Drama thread

Tools    

BANNED
Hey, if you think I actually enjoy hanging around here with pretty much everybody turning against me and breathing down my neck (for no conceivable reason--and only, I think, because a few deranged characters have been relentlessly antagonizing me to the point of my running out of patience) . . . Fact is, I'm only tying up loose ends before making my permanent departure. Go ahead and ban me, if you want, "Chrissly"! I won't object!

BANNED
Here's the scenario--a negative poll in which pretty much everybody says that they dislike my presence on this forum. And that's fine--people are entitled to their opinion, and I don't want to stay where I'm not wanted.

Point is, a short while ago, the poll results indicated a healthy majority saying that they were quite happy with my presence on the board. Furthermore, most of the threads started by me have turned into multi-page debates.

Not to be a crybaby or anything, but this poll looks, to me, like a set-up job by Yoda and his crew. How credible is this? A poll created by the forum administrator, who can easily vote as many times as he likes--it stinks of set-up.

I mean, it's kind of like Jeb Bush counting George W. Bush's Florida electorate--stinks of a set-up. Not to mention, Yoda is a hard-core Republican, which means that, by definition, he is contemptuous of the Democratic process on which this country is founded (supposedly).

So, in short, the poll stinks, in my humble opinion.

Either that, or I offended a lot of people by what I said when I lost my patience at Silver Bullet earlier in the Drama thread.

Again, it has never been my intention of antagonizing anyone--I only have this much patience, and when I am relentlessly antagonized by Silver Bullet, Yoda, et al, I tend to lash out when I lose my patience.

This thread is turning into a major joke--what I started in hopes of engendering the creative juices of people on the forum has been hopelessly ruined by the pointless antagonism of people like Silver Bullet and Yoda.

Yoda has behaved extremely irresponsibly as Forum Admin, if I may say so. He resorts to relentless personal attacks and then claims to be an unbiased observer. That is totally hypocritical. How can this forum claim to be tolerant of diverse points of view when the forum admin resorts to this sort of behavior? For one thing, ever since I started on this forum, I have been targeted by certain groups because of my political point of view--people have repeatedly fired profanities and insults at me for political reasons, not to mention called my character into question. They have repeatedly made questionable comments about my character to undermine my image on the forum, and all along, I have borne it patiently, not saying anything offensive in return. Well, I ran out of patience a short while back, and at this point, I couldn't give a damn what anybody thinks about me! All I can say is that there are a lot of blatant liars and underhanded bastards on this forum who, it seems, would go to any lengths to harm somebody's reputation and good name simply because they happen either to disagree with their politics or dislike their nationality.

I have every intention of leaving this forum, but ONLY when I have satisfactorily tied up all loose ends behind me. I don't want people concocting malicious rumors about me behind my back that could be harmful to my repuatation. I am in a sensitive position, and the sorts of lies some people are saying about me on this forum are extremely damaging to me. I just hope that other forum members can appreciate that.

BANNED
At this point, I would really like to hear what Yoda has to say--he usually is the first to respond. Why is he so silent? Is his silence hiding his guilt at having engineered a negative poll to silence his biggest critic on this forum? Like his dubious poll, his silence stinks! Yoda, you stink!

Look, everyone. Uday knows how to copy and paste. They grow up so fast, don't they?

Uday's right, he did email me about tech problems. It was a little over a month ago, in early March...and our exchange is very interesting in retrospect. Here's how it went (I still have the emails):

Uday: What's the problem with movieforums.net?

Me: Works fine for me. However, we are undergoing some DNS propogation changes, so if you use a different ISP, you may not be able to access it for a short while. Sorry for the inconvienence.

Uday: I keep getting an error message saying that there are some database connectivity problems.

Whenever I try to navigate to Movie Forums (www.movieforums.net), I keep getting this error message:

Unable to connect to the database server at this time.

Unable to locate the database at this time.

Unable to connect to the database server at this time.

Unable to locate the database at this time.

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Host '10.201.13.133' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server in /usr/home/www/mycoding/movieforums.net/docs/admin/db_mysql.php on line 40
Has my IP addressed been blocked from accessing Movie Forums? If so, why?

I thought this was America! Whatever happened to freedom of expression? I have in no way posted any profanity or unseemly material on the forum. Why am I being blocked from accessing the forum?

I have a right to know! I am really angry with this sort of high-handed treatment! I have the right to participate in your forum and you have no right to block my from accessing it.

I demand an explanation.

Me: You need to relax. Your IP was not blocked. If it was, you wouldn't receive a message like that at all. As I informed you in a reply just a few hours ago, I was expecting some downtime for some technial changes/DNS propogation, and a number of other things.

Furthermore, no one has a "right" to use someone else's forum. A website is private property.

Uday: Okay,

Thanks for that notification.

I apologize for my outburst.

Incidentally, how long will it be before I am able to access MoFo?

Moral of the Story: Django's a melodramatic, unstable drama queen who takes the Internet -- and himself -- way too seriously.

Yoda has behaved extremely irresponsibly as Forum Admin, if I may say so. He resorts to relentless personal attacks and then claims to be an unbiased observer. That is totally hypocritical. How can this forum claim to be tolerant of diverse points of view when the forum admin resorts to this sort of behavior? For one thing, ever since I started on this forum, I have been targeted by certain groups because of my political point of view--people have repeatedly fired profanities and insults at me for political reasons, not to mention called my character into question. They have repeatedly made questionable comments about my character to undermine my image on the forum, and all along, I have borne it patiently, not saying anything offensive in return. Well, I ran out of patience a short while back, and at this point, I couldn't give a damn what anybody thinks about me! All I can say is that there are a lot of blatant liars and underhanded bastards on this forum who, it seems, would go to any lengths to harm somebody's reputation and good name simply because they happen either to disagree with their politics or dislike their nationality.

I have every intention of leaving this forum, but ONLY when I have satisfactorily tied up all loose ends behind me. I don't want people concocting malicious rumors about me behind my back that could be harmful to my repuatation. I am in a sensitive position, and the sorts of lies some people are saying about me on this forum are extremely damaging to me. I just hope that other forum members can appreciate that
Uday,
Any sane person who read that would know the truth. YOU are off the deep end and I'm beginning to feel sorry for you. How can an anonymous internet forum be damaging to your reputation? No one is saying anything about you nor has anyone done anything to provoke the kind of outbursts that you have exhibited here.

I'm sick of you. I've never said that to anyone in my internet 'career' but I'm really, truly sick of your *****. You need to grow up and understand that the world does not revolve around you. YOU are ruining the experience for everyone else, not vice versa but I don't expect that you'll understand this. Instead you'll go off on some kind of tirade saying I damaged your reputation.

For the first time EVER I'm going to add someone to my ignore list. That means when I log on I don't have to see the fact that you've been here. If that doesn't work I'm going to ask Yoda to ban your IP address. I don't know if he'll do it or not but I will make the request because I think you are very disruptive, childish and petulant and I want nothing to do with you.

Some people here have the polar opposite opinion of me... Sunfrog, Piddzilla, Firegod... I love these guys and moreover I respect them. Your actions have blacklisted you from ever winning any respect from me. I'm sure that means nothing to you and frankly I'm glad.

I WILL rid myself of you one way or another.

"It's Sir Toose to the rescue!"