Terrorist Attacks

Tools    

your views will change when more migrants from the middle east will arrive in your country .
but by that time , it will be too late .

I'm going to now use the one emoji I dont like using

Dani, I'm know you like your Muslim neighbors and I'm sure they are fine people, but nice people that you know does not somehow negate the fact that global terrorism is occurring in the name of Islam.

I'm of German heritage - so it's like if I say because my relatives were German and they were all really nice people, then the fascist ideology in Germany in the 1930's and 40's called Nazism must have not really been too bad because the vast vast vast majority of Germans now and then were really good people.

Individuals being good does not somehow negate or erase the precepts of a fascist ideology, be it purely political, religious or both.

Now, it certainly helps if virtually no one ACTS on the precepts of a violent ideology, but that is not the case with Islam as is demonstrated by terrorist sects, cells, sleeper agents, individual jihadists, criminals indoctrinated to Islamic terrorism in prisons, country-occupying caliphate forces, recruits coming in to groups like ISIS by the thousands, and entire Islamic nations carrying out terror attacks against the most defenseless and innocent "targets" all over the world.

https://xmovies8.org/watch?v=The_Day...Eleven_1683_20

see this full movie for free here to see how the turks had penetrated upto vienna in 1683 . if the europeans had lost this battle then whole of european civilization would have been dead---****ing dust, as someone said here . . it was the gallant king of poland ( Jan Sobeiski ) who saved europe by crushing the turks and forcing them to raise the seige of vienna .

the movie has bad special effects , largely because it did not get much funds for it's production . nobody wanted to fund a politically incorrect movie , you know . but it is to be watched because of this very political incorrectness . it dares to show the truth .

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Dani, I'm know you like your Muslim neighbors and I'm sure they are fine people, but nice people that you know does not somehow negate the fact that global terrorism is occurring in the name of Islam.

I'm of German heritage - so it's like if I say because my relatives were German and they were all really nice people, then the fascist ideology in Germany in the 1930's and 40's called Nazism must have not really been too bad because the vast vast vast majority of Germans now and then were really good people.

Individuals being good does not somehow negate or erase the precepts of a fascist ideology, be it purely political, religious or both.

Now, it certainly helps if virtually no one ACTS on the precepts of a violent ideology, but that is not the case with Islam as is demonstrated by terrorist sects, cells, sleeper agents, individual jihadists, criminals indoctrinated to Islamic terrorism in prisons, country-occupying caliphate forces, recruits coming in to groups like ISIS by the thousands, and entire Islamic nations carrying out terror attacks against the most defenseless and innocent "targets" all over the world.

Oh for gods sake, it's got nothing to do with my neighbours. It's about you constantly bashing a book to stir up crap, and I never asked what your heritage is so have no idea what you're on about with your passive aggression and dumb insolence. You trying to shout down anyone who view things differently because they dont see life in black and white and pigeonholes is getting irritating.
And nice Godwins Law.

OK back to movies.

Oh for gods sake, it's got nothing to do with my neighbours. It's about you constantly bashing a book to stir up crap, and I never asked what your heritage is so have no idea what you're on about with your passive aggression and dumb insolence. You trying to shout down anyone who view things differently because they dont see life in black and white and pigeonholes is getting irritating.
And nice Godwins Law.

OK back to movies.
You mentioned your neighbors a while back and you presented them with the illogical fallacy that, since they are such nice people who'd never hurt anyone (and I don't doubt that's true)... and they're Muslim... THEN there obviously CAN'T be anything wrong with the ideology of Islam.

I'm not saying you SAID that verbatim, I'm saying that that was the obvious argument you were making by presenting your neighbors as good people. Why else would you mention them within the context of a thread dealing mostly with Islamic terrorism?

And yes, it does support the argument that not "all Muslims are terrorists," but no one is claiming that. What it doesn't do is somehow negate what Islam teaches and that there are worldwide multitudes of Muslims willing to act on those teachings in a literal manner by following the written commands to eliminate & terrorize the "infidel."

P.S. This is all about "bashing a book to stir up crap"? Really?
What are the terrorist attacks then?
If we talk about them, it is WE who are just trying to stir up crap?
Yeah, slashing the throats of an entire campus full of students or mass murdering a bunch of women and children in a mall is pretty bad, but for God's sake, don't go acknowledging the fact because you might stir some crap up! (Is that PC language for make the terrorists mad or force Muslims to reflect on what their ideology actually teaches?) Forget about all the innocent lives lost, just make sure you don't stir up any crap after the last attack or before the next one?

You mentioned your neighbors a while back and you presented them with the illogical fallacy that, since they are such nice people who'd never hurt anyone (and I don't doubt that's true)... and they're Muslim... THEN there obviously CAN'T be anything wrong with the ideology of Islam.

I stopped reading right there. You are clearly standing at the kool aid water fountain.

I stopped reading right there. You are clearly standing at the kool aid water fountain.
Okay. I thought we were having a discussion. In one post you say I'm "shouting" any other opinions down (I'm not typing in all caps). Don't know how I could do that with text. I'm debating.

What is apparent is that you are not willing to listen as demonstrated with a couple times now where you said you "stopped reading right there." I'm obviously reading all of your posts.

I thought you said you liked debating controversial topics. Debates involve listening to what each side has to say, not plugging your ears until its your turn to make your points.

If you don't want to engage, then simply stop responding, but saying you'll only read one sentence, (become offended), and stop, is kind of a cop out if you're here to make a point or refute someone else's.

And I'm sorry, I'm usually pretty easy going, but this is a horrific and very immediate subject that I take seriously since it involves innocent people being murdered and the rational world, that is willing to acknowledge the facts, trying to prevent that from happening further.

Okay. I thought we were having a discussion. In one post you say I'm "shouting" any other opinions down (I'm not typing in all caps). Don't know how I could do that with text. I'm debating.

What is apparent is that you are not willing to listen as demonstrated with a couple times now where you said you "stopped reading right there." I'm obviously reading all of your posts.

I thought you said you liked debating controversial topics. Debates involve listening to what each side has to say, not plugging your ears until its your turn to make your points.

If you don't want to engage, then simply stop responding, but saying you'll only read one sentence, (become offended), and stop, is kind of a cop out if you're here to make a point (or refute someone else's).

And I'm sorry, I'm usually pretty easy going, but this is a horrific and very immediate subject that I take seriously since it involves innocent people being murdered and the rational world that is willing to acknowledge the facts, trying to prevent that from happening further.

Oh man, you are the master of dumb insolence. Nice job, Cap. I'll go back to talking fillums.

Oh man, you are the master of dumb insolence. Nice job, Cap. I'll go back to talking fillums.
I haven't responded with insults (hopefully you haven't taken my attempts to make legitimate responses / refutations to your points that way).

It's just not a very informative debate where we (or anyone observing) aren't able to walk away with any insight to any point of view when the only refutation is to respond with name calling.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Paris in broad daylight, unbelievable description...

Horror as man wearing Muslim tunic 'slits his father and brother's throats' in Paris street 'while shouting Allah Akbar'

'I looked out the window and saw a man lying on the ground. There was a lot of blood.'There was another man standing beside him, dressed in a white djellaba (loose-fitting tunic worn by some Muslims).
'He fell to his knees and prayed until the police came to take him away,' 21-year-old Thomas told AFP.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-throats.html

Paris in broad daylight, unbelievable description...

Horror as man wearing Muslim tunic 'slits his father and brother's throats' in Paris street 'while shouting Allah Akbar'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-throats.html
You already posted that. What does it have to do with a terrorist attack thread?

Ah, you know, it's hit or miss with the terror label in the media. The Quebec mosque event still hasn't been labelled as terrorism, despite our PM's efforts. Description of this event fills my heart with horror and terror. You know that old adage, "If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck...". Muslims are still the primary victims of terrorism in the world. Too many similarities in this attack, with other terrorism related attacks. It's a bit convenient and a bit unfair to the victims, to just call it a family matter, in my opinion. This was an open and unapologetic display of radical ideology in broad daylight. Same radical ideology that fuels and justifies terror attacks. If it makes you feel better to know that the psychiatric unit was involved, I'll indulge your delusion.

I'll indulge your delusion.

That's nice. So I'm delusional? Send over the men in lab coats with drugs and a straight jacket. While you're at it, alert black Ops because I have a collection of Pakols and Shalwar Kameez I bought on the paki-afghan border. My bad. I can also recite the Islamic creed in arabic and have fertiliser in my garage. Noooooooooooooo.

Indulge my delusion all you want but that article was highly inflammatory and you're buying into it. Much like the first headline about the Norway incident which was that it was an Islamic act of terrorism. The guy is a neo nazi. There. I;ll indulge your delusion.

BOOM!

Those internment islands make life easier for Australians, don't they? Nice to be able to avoid reality, while lecturing others.

I see it's already well past midday on Saturday in Europe. Just another day, Friday's events quickly forgotten.

Paris shooting: terror investigation launched after suspect shot dead
The attacker was said to be a radicalised Muslim who appeared on a security watch list, police sources told Reuters.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...un-reports-say

Those internment islands make life easier for Australians, don't they? Nice to be able to avoid reality, while lecturing others.]
How dare you. Point out to me where I have EVER spoken in a positive light about offshore detention centres, Get your facts straight before making such accusations. I find your assumption highly offensive.

You don't have to, I support them for you and your countrymen/women/children of all backgrounds, races and faiths. One of very few examples today, where a government is acting responsibly and actually looking after the best interests of its citizens.

I'm not the least bit interested in what a xenophobe from another country supports in my country, and I can tell you the UN doesnt support your opinion either. Nor am I interested in continuing to engage with someone who likes lobbing passive aggro insults around. According to you I am deluded, out of touch with reality, and for a human rights' advocate of almost 3 decades I must be a hypocrite. Anything further you'd like to add to your list of ASSumptions? Never mind. You're free to think whatever ignorant opinions you want. Have a nice weekend.

Interesting observation by a guy on another forum I'm on, especially because he fancies himself as a tough guy. Maybe he's maturing.

There's always been a prominent sub culture of intimidation, fear, and often violence with Arab kids in certain areas, certainly Punchbowl being one. They value those traits more than anything else. I remember when 9/11 happened, I was only a few years out of high school at the time, memory was still fresh. I remember thinking that many of them (and there were tons, this was Rockdale) would feel immense pride. Not out of any religious conviction, not because they think it's right to kill innocent people, infact DESPITE those reasons. They would be proud because they would think it bolstered their tough guy reputation and their level of intimidation which they so value.

What happens is that they grow up, the majority become normal people, but a minority keep going down that path, and somewhere along the line image turns to serious crime, then for some into genuine extremism and the religion becomes central because they consider it the core of their identity.

These days with terrorism on the map in a way it never was back then, combined with the long standing tough guy culture among other things, I think it's worth taking pretty seriously... what to do about it is another question