Series You Rank In Release Order

Tools    

Are there any movie series of any genre with at least three or more movies where your ranking for them is the release order they came out in? With the first being the best, the second being the second best, the third being the third best, etc.? A lot of user rankings for some movie series vary greatly, but how often do you rank any series in release order?

For me, some series I rank in the order they came out:

Jurassic Park
RoboCop
Iron Man (not counting The Avengers)
Child's Play
Paranormal Activity
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (live-action trilogy)

I think it's strange that you think it's strange. According to Imdb and Rotten Tomatoes, many would agree that BHC 2 is superior to 3. As far as Evil Dead goes, I just prefer pure horror over horror/comedy.

I think it's strange that you think it's strange. According to Imdb and Rotten Tomatoes, many would agree that BHC 2 is superior to 3.
Wow. 2 was downright painful for me to watch.

I agree with The Godfather,Jurassic Park and Die Hard. The only other ones mentioned that i've seen all the films are Childs Play and Star Wars but my favourites are Bride of Chuck and Empire Strikes Back. Other ones i can think of are.

The 4 original Batmans even though i don't like the last 2.
Spiderman
Back To The Future
The Matrix

I'd rate them 5,4,6,3,1,2.
Fair enough. Most people seemed to like 3 more than 1 or 2 but when I watched them recently 3 just seemed to me to accentuate everything that was disappointing about 1 & 2.

I might be in the minority but I feel the original Star Wars trilogy got better with each new entry, though I think all three are great.

Batman series
Godfather series
Jurassic Park series

I'm a little late to this party, but I couldn't think of an answer before.
Men in Black
Clash of the Titans (counting the original, of course)

Clash Of The Titans is a tricky one to count as being a whole series since the two recent films were a rebooted canon.

I understand that, but many consider remakes to be a part of their respective franchises, such as Evil Dead and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
Unlike most people, I really enjoyed the new Clash of the Titans, although the original was unquestionably better. I thought it was fun watching the over-the-top action scenes, probably because I didn't see it in 3D. Wrath was a big letdown for me since every monster took under two minutes to beat. Hell, the minotaur didn't even last 30 seconds before he was brought down.

Well, two film series come to mind:

1. The Godfather

2. Back to the Future

Star Wars is pretty much like this: Episode IV and V are tied in first, IV is third place, III is fourth and I and II are tied at fifth place. I like Aliens more than Alien as well. The Apu trilogy by Ray is also not ordered by release order.

Star Wars is pretty much like this: Episode IV and V are tied in first, IV is third place, III is fourth and I and II are tied at fifth place

I think you meant Episode VI in one of those.

With the release of Man Of Steel out now, wonder how many around here put the original Superman saga in release order? MOS is the only Superman film I've seen thus far but I notice quite a few people elsewhere have ranked the original four films in descending order.