Films You Hate, But Everyone Else Loves

Tools    

Yeah maybe. I think some people need a fairy tale/riding off into the sunset ending. I'm surprised James Cameron was allowed to get away with letting the Titantic sink.
Well, I don't know if you understood me but w/e. People thrive on drama, in contrast to your surprise, and that's how theater has survived since Greece. Most people like Inception, and those who don't it's not because of the ending but because of the lack of exploration of its theme.

I've got soul but I'm not a soldier
I think I'm going to have to go with Shrek, when it comes to animated movies. I never understood what was so great with Shrek, I mean he's everywhere these days..Shrek cereal, Shrek Pop Tarts, Shrek cookie dough, Shrek water guns. It's not Shrek, if it's not on your cereal box. -_-

Anything with Ryan Gosling. Just can't stand the guy.

Well, I don't know if you understood me but w/e. People thrive on drama, in contrast to your surprise, and that's how theater has survived since Greece. Most people like Inception, and those who don't it's not because of the ending but because of the lack of exploration of its theme.
From the people that don't like it, I've heard a variety of complaints, ranging from not understanding it to it lacking depth and substance as well as dissatisfaction at the ending.

I don't remember asking you a ******* thing!
From the people that don't like it, I've heard a variety of complaints, ranging from not understanding it to it lacking depth and substance as well as dissatisfaction at the ending.

I love Inception and all, but I will admit they could've gone a little deeper with with the whole "levels of dreams" thing. However, a lot of their views on dreams is left entirely to the imagination. As for the ending, I felt it would've been better if *SPOILER* they left the top spinning smoothly instead of letting it even give a hint of a wobble. Either way, that movie is still one of my fave movies of all time.

Eternal Sunshine Of Spotless Mind,some Christopher Nolan movies (Memento,The Prestige and Inception),Eraserhead,Green Street Hooligans,V For Vendetta,Million Dollar Baby and Gran Torino,Into The Wild,Amelie,Silence Of The Lambs and The Departed(saw both translated in other language and on tv,I'm guessing that watching them in original language and without commericals would increase my rating).Not sure if mentioned all of them.And it's not that I hated them - just can't understand what is SO special about these movies.

Green Street Hooligans
That absolutely rubbish film got mostly mediocre/negative reviews when it came out, not a film everyone loves and certainly nothing special.

Eternal Sunshine Of Spotless Mind,some Christopher Nolan movies (Memento,The Prestige and Inception),Eraserhead,Green Street Hooligans,V For Vendetta,Million Dollar Baby and Gran Torino,Into The Wild,Amelie,Silence Of The Lambs and The Departed(saw both translated in other language and on tv,I'm guessing that watching them in original language and without commericals would increase my rating).Not sure if mentioned all of them.And it's not that I hated them - just can't understand what is SO special about these movies.
Wow a few hates there

That absolutely rubbish film got mostly mediocre/negative reviews when it came out, not a film everyone loves and certainly nothing special.
Many friends of mine,also family members keep praising it as a great movie,so I just figured that it must be well-rated.Checked it now - it has only 46% on RottenTomatoes,however,7.5 on IMDB(82% audience in RT),which I consider quite a good rating. It's just critics who don't like it.

^ I don't go by anything like that on IMDB, terrible website for public voting/comments on films. Not just critics, all sorts of people didn't like the film. Don't defend it, you hated it!

^ I don't go by anything like that on IMDB, terrible website for public voting/comments on films. Not just critics, all sorts of people didn't like the film. Don't defend it, you hated it!
I disagree. IMDB is a great website for public voting/comments. The problem is that people are idiots and the site reflects this.

I like IMDB.For example top 250list really is good and I'm glad that people still have a good taste in movies. ^^ I rarely read user reviews or forums,so I don't see any problems with that.I like the way the information is there and that it's easy to find everything.

Precious tritium is what makes this project go.

I wouldn't say I hated it, but I really didn't enjoy it at all. Except for the beard guy. Sorry fans, I didn't like it. It deserved more...and some decent CGI, it looked like a 90's movie.

I don't like transformers.

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission

FINALLY got around to watching this, and I didn't enjoy it much. I really don't understand why it even received so much praise. The story's been done a dozen times before, with more compelling characters and better scripts. I felt no emotional connection whatsoever. Aronofsky played it safe with this one. *yawn*

Saw several posts in this thread about Avatar. I wasn't super excited to see it when it came out, but it was one of those films that you hear about all the time.... everyone says "Oh it's so cool... you have to see it!" So I went to see it, and about 2 hours in (still an hour to go, mind you) I was barely awake. For some reason it just didn't hold my interest very well. Special effects were cool, but great CGI doesn't make up for a mediocre story line.