🌟 Star Trek, TOS 🌟

Tools    

Random TOS silliness...

Looks like Kirk has a case of "stalactite envy."

This guy on the episode The Savage Curtain as Surak (or a reasonable facsimile of), is the same guy who played this other guy in the TV-Movie The Night Stalker as a vampire:

He is the late actor, Barry Atwater. Nice range between those two parts!

This guy on the episode The Savage Curtain as Surak (or a reasonable facsimile of), is the same guy who played this other guy in the TV-Movie The Night Stalker as a vampire:

I think Barry Atwater as 'Surak' made one of the best guest star Vulcans on any of the Star Trek shows. Mark Lenard of course rocked as did cast regulars Spock and latter Tuvuk on Voyager. I love the episode The Savage Curtain, conceptually it's pretty darn cool with a strange race of rock creatures staging plays for the experience of drama. I always thought that part of the story was much cooler than the actual battle between bad and good. Though the characters that made up the bad and good team were pretty darn colorful...The actor who played Lincoln is so darn believable, when I think of the real Lincoln I envision him. I loved the way Kirk respected the image of Lincoln and even gave him full honors when Lincoln came aboard ship. Oh and such great dialog in this show. It seems most fans don't like this episode but it's one of my favorites.

Looks like Kirk has a case of "stalactite envy."
I watched this episode not long ago and when this scene came on I could only think, "Could they find a less obvious looking stalactite?"

What were they thinking? Didn't anyone on the set say, "waitaminnit!" or did they all just chuckle to themselves and let it stand because of the sheer awkwardness of it?

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

I think Barry Atwater as 'Surak' made one of the best guest star Vulcans on any of the Star Trek shows. Mark Lenard of course rocked as did cast regulars Spock and latter Tuvuk on Voyager. I love the episode The Savage Curtain, conceptually it's pretty darn cool with a strange race of rock creatures staging plays for the experience of drama. I always thought that part of the story was much cooler than the actual battle between bad and good. Though the characters that made up the bad and good team were pretty darn colorful...The actor who played Lincoln is so darn believable, when I think of the real Lincoln I envision him. I loved the way Kirk respected the image of Lincoln and even gave him full honors when Lincoln came aboard ship. Oh and such great dialog in this show. It seems most fans don't like this episode but it's one of my favorites.

I never understood why most people seem to dislike the episode "The Savage Curtain". I wouldn't put it in my top 10 episodes, but I like it.

Wasn't he a 'mealy mouth' ambassador or admiral, that tried to order Scotty around. Maybe the episode where Sarek gives a blood transfusions to Spock...Journey to Babel

Wasn't he a 'mealy mouth' ambassador or admiral, that tried to order Scotty around. Maybe the episode where Sarek gives a blood transfusions to Spock...Journey to Babel
Yeah, he might have been one of the "Commodores" who took command of the Enterprise (but I don't remember the details!)

Yeah, he might have been one of the "Commodores" who took command of the Enterprise (but I don't remember the details!)
Yeah, Commodore that's probably it. That happened a couple of times on the show.

@Citizen Rules and @gbgoodies I agree---I like The Savage Curtain also. It's a very entertaining episode. I loved Barry Atwater as Surak and Lee Bergere as Lincoln. CR, I tend to think of Bergere whenever I read or hear about Lincoln also, so convincing was he. The only part I thought was goofy was seeing him in his floating chair on the view screen at the beginning of the episode. But it didn't detract from the overall goodness of the episode. I also like the part where Colonel Green imitates Surak's voice with something like: "Spock! Help me! Help me, Spock!" When Kirk wonders why Spock doesn't do something, Spock says (again, approximately as it's been a while) "That is not Surak. A Vulcan would not cry out so." I just loved Spock's calmness and his belief that what appeared to be Surak was not really Surak, but Kirk had feelings when it came to Lincoln. Good stuff.

Mesmerized, is that Charles Drake, who played a visiting officer who took command of the Enterprise when Kirk and others were affected by a virus that caused the to age rapidly? I confess I remembered the character but had to look up the actor's name. He also was the young doctor at the psychiatric hospital in "Harvey."

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.

Nope. Wrong man. Wrong episode.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
Mesmerized, is that Charles Drake, who played a visiting officer who took command of the Enterprise when Kirk and others were affected by a virus that caused the to age rapidly? I confess I remembered the character but had to look up the actor's name. He also was the young doctor at the psychiatric hospital in "Harvey."

Bingo.

Charles Drake as Commodore Stocker

The Deadly Years

Get out of here. I never want to have to look at you again.

Since MAD Magazine is about to stop producing new material and instead will repackage old material for sale, I thought I'd pay tribute to my favorite MAD artist, Mort Drucker, and his work on Star Trek:

That's John Colicos, who played the Klingon Kor and Baltar on Battlestar Galactica. What are the photos from?
I know they brought Colicos (he'll always be Baltar to me!) back to the ST universe on Deep Space Nine. He reprised his role as the Klingon "Kor." But on DS-9, Kor had the spinal head ridges.

Does anyone know if they ever explained this for his character (or were we to assume he was just supposed to have looked that way in TOS)?

I don't think it was until later on Enterprise that they went into the whole back-story of why there were Klingons with flat foreheads (they were augments of some sort).