For Steve: I apologize: PLEASE READ

Tools    

Prince Of All Saiyans
A while back you and I had a small thing about the War In Iraq, and we had this exchange:

Originally posted by Danger Diabolik
No Steve, I think YOU, and all the people who refuse to see the truth, should shut up, and you should realize what's going on. People like you are the real source of ignorance....

I'm the ignorant one?

It's obvious you didn't read anything I wrote, because I've spent these last few days arguing in support of an Iraq invasion. The attitude you're taking with me is a lot like the attitude Osama Bin Laden takes with his followers. You're telling me basically that if I disagree with anything you or the President or whomever is saying, then I should get the hell out. That's quite a totalitarian way of looking at things, isn't it?

OK, maybe I was a bit harsh, but so was calling me an American Philistine. You sort of got what you asked for there. I did read what you said, but I was too overclouded by the Anti-American sentiment at the time, and it's something I don't take lightly, from ANYONE.

This will get long, but I don't say something
w\o trying to back it up, so please bear with me here:

No Steve, I am not a totalitarian,
it's just that, I am sick and tired of
people always putting America down,
and hating us for our freedoms.

People bitch about innocent civilians, but forget the people of 9/11 were also innocent people. All of you are so set against this thing, but seem to be at a loss for explaining HOW keeping Saddam and family in power is going to HELP......you seem to forget all the stuff Saddam did and would have continued to do if we kept him in power, as well as the gruesome stories that have arisen as a result of this man.

Can ALL the Iraqi citizens be wrong about Saddam?
Do you think that the American media is making this stuff up? Saddam murdered over a million people,
in cold blood, as opposed to civilian casualties, which are NOT intentional. America does not murder people intentionally,and you know that, or at least you should.

No link between Iraq and terror?

Many of you also forget that while no official link to Saddam and Al Qaeda exists, there IS the link between Arab and Persian for the religion's sake.

The Taliban was a coalition of Chechen, Iranian, as well as some Arabic people, as well as one American traitor, and many countries supported them, and still do. Need I say more?
And this is my point:
Many people with a common enemy (US) will band together to defeat that enemy. And recently we found out that terrorist training camps WERE in fact in Iraq, as well as admissions from POW's that Al-Qaeda DID train there. Need we say more?

Arab, or Persian, Islamic extremists are brothers under the skin. And they can and will support each other. And Saddam had the money to do it too as well as the camps. Terror has no race or religious boundary if more than one group has a common enemy.

As to our allies being concerned for human issues:

We recently found out that France and Germany and Russia had their OWN plans in Iraq, and THAT is why they opposed the war. So much for caring about civilians, huh? France had a friggin' oil field deal in Iraq, and Iraq owes Russia 8 billion. Does that sound like they care about innocent civilians? No it's the money.

SO please stop accusing America of being the only country with 'vested interests' in Iraq. Look at how Russia slaughtered thousands of innocent Afghans in the war of the 80's, and ask yourself if THEY really cared about people....no, only THEIR interests-the spread of Communism as well as the oil that country has.

America supplying Iraq with weapons at one time?

Everyone had dirty hands in Iraq: AK-47's are Russian as well as RPG's and T-55 tanks. Silkworm missiles are Chinese, and the anti-aircraft guns are distinctly Russian as well. As well, look at how many other countries have Russsian arms and armor (hello Central and South America, as well as some parts of Africa.)

You say it's all about money, well then look at France and Russia too. They had their hands in the pickle jar too not just the U.S.

This said, please accept my apology for my end of harshness, and just try to remember that ther's the way it should be and them there's the way it IS.

No amount of complaining will change things, and America's destiny officially began on 9/11. Like it or not this was going to happen anyway, and has, so we all have to make the best of it. Take care.

Danger Diabolik.

Apology accepted.

The war has done some amazing things to this place, I'm telling you. Thank God we started counting posts in the Intermission forum.

Prince Of All Saiyans
Originally posted by Steve
Apology accepted.
Cool, man. You rock.

And you knw what, it shows me something about this place. Everyone has disagreements, but we all seem to be more or less civil, and of the 2, i'd rather have a civil disagreement than some of the all out flame wars I have been witness to in the past.

Thanks for listening Steve. Yes we all have good points and bad points, but no matter what, things will happen anyway regardless of the right vs wrong ideology that starts fights in the first place. Well, see ya'!

DD

Arab, or Persian, Islamic extremists are brothers under the skin. And they can and will support each other.
Danger Diabolik.
Good post...

Except for that line right there. Arabs and Persians are vastly different. An Islamic extremist is an Islamic extremist but this line of demarcation is incorrect. Persians are Iranian and not necessarily Islamic. I'm rather close to this, having been married to a Persian girl (who is Christian along with her entire family) for about 16 years. I speak and understand Farsi (the language of Persia) but not arabic... the two are night and day.

Your point is taken, but you're getting too granular. You may be surprised to find that within Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia et al you will find that the US has many Allies.

Prince Of All Saiyans
Hi Sir Toose!

I agree that Iran and other Persian states have Amercan friendly people in their ranks as you say,
but it seems that they always take a back seat to the extremists which run the countries they reside in.

Again I want to make it clear I do not hate Muslims or Mideastern people, only the extremist idiots who use the religion to spread fear.

What I meant to say is that since a great deal of Arab and Persian people are Muslim, that surely there must also be extremists in their ranks, and that, like the mixed ethnicity of the Taliban, surely this must prove the point I am saying about extremists being brothers under the skin. And based on this, there must also be many more unknown coalitions and alliances against the U.S. and her allies.

Other than that, I hope that someday people will come forward and help stop the behavior that extremists have been known for, like 9/11. We have to band together to defeat these people, just like they have surely banded together against freedom loving people of ALL backgrounds.

My view changed on 9/11, as people of ALL backgrounds died as a result of a misguided
religious beleif with it's roots in misanthropic
annihilation of those who they see as enemies
because they don't read the same book.

Prince Of All Saiyans
I hope that's a good thing, Sir Toose...

Prince Of All Saiyans
Thank you my friend.

It's good to see someone out there dosen't accuse me of mindless ranting, like some of my overseas IM buddies who are snubbing me now because Anti-Americanism is the new thing.

I used to know this beautiful Australian girl who talked with me all the time before the war, and the day the war broke out, I IM'ed her, and she said to me "Go put on a US Army costume and murder some innocent people, you psycho."

ALL WITHOUT PRIOR PROVOCATION. Needless to say we had it out, which she evntually apologized for, but the damage is done, so I guess I don't really know what she feels, but then again she's only 20 and like most people in her age group, she thniks she knows evertything.

This is the type of stuff that has me worried with kids today, this mindless anger and the mindset that free specch gives them the right to deface or defame anything or anyone who dosen't agree with them.

Misanthropy at it's very best (and worst.)

Prince Of All Saiyans
Just to sum it up a bit, I think that in general this
war has given all of us stress and worries, and that sometimes, fear brings out aggression.

Based on that, I think all of us here have been a bit off base with each other because of national pride and expectations, and that's a given. What's done is done, the war is history, and we have to move and hope for the best. That said, I wish all of you peace and hope you all stay well. See you at the forums!

DD

To me it's like this... most kids today haven't experienced any time when the world was upside down. It's been relatively peaceful for the past 10 years (minus a few TV wars) so to them it's upsetting the apple cart.

I grew up in the shadow of Vietnam... lost uncles and cousins there. Shortly after was the Iran hostage situation, Libya, and the undercurrent of the cold war. I remember as a child we did bomb drills. We had a special bell that rang that told us to get under our desks with our hands over our heads...the threat was always there.

My wife is from Iran and she grew up with Iraqui bombs blasting the streets all around her as she tried to sleep. Can you imagine that?

I understand the idealism of the younger generation but I'm old enough to understand that there are bad people who don't play fairly and who have grand designs knocking around in their brainpans.

The US has NEVER perpetrated an evil act and I don't care what some of the current dissenters say. We are always reluctant to go to war, always, and it's almost always with the intent of helping someone out. I do NOT believe this current war is about oil. Frankly, it's fcking ridiculous to say it at all. It's just more paranoia garbage from the idealists. We are the superpower here in the US... we don't have to go to war to get anything we want.

'Army Costume'?

I'd be proud to wear one. That show "American Idols" should be a line up of our servicemen. They are heroes.

You know, I learned something today: Never get into a land war with Asia.

Prince Of All Saiyans
Posted by Sir toose:
The US has NEVER perpetrated an evil act and I don't care what some of the current dissenters say. We are always reluctant to go to war, always, and it's almost always with the intent of helping someone out. I do NOT believe this current war is about oil. Frankly, it's fcking ridiculous to say it at all. It's just more paranoia garbage from the idealists. We are the superpower here in the US... we don't have to go to war to get anything we want.

'Army Costume'? I'd be proud to wear one. That show "American Idols" should be a line up of our servicemen. They are heroes.

THANK YOU!!! Now maybe since some people here have heard it from someone who has been there and seen it, maybe some appreciation will start to seep in.

Sir Toose, you are proof of something I have always known, that if you tell 2 people something, one will have heard, and thanks for bieng that one. You rock!
Luv ya'! (but you still ain't gettin' my Bud Lite)

Other than that, I hope that someday people will come forward and help stop the behavior that extremists have been known for, like 9/11. We have to band together to defeat these people, just like they have surely banded together against freedom loving people of ALL backgrounds.
This is why I don't mind counting you as a comrade. Well said.

Originally posted by Sir Toose
The US has NEVER perpetrated an evil act and I don't care what some of the current dissenters say.
I have to ask, respectfully, how the subversion of democratic elections in support of brutal military dictators is not evil.

Prince Of All Saiyans
Word, Steve!

I'm flattered you chose that part of my post to quote:

I see terrorists, like other organized criminals, as schoolyard bullies who never grew up. The minute you fight them back, they either get the message and lay off, or become worse. But either way, sitting back and doing nothing does nothing to stop them.

While there an be no real comparison to the atrocities of Hitler as those of Saddam, the fact is is that people were murdered by him, and his time, as a dictator, and a behind the scenes supporter of terrorism, was up.

9/11 was the beginning of a stronger America, and more unified (if not totally unified) and I certainly hope that one day, these nuts who have terrorized US and the Middle East will see, that their behavior is now on the endangered list-they mess with us, they get it back.

And hey, I'm glad to call you a comrade too, buddy

See you on the message boards.
DD