Random Acts Of Kindness Towards Sick/Injured Animals.

Tools    

They only go out with one of us and always during daylight.
Good on you. Same for us in spring to autumn (snakes)but not so much in winter (although snakes are still out year in. It's not farfetched we could have a cute, fluffy kangaroo jump in to the garden and not be able to jump out. Very dangerous critters, especially to dogs. My two boy terriers would just see . We were watching a segment on some news panel and seeing an idiot tourist talking to camera about how cuuuuute they are while kangaroo was sizing her up to scratch the beeping stuffing out of her. The cameraman was delighted.
Sure, roos ARE cute, and softer than they look, but before handling my first one, I was properly warned (by one of its keepers) that one kick from its hind legs could open up my whole thigh. Still love 'em!

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Sure, roos ARE cute, and softer than they look, but before handling my first one, I was properly warned (by one of its keepers) that one kick from its hind legs could open up my whole thigh. Still love 'em!
Oh theyve been known to disembowel men and drown
pig hunting dogs.I still think they're cute too, but I respect thejr space

What a lovely story. And that baby deer licking his face just melted my heart.

What a lovely story. And that baby deer licking his face just melted my heart.
@BoxOfficePoison Amazing. What a lovely man.

One week later & still struggling with Kandy. She has barely eaten all week, even her kibble which she can how have & which she really likes. So I must get her to the vet by bus tomorrow by 8 a.m. Vet has squeezed us in for a 2nd dose of buprenorphine, which is strong pain relief. She refused her 2nd dose of Onsior tablet last week so has had no pain relief since last Tuesday. My feeling is that her mouth is still painful, which is why she’s avoiding her food dishes. She would like to eat kibble, but doesn’t seem to know how to get it in her mouth. So stressful & worrying. Praying every day that this will improve for her. Cats are super-stoic & they will do anything not to show weakness. Kandy has not cried once.

Kandy seems to have turned a corner. (Fingers crossed.) Slow-release 3 days dose of buprenorphine given yesterday + an NSAID + an appetite stimulant. I also have 4 syringes of buprenorphine to give her at the weekend. Problem, I think, was insufficient painkiller these past 7 days. Anyway, we got back from the vet yesterday & she immediately ate kibble & later wet food. This has continued.

good to see you got on top of it for the beautiful Ms Kandy

Kandy seems to be fully recovered. Monday will be our final check-up appointment, I would imagine. Though she has no teeth now, she is not bothered in the slightest. And she must feel better now that her gums aren’t swollen & tender & her teeth aren’t breaking off. So relieved & pleased we made it to the other side.

Kandy seems to be fully recovered. Monday will be our final check-up appointment, I would imagine. Though she has no teeth now, she is not bothered in the slightest. And she must feel better now that her gums aren’t swollen & tender & her teeth aren’t breaking off. So relieved & pleased we made it to the other side.
I'm sure she'll do great. Carnivores like cats hardly chew their food anyway -- chewing is for fibrous stuff like grass. I've known plenty of cats (as well as dogs) who barely seemed to even notice being completely toothless. I remember in particular doing a dental cleaning on a cat with a mouthful of "wind chimes" -- teeth hanging by a thread, practically flapping in the breeze. When I called the owner afterward and told him how many teeth we'd had to pull, he was shocked -- "How's he gonna eat?!" (Trust me, he was eating despite those teeth, not with them!) Anyway, I'm a bit drunj at the end of a long week. All the best to you and Kandy!

@BoxOfficePoison, thanks! Final appointment today & Kandy is fine. Total cost = $3,100. This cat hospital is very top grade, as one can tell from its fees. Also a very “sticky” vet hospital. Was suckered into another blood test today for Kandy “just to check”. Kicking myself for doing that since it added $120 to the bill.

Berry cute pup.

Humans are animals which got me thinking, why don't more Hew Mans practse random Acts of kindness to Hew Mans that surround them? Maybe the globe would be in a much happier space than its in right now if they did. Maybe the myriad of sad people I see on a daily basis would be happier if they did.

Something for me to ponder while I escape human atrocities happening right now.

Have a.great day. Stirchly

Was suckered into another blood test today for Kandy “just to check”. Kicking myself for doing that since it added $120 to the bill.
What were they following up on? Systemic infection stemming from gingivitis? Liver assessment since she hadn't been eating, and/or given the meds she's been on? Previous, unrelated health issues? (All good potential reasons, in my opinion, but if course I'm only speculating.) At any rate, you're not a sucker. You paid for top-quality care for her, and got it. Well done to both of you!

Another heartwarming story to make me smile and laugh and ooooh and aaaaaah. What a huggable lovable kitty, and a pretty nice lady too. And ya know, I think cat and lady actually have the same eyes. A great feel good video!

What were they following up on? Systemic infection stemming from gingivitis? Liver assessment since she hadn't been eating, and/or given the meds she's been on? Previous, unrelated health issues? (All good potential reasons, in my opinion, but if course I'm only speculating.) At any rate, you're not a sucker. You paid for top-quality care for her, and got it. Well done to both of you!
White blood cells count, which isn’t quite what it should be. Also slight inflammation of rear paw pads. Vet called yesterday & said this should be followed up when Kandy has her physical in October, but nothing to worry about now.

Definitely considering switching to this vet for Kandy. I like my current vet, but I have always blamed her for the death of my kitten. He would still be alive if we had gone to this new vet. New vet costs slightly more for office visits, but the bus stops right at the door & I was impressed with Kandy’s aftercare, the follow-up calls, etc.

Gonna start financially supporting Hope for Paws. Rescue couple based in L.A. Their rescue YouTube videos are amazing & it’s time to support them.

This video is amazing. So nerve racking.

Goslings in the park today. (Stock photo.) Two families of 4 goslings each. So stinkin’ cute. Think I saw a tiny duckling in the middle of the lake all alone. His chances of survival are almost zero, unfortunately.