What is your favorite rap album?

Tools    

Mine is "The Carnival" by Wycelf Jean

Toby Mac: Momentum. That's the closest to rap I'll ever like.
And found he was eating his shoe.

The one that I stomped on until it was nothing but dust.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I ate all your bees.
Dr Dre - 2001.

I ate all your bees.
I went through a rap stage, and a rock stage, and an alternative stage. Now I appreciate all types of music, young and old.

Originally Posted by Sidewinder
I went through a rap stage, and a rock stage, and an alternative stage. Now I appreciate all types of music, young and old.
Thank you.

I just can't get passed most of the degrading topics in rap music. Sure there are some clean artists (like Toby Mac- but he was way cooler in dc Talk), but when it boils down to that it gives me a headache. Every once in a while I can listen to it.
Infinitely suffering thing.
T.S Eliot, "Preludes"

It's the rap music of today I can't stand. Although like Glitter said there are a couple that pass. These street rapping artists cussing every other second, talking about sex in the most degrading ways and more. The best (clean) rap music comes from the '80's.

I ate all your bees.
I agree. I used to think it was cool because well, I was young and immature. Now I get a little tired of all the swearing and degrading talk. I do still occassionally enjoy playing Dre though, especially if I'm DJ'in and I get to play 'Dre - Next Episode' to a very large dance floor

I must become Caligari..!
The only two okay "rap" albums, Fear of a Black Planet and It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back, Both by Public Enemy.

The Love Below is pretty good, althought i wouldn't call it "Rap" as such.
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

I'm not old, you're just 12.
It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back, and Fear of a Black Planet by Public Enemy

To the 5 Bouroughs, and Check Your Head by the Beastie Boys

Straight Outta Compton, by N.W.A.

Oh, and that album by the Fugees, the one with "Killing him softly" on it. That album was just a classic the moment it came out. (don't remember the title of it though)

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Bad Morther****er
1. Dr. Dre- The Chronic
2. GZA - Liquid Swords
3. Wu-tang Clan - Enter the 36 Chambers
4. OutKast - Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik
5. Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle
Justice will be served/ And the battle will rage/ This big dog will fight/ When you rattle his cage/ And you’ll be sorry that you messed with the U.S. of A./ Cause we`ll put a boot in your ass/ It`s the American way.
Courtesy Of The Red, White & Blue - Toby Keith

I am having a nervous breakdance

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

I am having a nervous breakdance
I wanted to put a few more on my list but my pc acted up so I couldn't edit my previous post. But here's another one that I think is a classic (because it is a rap album, right?):

I must become Caligari..!
Originally Posted by Piddzilla
(because it is a rap album, right?):
... Ummm, I guess, None the less its brilliant.

Bad Morther****er
I won't go so far as to call Rage rap, but to agree with Hondo it is a brilliant cd.

I'm being chased by evil pirates!!!
Anything by RATM and Straight Outta Compton by NWA