How Many of You are Leaving for PLite?

Tools    

Female assassin extraordinaire.
Ok. Obviously this is shaking up site dynamics, memberships, etc. Pigsnie made a point to note that PLite (a name which *I* coined by the way, and I think that should go to showing how much I love him you ruffians!) has found a new home elsewhere along with many of the mofo folk.

How many of you are leaving forever, based on the following ...

I am running this poll because I want to know, seriously, how many of you actually cared about this site for it's original mission, and how many of you only cared about PLite, and how many of you don't care about that mess at all and just want to get to movie talk.

I think this will go to show what foundation we really have to stand on, and whether we're really going to get anywhere with the loss of mofo people (per OriginalP's (registered trademark phrase) intimation).

I wanna know who my people's are, other than the HANDFUL who seem to even really care about this site more than they do their own agendas.

I voted for the white on rice option, in case it wasn't obvious ...

This is a good idea. I hope everyone votes. I'd like to know what's up. I also have reason to believe that PLite and PSenior are essentially trying to drag as many MoFos as they can to this other site...which is kind of rude.

me too, i agree. very rude. also, i wanted to ad - it's saying something that this is the ONLY poll i've ever made. i hope everyone votes too.

my basic idea is that you should NOT have joined just to talk to Plite, ya know? argh. but then again i guess people assumed they could just lurk and be here only for that reason. which is really defeating the whole purpose and not right to those who were here for the movies and enjoyed the humor on the side as a bonus. that most likely made the Plite phenomena magnify, which could have made things get to be as big as they did, which then ended in disaster.

but hey, can't cry over spilt milk.

VOTE!!!!

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I'm gonna cling to TWT like my life depends on it.

i so want to make a smarmy comment off that last, OG, but I'm pretty sure i'll get flamed like nobody's business for it ...

I chose "let's just talk movies." I liked PLite, I thought he was one of the best reasons to come to the intermission forum, but this is still a movie forum.

I don't think it seems like PLite & Pigsnie are being rude. They just didn't want to post here anymore, and sunfrog & Wart felt the same way. I still have love for all of them, and I hope one day they'll come back.

Arrrgghh! I voted for the wrong one! Lol!
You didn't have mine anyway. I support the Pigsnie brothers but I joined before them.

I accidently voted that I support PLite but I'm leaving cause it's too hot.

PS To Thmilin: PLite coined the term melons, so that means he has intelectual property rights over your melons. LOL!

Now With Moveable Parts
I voted to just talk movies.That's my story and I'm sticking to it.Of course I would have voted to stick to TWT like white on rice...but that's not a pretty picture I look forward to a long season of glorious movie banter...with or without plite supporters(not that there's anything wrong with that)I feel like I'm giving a State of the Union Adress...am I offending anyone?Contact my lawyer.

tell the world to kiss your ***! free speech, free speech!

yes, PLite has complete INTERNET DOMAIN ownership of my melons. in the real world my squittel radar would burn him to a crisp before he even made it to home base.

Now With Moveable Parts
Amen sistah!*slap me five*

I'm going to post at both forums. Yes, I "support" the Pigsnie brothers, but that doesn't mean I can't post here as well.

So I abstain from the voting process.

There seems to be alot going on here lately. I haven't been here lately posting, as a matter of fact I bid a fond farewell to all. Then I got an email asking me to come back about 3 weeks ago. It is a shame to see this is what it has come to here. All of you are intelligent, smart and witty people, and to see that you all have started fighting and arguing is quite a shame.

I won't pretned to know what all is going on here, but I have skimmed through some of the posts reguarding Plites departure from this board. You seem to have all lost the ability to understand that not everyone is like you. While at time it may seem like Plite might be a tad self absorbed...that is just how he is...that is what makes him his own person. And while TWT might seem to be "anal retentive" that is what makes him who he is. (I am just pulling out thing I have read...I do not know either one of you well enough to state them as fact, but even if they were, it stil shouldn't matter) But why focus on all the bad? All of you are very nice people, not everyone is going to like you or agree with what you have to say...that is what makes a bb so great. People sharing their thoughts reguardless.

It makes no sense to have a board, and not let people be who they are, unless they are being rude and completely disrespectful of others.

To be quite honest...I did join the site not because of Plite...but because of PSenior, but it was the infamously witty Plite that brought me here in the first place. I missed badgering with Pigsnie, badger not being what it use to be on Joblo, I came here to banter with a friend, and make a few more along the way. But it would seem my moderatorship on another site always got in the way, and clouded some peoples perception as to the person I really am.

When I first came here...I did post on other topics other than badger...maybe not as much as some would like...but I only posted on things that were of interest to me. That is what this is all about correct...while it may be TWT site, and his rules...the reason it is here is for people to join and feel comfortable enough to be who they are, and post what they think, and feel. Would I leave a site that I loved because of one person was leaving? No. Would I leave because people cannot get along? Yes.

Maybe I am way in over my head...but it would seem that everyone just needs to get along, and accept others for who they are. It shouldn't matter which topic people post under the most...it should matter that they post to begin with, and feel comfortable enough to come back again and again. I do beleive that you have lost two of the most charming men I have never had the pleasure of meeting from your site. If you know anything about them, you would know that being repressed of who they truly are, is not something they are fond of. While I may not have agreed with everything they have had to say...I respected and admired them for the simple fact that they do not lack the courage of their convictions and have always stayed true to themselves.

So what is my point? I have none really...I just felt that these things needed to be said.

Well, it is true that people are just a certain way sometimes, but that doesn't mean it's all okay. If someone's nature is to dominate conversations, or get in the way of other people's discussions, then I have no reservations about speaking up against it...NOTE: I am not saying PLite does that. I'm not saying anything about PLite right now.

Anyway, I do think this has nearly run it's course. Everyone seems to have, for the most part, moved on, and I've been enjoying the movie discussion more than ever lately. Yes, there should not be rules dictating how people act and post, but there do need to be regulations of some sort, and there needs to be a way to encourage people who aren't here for movies at all. If I went to a site about Comic Books and all I did was talk about movies, or something else unrelated, the owner of that site would have a perfectly good reason to be a little miffed.

I'm not going around flaunting my ownership...IE: I own this site, and therefore you post the way I tell you to post...but for cryin' out loud, it's a movie site! Yes, the Intermission Forum is here so we can talk about non-movie-related things, but it is disheartening to see people here who don't care to talk about movies with the rest of us, or who seem concerned with their post counts, etc. Aside from that, the chit-chat in the Intermission forum was clearly spreading to other discussions. Several people spoke to me with complaints about the inference involved.

I hold no grudges. I've come to learn a few things about some of the people involved, but all I'm TRULY concerned with is keeping this site running well, so that people have a place where they can talk about movies without any rudeness, crude language, or annoying interference. That's my goal...so far, it's been a *LOT* of fun...it honestly has. I hope it can continue to be so, and I do hope you'll stick around merrick, and you've always been a pleasure to have around.

merrick, i agree with you entirely and do feel that, once again, you may have some misconception of things.

first all, we can get along ... we argued, yes, but sometimes you need to clear the air to say what you feel and figure out what issues are before you can. tha's what happened, and the board is moving along, not quite the same, but things change, that's what life's about.

as for Pigsnie and Plite, no one ever said they weren't wonderful people and should compromise themselves to please us all. or to please TWT. you're right, freedom of speech. but where does freedom of speech cross the line over drowning out OTHER'S speech? case in point - people would have legitimate questions/concerns that would get drowned out, which wasn't fair to them. so asking Plite to tone it down was TWT's first move. Plite chose to leave instead. His choice. But that doesn't mean we or TWT asked him to shut himself down; in fact we all agree with you they are both impressive people and we liked them here, just some actions were making things difficult for others.

as for Pigsnie being told to compromise himself - that was not the case. Pigsnie chose to speak here less and less and was not the main issue here. He spoke up to defend his brother, which of course blew up with others, including myself.

but yes, people are people and have the right to say what they wish. it's not just about how much you post and where, but yes, of course one would assume if you came you care about the content and wish to contribute to it, not turn it elswhere, etc.

i do recall some nice discussions with you merrick and to be honest did notice you were not around as much. and even if you had been, you would have seen Pigsnie wasn't either. we all noticed his absence and were always teasing him about it, and TobyDammit, too. and you're saying he was the main reason you joined so ... ?

i hope you stay, but i understand if you go. to follow your argument, which in general i entirely agree with, the same freedom of speech that allows us both to air our thoughts allows us to go our separate ways and support friends here or elsewhere. and however you play it, i wish you the best, and all those who chose to leave, as well.