Most ridiculous "This film contains..." messages

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
Not sure where this goes, but I figure since it's to do with the packaging more so than with the movies, it could go in here.

The topic says it all - what's the most unbelievable warning of what a film contains that you've ever seen? It can fit any criteria - outright lies, exaggerations, whatever. If it seems ridiculous, name it.

Got this idea after looking at my VHS copy of Hard-Boiled, which is rated R for "high level violence, high level sex scenes and frequent coarse language".

What the hell? There's no sex in Hard-Boiled at all, let alone high-level. The same goes for the swearing, which is most definitely infrequent.

So, who's got others?

A PHD in Whiskey and Stonerology
Well I'm having trouble thinking of anything, but one thing that comes to mind is the text beneath the R rating for AVP:R in the first few posters for the movie. IIRC it listed language, violence, gore and, yes, "alien slime". God forbid my child was exposed to slime.

These things are getting more descriptive by the year. The warning guide for Funny Games was exaggerated, imo. I know that the film contains violence, but most of the time it's suggested and shown off screen. It said something about it having 'STRONG BLOODY VIOLENCE' along with 'SCENES OF UPSETTING SEXUAL HUMILIATION' and what not.

Yeah there were scenes of humiliation and stuff but they hyperboled a little bit. I've seen similar scenes in 12A rated films, ffs. This film could have been a 15.

But lets twist this thread around a bit, Iroquois. What about films that SHOULD have had a stronger warning on it's advertisement. Take The Dark Knight. I remember about a year ago myself and Pyro were saying we wantedit to be a 15, so that there wasn't a limit on the film. But lord behold the film manages to be a 12A and still be as violent and dark as some films rated 15! There were definitely a good few scenes that could have gotten the film a harsher rating, but somehow he pushed the boundaries of a 12A.

Yea, I was really surprised that the Dark Knight was not a 15. The last Rambo film tried to push the boundaries of an 18 with some of the violence and The Clockwork Orange got banned in England for a while because it was so violent. Generally, the film classifications are quite accurate.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
My favorite: TWISTER

Rated PG-13 for intense depiction of very bad weather.

Good ol' MPAA