4. Breakdown
5. The Usual Suspects
6. Seven
7. The Untouchables
8. American History X
9. Memento
10. Go

I must become Caligari..!
WTF is this thread about, The Best Moves that dont have sequals or movies that need sequals.

The Best Films That Don’t Have Sequels

1. Pulp Fiction (1994)
2. Apocalypse Now (1979)
3. O Brother, Where Art Thou? (2000)
4. Blade Runner (1982) .....(Had Literary Sequels)
5. Reservoir Dogs (1992)

Films That Need Sequels

Well i guess i only really like or agree with sequals if they were origanly planned, or have the the same charecters in diffrent storys..... So .... well... i dunno i guess it would be nice to at least read Chinatown 3
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
[i]Lawrence of Arabia. All great movies, no sequels.
Ahem..... A Dangerous Man: Lawrence After Arabia (1990)

Yeah, that's SO a sequel to David Lean's Lawrence of Arabia.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

A novel adaptation.
The IMDB Review
In Paris, instead of the shifting sands of the desert, Feisal and Lawrence encounter shifting political alliances.
Right.

Completely different production companies, made decades apart with completely different casts and crew, and not using Larry's Seven Pillars of Wisdom as the primary source material.

Yeah, you're right, I conceed. Clearely this is a sequel. Thanks for clearing that up, Mr. Helper!

Here are some other such "sequels":
  • The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938 - Michael Curtiz) & Robin & Marian (1976 - Richard Lester)
  • Becket (1964 - Peter Glenville) & The Lion in Winter (1968 - Anthony Harvey)
  • The Three Musketeers (1948 - Geroge Sidney) & The Man in the Iron Mask (1998 - Randall Wallace)
  • Dracula (1931 - Tod Browning) & Dracula Has Risen from the Grave (1968 - Freddie Francis)
  • Al Capone (1959 - Richard Wilson) & The Untouchables (1987 - Brian DePalma)

Again...

So then what is a sequel then, A Continuation of a story? A film with the same or similar Cast and crew? A Film with the Same Charecters? Made in the same or similar decade of prior film?

Here's more "sequels"

Where the Buffalo Roam (1980) - Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (1998)
The Terminator (1984) - Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (2003)
The Maltese Falcon (1941) - The Black Bird (1975)
Psycho (1960) - Psycho II (1983) - Psycho III (1986) - Psycho IV: The Beginning (1990)

Is it still a sequel if its a diffrent director? If no, then these arnt sequels

Chinatown (1974) - The Two Jakes (1990)
Star Wars (1977) - The Empire Strikes Back (1980) - Return of the Jedi (1983)

Errr theres to many

I don't really think that this thread is stupid or pointless. There are a few movies that I like and would enjoy seeing more about the characters. Movies that I would have like to see sequels to, though some are comepletely impossible due to age:

Blade Runner - I would've liked to see what happened to the main characters later in life.

Interview With A Vampire - I know that the Queen of the Damned is supposedly a sequel, but the second book of the series; The Vampire Lestat was completely ignored. It was a far superior story than TQotD.

Pink Floyd's: The Wall - I would have liked to see The Final Cut made into a movideo.

Storm of the Century - See the boy turn into the evil spawn that he is and go back home to...whatever.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

I just know they're coming to kill me.
Originally Posted by Ezikiel
Well actually a sequel came out on DVD a few weeks ago.
Really? What was it called?

Do you know my poetry?
Originally Posted by MovieMaker5087
Really? What was it called?
Gone in 60 Seconds 2: Deadline Auto Theft

Is that the sequal to the original or a sequal to the Nic Cage Remake?

[quote=Hondo333]02. Snatch.... Stephan Graham's character [Turkish] having another ****ed up day would be fun... the characters in that movie were so hilarious and fun it would and could work.
/QUOTE]

well, syndicate, u fool, as u think ur sum kind of movie buff u must be wrong. because stephan graham plays tommy, the less significant character, it is jason statham (married to the LOVELY kelly brooks) who plays turkish. my god how quotable is this movie.

thats all.

oh, best movie without a sequal? hmmmmm. ferris buellers day off.

do you know what nemises means?
a righteous infliction of retribution, manifested by an appropriate agent. personified by an 'orrible c*nt. me.

www.freewebs.com/pajamas

[quote=pajamas]02. Snatch.... Stephan Graham's character [Turkish] having another ****ed up day would be fun... the characters in that movie were so hilarious and fun it would and could work.
/QUOTE]

When did i say that.....

I ate all your bees.
There are too many good movies without sequels...Need to think of movie that either should not have had sequels or need sequels.

honda, it was sumthing syndicate said. apologies, although i did write syndicate in the message.

Yeah, sure, 'tis ok, i was just very confuzed.

"HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA HONDA" - Lord Suggs

History of the World Part 1...Um the name itself promises a second part, and even at the end they promise it... man i feel ripped off