kidnap / aristocrat / society / risorgimento / allegiance / melancholia

"Come on then. Back to creation. We mustn't waste any more time. They'll think I've lost control again and put it all down to evolution."
#351 - TIME BANDITS (1981)
directed by: Terry Gilliam
written by: Terry Gilliam and Michael Palin
starring: Craig Warnock, John Cleese, Sean Connery, Shelley Duvall, David Rappaport

"You know that I've got a fairly vivid imagination, don't you, darling?"
#352 - BILLY LIAR (1963)
directed by: John Schlesinger
screenplay by: Keith Waterhouse and Willis Hall / based on the novel by Keith Waterhouse and the play by Keith Waterhouse and Willis Hall
starring: Tom Courtenay, Julie Christie, Wilfred Pickles, Mona Washbourne, Ethel Griffies

"When a man is wrestling a leopard in the middle of a pond, he's in no position to run!"
#353 - BRINGING UP BABY (1938)
directed by: Howard Hawks
screenplay by: Dudley Nichols and Hagar Wilde / based on the short story by Hagar Wilde
starring: Katharine Hepburn, Cary Grant, Charles Ruggles, Barry Fitzgerald, May Robson

"Remember, the superior of all is the servant of all."
#354 - BLACK NARCISSUS (1947)
directed by: Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger
screenplay by: Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger / based on the novel by Rumer Godden
starring: Deborah Kerr, Sabu, David Farrar, Kathleen Byron, Flora Robson

"It's hard for a man to be looked at by a woman. Women are used to it, of course, but for a man to submit to a woman's gaze - it's unsettling. Although I believe there's some pleasure to be had from it, once you yield."
#355 - THE DANISH GIRL (2015)
directed by: Tom Hooper
screenplay by: Lucinda Coxon / based on the novel by David Ebershoff
starring: Eddie Redmayne, Alicia Vikander, Amber Heard, Matthias Schoenaerts, Ben Whishaw

"People always say 'but'. And nothing ever changes."
#356 - ALI: FEAR EATS THE SOUL (1974)
directed and written by: Rainer Werner Fassbinder
starring: Brigitte Mira, El Hedi ben Salem, Barbara Valentin, Irm Hermann, Elma Karlowa

"I think that's exactly what causes all the evil in this world, this necessity we feel to change people. We should improve their nature. Who are we to dare to change them? God made them as they are. How sad it is, suddenly to discover, that we've been dictators in our lives, to ourselves and others."
#357 - EUROPE '51 (1952)
directed by: Roberto Rossellini
written by: Roberto Rossellini, Sandro De Feo, Mario Pannunzio, Ivo Perilli and Brunello Rondi
starring: Ingrid Bergman, Alexander Knox, Ettore Giannini, Giulietta Masina, Teresa Pillati

"Yes, I pegged you right off the bat. You've got your badge on your face, not under your coat. You and your whole crowd. You could never have caught me, not in a thousand years! And now get out, and don't forget to tell that husband of mine that I'm giving the kid up, not because he hounded me into it, but because I'm no good. You understand? No good at all! You get me? No good for anything... except to give up the kid before it's too late."
#358 - BLONDE VENUS (1932)
directed by: Josef von Sternberg
written by: Jules Furthmann and S.K. Lauren
starring: Marlene Dietrich, Herbert Marshall, Cary Grant, Dickie Moore, Gene Morgan

"I trust. You want to see what I trust? In God I trust. It's the words on the back of every bill."
#359 - THE GETAWAY (1972)
directed by: Sam Peckinpah
screenplay by: Walter Hill / based on the novel by Jim Thompson
starring: Steve McQueen, Ali MacGraw, Ben Johnson, Al Lettieri, Sally Struthers

"I often think about death. The idea doesn't frighten me. You young people can't understand. To you, death doesn't exist. It's something that happens to others."
#360 - THE LEOPARD (1963)
screenplay by: Luchino Visconti, Suso Cecchi d'Amico, Pasquale Festa Campanile, Enrico Medioli, Massimo Franciosa and René Barjavel / based on the novel by Giuseppe Tomasi di Lampedusa
starring: Burt Lancaster, Alain Delon, Claudia Cardinale, Paolo Stoppa, Rina Morelli

DARTH PAZUZU'S FAVORITE MOVIES OF ALL TIME (#361-370)

WORD KEY CODE:
fighter / shark / bicentennial / fish / southpaw / tail / heroin / subway / impound / chase / blackout / sand / greengrocer / bomb / knife / track / distraction / wife / airport / suitcase / debt / convertible / jukebox / ticket / cliff / border / holdup / fugitives / stripper / temple / holy / cross / invitation / crate / impale / quantum / sentient / canister / possess / tachyon / daggers / museum / ice / raven / academy / troupe / scar / widow / provoke / interrogation

"I was thinkin', it really don't matter if I lose this fight. It really don't matter if this guy opens my head, either. 'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance... and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
#361 - ROCKY (1976)
directed by: John G. Avildsen
written by: Sylvester Stallone
starring: Sylvester Stallone, Talia Shire, Burt Young, Carl Weathers, Burgess Meredith

"All right! You put a shiv in my partner. You know what that means? G**dammit! All winter long I got to listen to him gripe about his bowling scores! Now I'm gonna bust your a** for those three bags and I'm gonna nail you for picking your feet in Poughkeepsie!"
#362 - THE FRENCH CONNECTION (1971)
directed by: William Friedkin (R.I.P.)
screenplay by: Ernest Tidyman / based on the book by Robin Moore
starring: Gene Hackman, Fernando Rey, Roy Scheider, Tony Lo Bianco, Marcel Bozzuffi

"You made London laugh. When one sets out to put the fear of death into people, it's not helpful to make them laugh. We're not comedians!"
#363 - SABOTAGE (1936)
screenplay by: Charles Bennett / based on the novel The Secret Agent by Joseph Conrad
starring: Sylvia Sidney, Oscar Homolka, Desmond Tester, John Loder, Joyce Barbour

"You have my sympathies, then. You have not yet learned that in this life you have to be like everyone else - the perfect mediocrity; no better, no worse. Individuality's a monster and it must be strangled in its cradle to make our friends feel confident. You know, I've often thought that the gangster and the artist are the same in the eyes of the masses. They are admired and hero-worshipped, but there is always present the underlying wish to see them destroyed at the peak of their glory."
#364 - THE KILLING (1956)
directed by: Stanley Kubrick
screenplay by: Stanley Kubrick and Jim Thompson / based on the novel Clean Break by Lionel White
starring: Sterling Hayden, Coleen Gray, Vince Edwards, Elisha Cook Jr., Marie Windsor

"Things ain't always what they seem. You gotta ask yourself: Is it worth it? Cause the day comes: The Earth Maker is gonna come down and look right in your f***ing heart. And then you better know what it is you're doing. Are you a human being or just some hungry ghost out there?"
#365 - U-TURN (1997)
directed by: Oliver Stone
screenplay by: John Ridley / based on his novel
starring: Sean Penn, Jennifer Lopez, Nick Nolte, Billy Bob Thornton, Jon Voight

"Did they look like psychos? Is that what they looked like? They were vampires. Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a f*** how crazy they are!"
#366 - FROM DUSK TILL DAWN (1996)
directed by: Robert Rodriguez
screenplay by: Quentin Tarantino / based on a story by Robert Rodriguez
starring: Harvey Keitel, George Clooney, Quentin Tarantino, Juliette Lewis, Ernest Liu

"The master wants you. Throw away your cross, face the master. Your faith against his faith. Could you do that? Is your faith enough? Then do it! Throw away the cross, face the master. Faith against faith!"
#367 - SALEM'S LOT (1979)
directed by: Tobe Hooper
screenplay by: Paul Monash / based on the novel by Stephen King
starring: David Soul, James Mason, Lance Kerwin, Bonnie Bedelia, Reggie Nalder

"Suppose what your faith has said is essentially correct. Suppose there is a universal mind controlling everything, a god willing the behavior of every subatomic particle. Well, every particle has an anti-particle, its mirror image, its negative side. Maybe this universal mind resides in the mirror image instead of in our universe as we wanted to believe. Maybe he's anti-god, bringing darkness instead of light!"
#368 - PRINCE OF DARKNESS (1987)
directed and written by: John Carpenter
starring: Donald Pleasence, Jameson Parker, Lisa Blount, Victor Wong, Dennis Dun

"Born in the image of the greatest power in the world! The Desolate One. Desolate because his greatness was taken from him and he was cast down. But he has risen... in me!"
#369 - DAMIEN: OMEN II (1978)
directed by: Don Taylor
screenplay by: Stanley Mann and Mike Hodges / based on a story by Harvey Bernhard and characters created by David Seltzer
starring: William Holden, Lee Grant, Jonathan Scott-Taylor, Robert Foxworth, Lew Ayres

"Not only are you nasty and repulsive, you're a crap actor to boot! Your acting in the past few minutes is among the worst I've ever seen. You're ruthless, immoral and rotten. People like you don't deserve to live!"
#370 - THE RITE (1969)
starring: Ingrid Thulin, Anders Ek, Gunnar Björnstrand, Erik Hell, Ingmar Bergman

DARTH PAZUZU'S FAVORITE MOVIES OF ALL TIME (#371-380)

WORD KEY CODE:
bridge / manufactured / belief / nothing / box / fashion / predestination / wig / narcissist / pistol / diva / catfight / barbiturate / alcohol / telethon / morphine / novelist / vomit / inheritance / mansion / nostalgia / pact / disfigure / videotape / cantata / séance / miscarriage / seizure / bleeding / skull / politics / training / montage / suspect / psychopath / job / subliminal / broadcast / preacher / sunglasses / arm / consume / bacteria / sewer / nitrogen / cylindrical / aquarium / slingshot / nuclear / cloaked

"Pleasure: The inevitable byproduct of our civilization. A new world, whose only preoccupation will be: How to amuse itself! The tragedy of your time, my young friends, is that you may get exactly what you want."
#371 - HEAD (1968)
directed by: Bob Rafelson
written by: Bob Rafelson and Jack Nicholson
starring: Peter Tork, Davy Jones, Micky Dolenz, Michael Nesmith, Victor Mature

"You're with someone in a car or in a room and you want to say something, but you're afraid. Or you'd like to be affectionate but again you're afraid. You're afraid of losing points, of being the weaker one. It's a terrible moment when you can no longer go back and start again."
#372 - THE BITTER TEARS OF PETRA VON KANT (1972)
directed by: Rainer Werner Fassbinder
screenplay by: Rainer Werner Fassbinder / based on his play
starring: Margit Carstensen, Hanna Schygulla, Irm Hermann, Katrin Schaake, Eva Mattes

"Look, they drummed you right outta Hollywood! So ya come crawlin' back to Broadway. Well, Broadway doesn't go for booze and dope. Now you get outta my way, I got a man waitin' for me!"
#373 - VALLEY OF THE DOLLS (1967)
directed by: Mark Robson
screenplay by: Helen Deutsche and Dorothy Kingsley / based on the novel by Jacqueline Susann
starring: Barbara Parkins, Patty Duke, Paul Burke, Sharon Tate, Susan Hayward

"It's a weird case from the start. A case with a hole in the center. A doughnut."
#374 - KNIVES OUT (2019)
directed and written by: Rian Johnson
starring: Daniel Craig, Chris Evans, Ana de Armas, Jamie Lee Curtis, Christopher Plummer

"An assassination live on television coast to coast? That's entertainment!"
#375 - PHANTOM OF THE PARADISE (1974)
directed and written by: Brian De Palma
starring: Paul Williams, William Finley, Jessica Harper, Gerrit Graham, George Memmoli

"Then let us live and love so that people will say, 'The Devil as well as God is an Englishman!'"
#376 - GOTHIC (1986)
directed by: Ken Russell
written by: Stephen Volk
starring: Gabriel Byrne, Julian Sands, Natasha Richardson, Miriam Cyr, Timothy Spall

"You see, the very quality that gets you in trouble is what makes you potentially invaluable... Your aggressiveness."
#377 - THE PARALLAX VIEW (1974)
directed by: Alan J. Pakula
screenplay by: David Giler and Lorenzo Semple Jr. / based on the novel by Loren Singer
starring: Warren Beatty, Paula Prentiss, Hume Cronyn, William Daniels, Kenneth Mars

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!"
#378 - THEY LIVE (1988)
directed by: John Carpenter
screenplay by: John Carpenter / based on the short story Eight O'Clock in the Morning by Ray Nelson
starring: Roddy Piper, Keith David, Meg Foster, Raymond St. Jacques, George "Buck" Flower

"Your meteor brought something, all right, but if it's a germ, it's the biggest son of a b**** you've ever seen!"
#379 - THE BLOB (1988)
directed by: Chuck Russell
screenplay by: Chuck Russell and Frank Darabont / based on a story by Irving H. Millgate and a screenplay by Theodore Simonson and Kay Linaker
starring: Kevin Dillon, Shawnee Smith, Donovan Leitch, Jeffrey DeMunn, Candy Clark

"You're proposing that we go backwards in time, find humpback whales, then bring them forward in time, drop 'em off, and hope to Hell they tell this probe what to do with itself!"
#380 - STAR TREK IV: THE VOYAGE HOME (1986)
directed by: Leonard Nimoy
screenplay by: Steve Meerson, Peter Krikes, Harve Bennett and Nicholas Meyer / based on a story by Leonard Nimoy and Harve Bennett
starring: William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, DeForest Kelley, James Doohan, Catherine Hicks

DARTH PAZUZU'S FAVORITE MOVIES OF ALL TIME (#381-390)

WORD KEY CODE:
cinema / infection / mask / sword / motorcycle / collision / stunt / fetish / reshape / psychopathy / bosses / liquor / gold / armor / heart / train / grandfather / mail / press / concert / doctor / sculptor / triangle / happy / missing / ballet / dancer / impresario / plagiarism / success / middleweight / dive / paranoia / rage / jealousy / fidelity / catkin / fig / wrestling / frozen / abduction / ransom / explosion / restoration / identical / sister / foreign / hotel / waiter / translator

"I don't know how to explain it, but it's the movie that's making this happen!"
#381 - DEMONS (1985)
directed by: Lamberto Bava
screenplay by: Dario Argento, Lamberto Bava, Dardano Sacchetti and Franco Ferrini / based on a story by Dardano Sacchetti
starring: Urbano Barberini, Natasha Hovey, Karl Zinny, Paola Cozzo, Nicoletta Elmi

"After being bombarded endlessly by road safety propaganda, it's almost a relief to have found myself in an actual accident."
#382 - CRASH (1996)
screenplay by: David Cronenberg / based on the novel by J.G. Ballard
starring: James Spader, Holly Hunter, Elias Koteas, Deborah Kara Unger, Rosanna Arquette

"When a man with a .45 meets a man with a rifle, you said, the man with a pistol's a dead man. Let's see if that's true. Go ahead, load up and shoot."
#383 - A FISTFUL OF DOLLARS (1964)
screenplay by: Víctor Andrés Catena, Jaime Comas Gil and Sergio Leone / based on a story by Adriano Bolzoni, Víctor Andrés Catena and Sergio Leone, and the film Yojimbo written by Akira Kurosawa and Ryűzô Kikushima
starring: Clint Eastwood, Marianne Koch, Gian Maria Volonté, Wolfgang Lukschy, Joseph Egger

"Aye, it may be a joke to you, but it's his nose. He can't help having a hideous great hooter! And his poor little head, trembling under the weight of it!"
#384 - A HARD DAY'S NIGHT (1964)
directed by: Richard Lester
written by: Alun Owen
starring: John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, Ringo Starr, Wilfrid Brambell

"I've had this business, 'Anything is better than nothing.' There are times when nothing has to be better than anything!"
#385 - SUNDAY BLOODY SUNDAY (1971)
directed by: John Schlesinger
written by: Penelope Gilliatt, David Sherwin and John Schlesinger
starring: Glenda Jackson, Peter Finch, Murray Head, Peggy Ashcroft, Tony Britton

"You cannot have it both ways. A dancer who relies upon the doubtful comforts of human love can never be a great dancer. Never!"
#386 - THE RED SHOES (1948)
directed by: Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger
screenplay by: Michael Powell and Emeric Pressburger / based on the fairy tale by Hans Christian Anderson
starring: Moira Shearer, Anton Walbrook, Marius Goring, Robert Helpmann, Léonide Massine

"I've done a lot of bad things... Maybe it's comin' back to me. Who knows? I'm a jinx maybe. Who the hell knows?"
#387 - RAGING BULL (1980)
directed by: Martin Scorsese
screenplay by: Paul Schrader and Mardik Martin / based on the memoir Raging Bull: My Story by Jake LaMotta, Joseph Carter and Peter Savage
starring: Robert De Niro, Cathy Moriarty, Joe Pesci, Frank Vincent, Nicholas Colasanto

"Do you know what it is to suffer when you're with a woman? lt tears you like a silk. And each bit and stroke burns hot. Of course, l wouldn't not have had it. lt was a complete experience. She's a wonderful woman, but l hate her somewhere. lt's curious."
#388 - WOMEN IN LOVE (1969)
directed by: Ken Russell
screenplay by: Larry Kramer / based on the novel by D.H. Lawrence
starring: Alan Bates, Oliver Reed, Glenda Jackson, Jennie Linden, Eleanor Bron

"The plot thickens. Let us sit and tell sad tales about deserted daughters and lonely husbands."
#389 - OBSESSION (1976)
directed by: Brian De Palma
screenplay by: Paul Schrader / based on a story by Brian De Palma and Paul Schrader
starring: Cliff Robertson, Genevičve Bujold, John Lithgow, Stocker Fontelieu, Sylvia Kuumba Williams

"All this talk... There's no need to discuss loneliness. It's a waste of time."
#390 - THE SILENCE (1963)
starring: Ingrid Thulin, Gunnel Lindblom, Birger Malmsten, Hĺkan Jahnberg, Jörgen Lindström

(NOTE: This is only the second of two posts that I just did back to back. You might find the last one interesting as well!)

DARTH PAZUZU'S FAVORITE MOVIES OF ALL TIME (#391-400)

WORD KEY CODE:
television / apartment / birthday / fingernails / garage / aphrodisiac / parasite / orgy / pool / assault / bounty / partnership / match / bank / watch / oil / waitress / pianist / father / truck / soldier / farm / disguise / sergeant / shotgun / dress / actor / feminist / daytime / contract / advertising / spy / microfilm / drunk / airplane / smuggle / commune / hippie / parade / brothel / heir / throne / stairway / palace / queen / king / castles / war / composer / eccentric

"My hair stinks! This dress stinks! Look, this whole thing is disgusting! These sleeves on this go back and forth! What am I gonna do?"
#391 - DEMONS 2: THE NIGHTMARE RETURNS (1987)
directed by: Lamberto Bava
written by: Dario Argento, Lamberto Bava, Franco Ferrini and Dardano Sacchetti
starring: David Knight, Nancy Brilli, Coralinda Cataldi Tassoni, Asia Argento, Bobby Rhodes

"I had a very disturbing dream last night. In this dream I found myself making love to a strange man. Only I'm having trouble you see, because he's old... and dying... and he smells bad, and I find him repulsive. But then he tells me that everything is erotic, that everything is sexual. You know what I mean? He tells me that even old flesh is erotic flesh. That disease is the love of two alien kinds of creatures for each other. That even dying is an act of eroticism. That talking is sexual. That breathing is sexual. That even to physically exist is sexual. And I believe him, and we make love beautifully!"
#392 - SHIVERS (1975)
directed and written by: David Cronenberg
starring: Paul Hampton, Joe Silver, Lynn Lowry, Alan Migicovsky, Barbara Steele

"Well, there's such a high reward offered on all you gentlemen, I thought I might just tag along on your next robbery. Might just turn you over to the law!"
#393 - FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE (1965)
screenplay by: Luciano Vincenzoni and Sergio Leone / based on a story by Sergio Leone and Fulvio Morsella
starring: Clint Eastwood, Lee Van Cleef, Gian Maria Volonté, Luigi Pistilli, Klaus Kinski

"Now all you have to do is hold the chicken, bring me the toast, give me a check for the chicken salad sandwich, and you haven't broken any rules!"
#394 - FIVE EASY PIECES (1970)
directed by: Bob Rafelson
screenplay by: Adrien Joyce / based on a story by Bob Rafelson and Adrien Joyce
starring: Jack Nicholson, Karen Black, Susan Anspach, Lois Smith, Billy Green Bush

[no quotes as of yet]
#395 - THE TRIPLE ECHO (1972)
directed by: Michael Apted
screenplay by: Robin Chapman / based on the novel by H.E. Bates
starring: Glenda Jackson, Oliver Reed, Brian Deacon, Anthony May, Gavin Edwards

"I was a stand-up tomato, a juicy, sexy, beefsteak tomato. Nobody does vegetables like me. I did an evening of vegetables off-Broadway. I did the best tomato, the best cucumber. I did an endive salad that knocked the critics on their ass!"
#396 - TOOTSIE (1982)
directed by: Sydney Pollack
screenplay by: Larry Gelbart and Murray Schisgal / based on a story by Don McGuire and Larry Gelbart
starring: Dustin Hoffman, Jessica Lange, Teri Garr, Dabney Coleman, Charles Durning

"Apparently the only performance that will satisfy you is when I play dead!"
#397 - NORTH BY NORTHWEST (1959)
written by: Ernest Lehman
starring: Cary Grant, Eva Marie Saint, James Mason, Jessie Royce Landis, Martin Landau

"Of course, don't ever tell anybody that they're not free, 'cause then they're gonna get real busy killin' and maimin' to prove to you that they are. Oh, yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom. But they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em."
#398 - EASY RIDER (1969)
directed by: Dennis Hopper
written by: Peter Fonda, Dennis Hopper and Terry Southern
starring: Peter Fonda, Dennis Hopper, Jack Nicholson, Luke Askew, Karen Black

"Well, it is cold. At least you have something to warm you when you get to Moscow. That is, if your husband isn't completely made of ice!"
#399 - THE SCARLET EMPRESS (1934)
directed by: Josef von Sternberg
screenplay by: Manuel Komroff and Eleanor McGeary / based on the diary of Catherine the Great
starring: Marlene Dietrich, John Lodge, Sam Jaffe, Louise Dresser, C. Aubrey Smith

"You don't want to be left alone. You want me to become your unrivalled love. To confirm yourself. You need help I can't give you."
#400 - LUDWIG (1973)
written by: Luchino Visconti, Enrico Medioli and Suso Cecchi d'Amico
starring: Helmut Berger, Romy Schneider, Trevor Howard, Silvana Mangano, Gert Fröbe

(From this point onward, I think I'm officially done with the Word Key Code. It started off as an interesting brainwave I had, but ultimately I'm thinking it's kind of pretentious... not to mention just that much more time-consuming! So that'll be the end of that.)

DARTH PAZUZU'S FAVORITE MOVIES OF ALL TIME (#401-410)

"Uh-uh. I know what you're thinking. 'Did he fire six shots or only five?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and would blow your head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"
#401 - DIRTY HARRY (1971)
directed by: Don Siegel
screenplay by: Harry Julian Fink, Rita M. Fink and Dean Riesner / story by: Harry Julian Fink and Rita M. Fink
starring: Clint Eastwood, Harry Guardino, Reni Santoni, Andrew J. Robinson, John Vernon

"Say, boy... You're trying to force me to draw, ain't you? I know your system. And I know you're supposed to try and kill me... But I'm not losing my temper. Of that, I'm sure. If anybody draws first, it's gotta be you!"
#402 - THE GREAT SILENCE (1967)
directed by: Sergio Corbucci
screenplay by: Vittoriano Petrilli, Mario Amendola, Bruno Corbucci and Sergio Corbucci / story by: Sergio Corbucci
starring: Jean-Louis Trintignant, Klaus Kinski, Vonetta McGee, Frank Wolff, Luigi Pistilli

"Baby's fat. You fat... Fat and juicy!"
#403 - THE HILLS HAVE EYES (1977)
directed and written by: Wes Craven
starring: Susan Lanier, Robert Houston, Dee Wallace, James Whitworth, Michael Berryman

"I'm gonna have to be taking your car today. See, I have some top secret clown business that supersedes any plans that you might have for this here vehicle!"
#404 - THE DEVIL'S REJECTS (2005)
directed and written by: Rob Zombie
starring: Sid Haig, Bill Moseley, Sheri Moon Zombie, William Forsythe, Ken Foree

"The Valkyrie at my side is shouting and laughing with the pure, hateful, bloodthirsty joy of the slaughter... and so am I."
#405 - SIN CITY (2005)
directed by: Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller (+ Quentin Tarantino)
screenplay by: Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller / based on: Sin City (graphic novels) by Frank Miller
starring: Jessica Alba, Benicio del Toro, Clive Owen, Mickey Rourke, Bruce Willis

"They couldn't make a deal if you wanted. They get paid for killing. Nothing else!"
#406 - McCABE & MRS. MILLER (1971)
directed by: Robert Altman
screenplay by: Robert Altman and Brian McKay / based on: McCabe (novel) by Edmund Naughton
starring: Warren Beatty, Julie Christie, René Auberjonois, William Devane, John Schuck

"Everything's a scandal. Dying's a scandal. But we all do it."
#407 - COSMOPOLIS (2012)
screenplay by: David Cronenberg / based on: Cosmopolis (novel) by Don DeLillo
starring: Robert Pattinson, Sarah Gadon, Paul Giamatti, Juliette Binoche, Kevin Durand

"How can anybody care too much?"
#408 - YEAR OF THE DRAGON (1985)
directed by: Michael Cimino
screenplay by: Oliver Stone and Michael Cimino / based on: Year of the Dragon (novel) by Robert Daley
starring: Mickey Rourke, John Lone, Ariane, Raymond J. Barry, Caroline Kava

"I came here to die with you. Or to live with you. Dying ain't so hard for men like you and me. It's living that's hard when all you've ever cared about has been butchered or raped. Governments don't live together - people live together. With governments, you don't always get a fair word or a fair fight. Well, I've come here to give you either one, or get either one from you. I came here like this so you'll know my word of death is true, and my word of life is then true."
#409 - THE OUTLAW JOSEY WALES (1976)
directed by: Clint Eastwood
screenplay by: Philip Kaufman and Sonia Chernus / based on: Gone to Texas (novel) by Forrest Carter
starring: Clint Eastwood, Chief Dan George, Sondra Locke, Bill McKinney, John Vernon

"I think that with your IQ, you're unarmed and still very dangerous!"
#410 - TANGO & CASH (1989)
directed by: Andrei Konchalovsky
written by: Randy Feldman
starring: Sylvester Stallone, Kurt Russell, Jack Palance, Teri Hatcher, Michael J. Pollard

DARTH PAZUZU'S FAVORITE MOVIES OF ALL TIME (#411-420)

"Last night I dreamt I went to Manderley again."
#411 - REBECCA (1940)
screenplay by: Robert E. Sherwood and Joan Harrison / adapted by: Philip MacDonald and Michael Hogan / based on: Rebecca (novel) by Daphne du Maurier
starring: Laurence Olivier, Joan Fontaine, Judith Anderson, George Sanders, Reginald Denny

"I sit here and I can't believe that it happened. And yet I have to believe it. Dreams or nightmares? Madness or sanity? I don't know which is which."
#412 - LET'S SCARE JESSICA TO DEATH (1971)
directed by: John Hancock
written by: John Hancock and Lee Kalcheim
starring: Zohra Lampert, Barton Heyman, Kevin O'Connor, Gretchen Corbett, Mariclare Costello

"A reality is just what we tell each other it is. Sane and insane could easily switch places, if the insane were to become the majority. You would find yourself locked in a padded cell, wondering what happened to the world."
#413 - IN THE MOUTH OF MADNESS (1994)
directed by: John Carpenter
written by: Michael De Luca
starring: Sam Neill, Julie Carmen, Jürgen Prochnow, David Warner, John Glover

"If I accept your plea, regardless of verdict, every courtroom in this country would be inundated with pleas of demonic possession. Nobody would be guilty of anything anymore. Quite literally: 'The Devil made me do it!'"
#414 - AMITYVILLE II: THE POSSESSION (1982)
directed by: Damiano Damiani
screenplay by: Tommy Lee Wallace / based on: Murder in Amityville (book) by Hans Holzer
starring: James Olson, Burt Young, Rutanya Alda, Jack Magner, Andrew Prine

"I've been waiting for you, Ben!"
#415 - BURNT OFFERINGS (1976)
directed by: Dan Curtis
screenplay by: Dan Curtis and William F. Nolan / based on: Burnt Offerings (novel) by Robert Marasco
starring: Karen Black, Oliver Reed, Bette Davis, Lee Montgomery, Burgess Meredith

"We live our simple daily lives and atrocities shatter the security of the world. It's so overwhelming and God seems so very remote."
#416 - WINTER LIGHT (1963)
starring: Ingrid Thulin, Gunnar Björnstrand, Gunnel Lindblom, Max von Sydow, Allan Edwall

[no quotes as of yet]
#417 - LAST EXIT TO BROOKLYN (1989)
directed by: Uli Edel
screenplay by: Desmond Nakano / based on: Last Exit to Brooklyn (novel) by Hubert Selby Jr.
starring: Jennifer Jason Leigh, Stephen Lang, Burt Young, Jerry Orbach, Alexis Arquette

"For me, stealing's always been a lot like sex. Two people who want the same thing: they get in a room, they talk about it. They start to plan. It's kind of like flirting. It's kind of like... foreplay, 'cause the more they talk about it, the wetter they get. The only difference is, I can f--- someone I've just met. But to steal? I need to know someone like I know myself."
#418 - BOUND (1996)
directed and written by: Lana Wachowski and Lilly Wachowski
starring: Jennifer Tilly, Gina Gershon, Joe Pantoliano, John P. Ryan, Christopher Meloni

"When you love someone, you've gotta trust them. There's no other way. You've got to give them the key to everything that's yours. Otherwise, what's the point? And for a while, I believed, that's the kind of love I had."
#419 - CASINO (1995)
directed by: Martin Scorsese
screenplay by: Nicholas Pileggi and Martin Scorsese / based on: Casino: Love and Honor in Las Vegas by Nicholas Pileggi
starring: Robert De Niro, Sharon Stone, Joe Pesci, James Woods, Don Rickles

"Ghosts are real, that much I know. I've seen them all my life."
#420 - CRIMSON PEAK (2015)
directed by: Guillermo del Toro
written by: Guillermo del Toro and Matthew Robbins
starring: Mia Wasikowska, Jessica Chastain, Tom Hiddleston, Charlie Hunnam, Jim Beaver

DARTH PAZUZU'S FAVORITE MOVIES OF ALL TIME (#421-430)

"It's not important. And if I bothered you, would you accept my apology?"
#421 - DJANGO (1966)
directed by: Sergio Corbucci
screenplay by: Sergio Corbucci, Bruno Corbucci, Franco Rossetti and Piero Vivarelli / story by: Sergio Corbucci and Bruno Corbucci
starring: Franco Nero, Loredana Nusciak, José Bódalo, Ángel Álvarez, Eduardo Fajardo

"You know, you're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking up your a--."
#422 - HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER (1973)
written by: Ernest Tidyman
starring: Clint Eastwood, Verna Bloom, Marianna Hill, Mitchell Ryan, Billy Curtis

[no quotes as of yet]
#423 - RABID (1977)
directed and written by: David Cronenberg
starring: Marilyn Chambers, Frank Moore, Joe Silver, Howard Ryshpan, Patricia Gage

"You gotta admit I played this stinkin' city like a harp from hell!"
#424 - BATMAN RETURNS (1992)
directed by: Tim Burton
screenplay by: Daniel Waters / story by: Daniel Waters and Sam Hamm / based characters created by: Bob Kane
starring: Michael Keaton, Danny DeVito, Michelle Pfeiffer, Christopher Walken, Michael Gough

"There's a monster in your chest. These guys hijacked your ship, and they sold your cryo tube to this... human. And he put an alien inside of you. It's a really nasty one. And in a few hours it's gonna burst through your ribcage, and you're gonna die. Any questions?"
#425 - ALIEN RESURRECTION (1997)
directed by: Jean-Pierre Jeunet
screenplay by: Joss Whedon / based on characters created by: Dan O'Bannon and Ronald Shusett
starring: Sigourney Weaver, Winona Ryder, Dominique Pinon, Ron Perlman, Gary Dourdan

"I love you... What's wrong with that?"
#426 - BENT (1997)
directed by: Sean Mathias
screenplay by: Martin Sherman / based on: Bent (play) by Martin Sherman
starring: Clive Owen, Lothaire Bluteau, Ian McKellen, Brian Webber, Mick Jagger

"You can stay and stagnate in the past or leave and live for the future! The choice is yours."
#427 - ORLANDO (1992)
directed by: Sally Potter
screenplay by: Sally Potter / based on: Orlando: A Biography (novel) by Virginia Woolf
starring: Tilda Swinton, Billy Zane, Lothaire Bluteau, Heathcote Williams, Quentin Crisp

"I had a mother, I had a father, things... things that made sense! Do you remember things that made sense? Things you could count on? Before we all got so lost?"
#428 - BORN ON THE FOURTH OF JULY (1989)
directed by: Oliver Stone
screenplay by: Oliver Stone and Ron Kovic / based on: Born on the Fourth of July (autobiography) by Ron Kovic
starring: Tom Cruise, Kyra Sedgwick, Raymond J. Barry, Caroline Kava, Willem Dafoe

"If any of you fuss about it or frown about it, or worst of all, if you bore me with your sympathy, that's just seconds wasted. Seconds that could be used making music, which is all I want to do with the time I have left. I don't have time to be their victim, their AIDS poster boy, their cautionary tale. No, I decide who I am. I'm going to be what I was born to be, a performer that gives the people what they want: A touch of the heavens! Freddie f---ing Mercury!"
#429 - BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY (2018)
directed by: Bryan Singer
screenplay by: Anthony McCarten / story by: Anthony McCarten and Peter Morgan
starring: Rami Malek, Lucy Boynton, Gwilym Lee, Ben Hardy, Joe Mazzello

"Kill white folks and they pay you for it? What's not to like?"
#430 - DJANGO UNCHAINED (2012)
directed and written by: Quentin Tarantino
starring: Jamie Foxx, Christoph Waltz, Leonardo DiCaprio, Kerry Washington, Samuel L. Jackson

DARTH PAZUZU'S FAVORITE MOVIES OF ALL TIME (#431-440)

"Somebody once wrote, 'Hell is the impossibility of reason.' That's what this place feels like. Hell."
#431 - PLATOON (1986)
directed and written by: Oliver Stone
starring: Charlie Sheen, Tom Berenger, Willem Dafoe, Keith David, Forest Whitaker

"I will find out the truth for you, have no fear!"
#432 - WITCHFINDER GENERAL [a.k.a. THE CONQUEROR WORM] (1968)
directed by: Michael Reeves
screenplay by: Tom Baker and Michael Reeves / based on: Witchfinder General (novel) by Ronald Bassett
starring: Vincent Price, Ian Ogilvy, Hilary Dwyer, Rupert Davies, Robert Russell

"Consider your mind as a bird in your hand. When it's relaxed, it lies quiet and easy. But, when it's tense, frightened, it strains to leave you. Quite a simple principle, isn't it?"
#433 - DEMENTIA 13 (1963)
directed and written by: Francis Ford Coppola
starring: William Campbell, Luana Anders, Bart Patton, Mary Mitchell, Patrick Magee

"The Forbidden City had become a theater without an audience. So, why did the actors remain on the stage?"
#434 - THE LAST EMPEROR (1987)
directed by: Bernardo Bertolucci
screenplay by: Mark Peploe and Bernardo Bertolucci / based on: From Emperor to Citizen: The Autobiography of Aisin-Gioro Pu Yi
starring: John Lone, Joan Chen, Peter O'Toole, Ying Ruocheng, Victor Wong

"Angels and demons can't cross over onto our plane. So instead we get what I call half-breeds. The influence peddlers. They can only whisper in our ears. But a single word can give you courage, or turn your favorite pleasure into your worst nightmare. Those with the demon's touch, like those part angel, living alongside us. They call it the balance. I call it hypocritical bull----."
#435 - CONSTANTINE (2005)
directed by: Francis Lawrence
screenplay by: Kevin Brodbin and Frank Cappello / story by: Kevin Brodbin / based on: John Constantine, Hellblazer (graphic novels) by Alan Moore and Stephen R. Bissette
starring: Keanu Reeves, Racel Weisz, Shia LeBeouf, Tilda Swinton, Djimon Hounsou

"I'm a damn good hunter, you know. Wherever you go, you'll have a piece of meat every day!"
#436 - THE FOUR OF THE APOCALYPSE (1975)
directed by: Lucio Fulci
screenplay by: Ennio De Concini / based on: The Luck of Roaring Camp and The Outcasts of Poker Flat (short stories) by Bret Harte
starring: Fabio Testi, Lynne Frederick, Tomas Milian, Michael J. Pollard, Harry Baird

"The truth is just a lie that hasn't been found out."
#437 - THE OSTERMAN WEEKEND (1983)
directed by: Sam Peckinpah
screenplay by: Alan Sharp / adaptation by: Ian Masters / based on: The Osterman Weekend (novel) by Robert Ludlum
starring: Rutger Hauer, John Hurt, Craig T. Nelson, Meg Foster, Burt Lancaster

"Go ahead. Make my day."
#438 - SUDDEN IMPACT (1983)
screenplay by: Joseph C. Stinson / story by: Earl E. Smith and Charles B. Pierce / based on characters created by: Harry Julian Fink and Rita M. Fink
starring: Clint Eastwood, Sondra Locke, Pat Hingle, Bradford Dillman, Paul Drake

"You've got to kill the person you were born to be in order to become the person you want to be."
#439 - ROCKETMAN (2019)
directed by: Dexter Fletcher
written by: Lee Hall
starring: Taron Egerton, Jamie Bell, Richard Madden, Bryce Dallas Howard, Gemma Jones

"From now on, we are enemies - You and I. Because You choose for Your instrument a boastful, lustful, smutty, infantile boy and give me for reward only the ability to recognize the incarnation. Because You are unjust, unfair, unkind, I will block You, I swear it. I will hinder and harm Your creature as far as I am able. I will ruin Your incarnation."
#440 - AMADEUS (1984)
directed by: Milos Forman
screenplay by: Peter Shaffer / based on: Amadeus (play) by Peter Shaffer
starring: F. Murray Abraham, Tom Hulce, Elizabeth Berridge, Roy Dotrice, Simon Callow